Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 118

Thread: Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

  1. -51
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,898
    vCash:
    2749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    the guy will never come back to the NFL..... the guy is an egomaniac that would rather be on top of the CFB hill then be a middle of the road big boy coach. He loves the fact that he can control these young kids and they do whatever he wants. He cant lead MEN instead he tries to dictate the weaker younger minds that wont question him. He is a POS

    He's coached as many "men" during his time at Alabama as he did in Miami. He has players under him right now that are more mature than a lot of the players in the NFL. Grown men aren't required to call their grandma when it's time for the rubber to meet the road because they're lazy and uncoachable.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,799
    vCash:
    4014
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Some people have such a hard on for this guy and I really don't get it. We were an average team under him never coming close to sniffing the playoffs. His offenses were terrible both years here and showed 0 signs of looking up. The guy played musical QBs in his 2 years here, with absolutely no foresight for the position. He started 5 different QBs in that time.

    However, all these years later people are still hung up on him and think that he would have delivered championships? What in his 2 years here gave you any indictation that he would have done that? When he drated a RB 2nd overall that has had 1 1000 yard season? When he drafted Jason Allen in the first round and couldn't decide on what position to play him his entire rookie year? The guys personality simply isn't compatible with the NFL. In college this dictatorship style can work, but it does not work with grown NFL players.

    Finally, and let me make this abundantly clear to everyone Nick Saban had the final say on all personnel moves. This isn't up for debate this is a fact. You can argue that the medical staff dropped the ball but ultimately it was his decision. Randy Mueller was allowed to stay on as GM and help hire Cam Cameron, simply because of the fact he had almost no say under Saban. Look back at his drafting in those two years, and show me where this great brilliant football mind was? Ronnie Brown with 1 1000 yard season was the best player.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    twix2500's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    960
    vCash:
    2803
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ummmm this is not new news, it was long reported that the we had an agreement with Brees but he failed the physical, thats why we instead signed Culpepper. So what if Saban said out of his mouth to the public for the first time.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,481
    vCash:
    7052
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    Some people have such a hard on for this guy and I really don't get it. We were an average team under him never coming close to sniffing the playoffs. His offenses were terrible both years here and showed 0 signs of looking up. The guy played musical QBs in his 2 years here, with absolutely no foresight for the position. He started 5 different QBs in that time.

    However, all these years later people are still hung up on him and think that he would have delivered championships? What in his 2 years here gave you any indictation that he would have done that? When he drated a RB 2nd overall that has had 1 1000 yard season? When he drafted Jason Allen in the first round and couldn't decide on what position to play him his entire rookie year? The guys personality simply isn't compatible with the NFL. In college this dictatorship style can work, but it does not work with grown NFL players.

    Finally, and let me make this abundantly clear to everyone Nick Saban had the final say on all personnel moves. This isn't up for debate this is a fact. You can argue that the medical staff dropped the ball but ultimately it was his decision. Randy Mueller was allowed to stay on as GM and help hire Cam Cameron, simply because of the fact he had almost no say under Saban. Look back at his drafting in those two years, and show me where this great brilliant football mind was? Ronnie Brown with 1 1000 yard season was the best player.
    You,sir..don't have a freaking clue, do you?
    Go back and check out the assit. coaches that Wayne nudged on Nick.
    Last edited by Namor; 12-18-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    electrolyte's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    1,576
    vCash:
    1413
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    This has "Saban trying to clear his name for an NFL job" all over it.
    I disagree. I see this as an egotistical move. He thinks he is God now and his ego is so large, he cannot accept anything he ever did wrong. He wants to be perfect, and so any of his mistakes, he wants to explain away as someone else's fault.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2012
    Posts:
    35
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They will start to go down and with their drafting I think the Browns will star to improve by how much is up for debate well speculation
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,898
    vCash:
    2749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take about 15 minutes and listen to this radio interview by Chris Carter on Saban to the NFL, and Saban in general...

