Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keep your Eye on Armon Binns

1. -21
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Since Thigpen became the third best returner in the NFL and Bess took on a huge roll in our offense and became a play his team can always depend on.
    I strongly disagree. Both are solid yet unspectacular. It's not like these guys are anywhere near the level that Wake is.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know he was penciled in as the starter in Cincy opposite of AJ Green, but he fell out and they started playing the younger WRs more. I would love to find a diamond in the rough, and have our #2 WR to pair with who ever we draft/sign to be our #1. We can dream cant we? Maybe a fresh start is what he was missing? HOPEFULLY!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kid has a nice body and did some good work in college. Maybe we can spark him. Next year WR corps:

1) Allen (1st Round WR pick)
    2) Bowe
    3) Hartline
    4) Binns or (or a 2nd or 3rd Round WR pick)
    5) Bess
    6) Matthews or Thigpen

You like?

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's so great, why on earth did 2 teams let him go?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Long Time Reader...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good point!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bengals fans said the same thing this year and he never worked out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    I agree. There has been some decent talent here that was unexpected.

However, in light of that, there's no way we can possibly expect Binns to have any kind of expectations. He's obviously a player with some sort of limitations. Maybe he does have talent, but hasn't found a way to put it together. Some players bounce around a few organizations before either being developed properly or simply getting it.

Maybe Binns can be one of those players. Though, if I were a betting man, I wouldn't count on it. Receiver 100% still needs to be one of the main focuses, if not the main focus of this offseason.
    Once upon a time, the PITTSBURGH STEELERS were the "doormats" of the NFL. (This is 1955) All they had was an aging FULLBACK (FBs used to run the ball in the NFL) named JOHN HENRY JOHNSON. They drafted a QB in the 6th Round, and cut him preseason. WEEB EWBANK