    He basically says to take it from someone that covers the NFL and is tied to the NFL.... Saban has a better job at Alabama than the NFL. If everything was true about Saban that permeates the circle of jilted Dolphin fans, so many parents wouldn't go out of their way to make sure their kids had an opportunity to play for him. Chris Carter, Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio, Mark Ingram's mother... the list goes on. There's a reason why NFL coaches can't get through to Rolando McClain, yet Saban did.

    Having an inflated NFL contract and being overpaid to play football doesn't make you a grown man. The blessing to be able to call yourself an NFL player doesn't make you a grown man. People need to start calling it for what it is. You can't control NFL players because of their contracts... it ain't got a damn thing to do with being grown. Adults like Dez Bryant need more babysitters than a daycare....

    Furthermore, the NFL wouldn't be in constant contact with Saban asking questions about how he runs his program and the pattern-match concepts he teaches if he wasn't highly respected among the NFL ranks. It's the jilted fans that are lying to themselves constantly.


    http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101780691/
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    ChambersWI's Avatar
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    12,135
    vCash:
    6578
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more I hear from Saban and his wife, it just sounds like he's about ready for a new challenge.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    3,720
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Take about 15 minutes and listen to this radio interview by Chris Carter on Saban to the NFL, and Saban in general...

    He basically says to take it from someone that covers the NFL and is tied to the NFL.... Saban has a better job at Alabama than the NFL. If everything was true about Saban that permeates the circle of jilted Dolphin fans, so many parents wouldn't go out of their way to make sure their kids had an opportunity to play for him. Chris Carter, Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio, Mark Ingram's mother... the list goes on. There's a reason why NFL coaches can't get through to Rolando McClain, yet Saban did.

    Having an inflated NFL contract and being overpaid to play football doesn't make you a grown man. The blessing to be able to call yourself an NFL player doesn't make you a grown man. People need to start calling it for what it is. You can't control NFL players because of their contracts... it ain't got a damn thing to do with being grown. Adults like Dez Bryant need more babysitters than a daycare....

    Furthermore, the NFL wouldn't be in constant contact with Saban asking questions about how he runs his program and the pattern-match concepts he teaches if he wasn't highly respected among the NFL ranks. It's the jilted fans that are lying to themselves constantly.


    http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101780691/
    The only reason saban controlled mcclain is because in college you dont have the freedom and money you have in the pros. Its not because saban was some great dictator your thinking, its the system, the dicispline it requires to be in that system. I can guarantee you in the pros saban would not be able to control mcclain like that, he is no longer under the college system and has freedom, money, to do what he likes. Another thing you forget to mention, at alabama he doesnt have the millions yet so ofcourse he is going to keep himself clean, he had millions waiting on him in the nfl and he knew he just had to keep his head clean a few years in college to get to it.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,898
    vCash:
    2749
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    The only reason saban controlled mcclain is because in college you dont have the freedom and money you have in the pros. Its not because saban was some great dictator your thinking, its the system, the dicispline it requires to be in that system. I can guarantee you in the pros saban would not be able to control mcclain like that, he is no longer under the college system and has freedom, money, to do what he likes. Another thing you forget to mention, at alabama he doesnt have the millions yet so ofcourse he is going to keep himself clean, he had millions waiting on him in the nfl and he knew he just had to keep his head clean a few years in college to get to it.

    Don't take this the wrong way because I'm sure you're a nice kid... you have no idea what you're talking about. None.

    McClain was a troubled youngster long before he stepped on campus at Alabama. There's thousands of kids who only had to keep themselves clean and out of trouble for a few years to cash in on the NFL and couldn't do it for a variety of reasons.

    Nowhere did I insinuate that Saban was require to be a dictator in order to reach McClain....don't assume you know what I'm thinking. I've known Rolando and had dealings with his family through the court system and football field since he was 12 years old.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Daunte Culpepper vs. Nick Saban
    By OSUDauby in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 05:44 PM
  2. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 08:47 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 09:32 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 07:59 AM
  5. What Does Nick Saban Hiring Mean For Dolphins?
    By Boone in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •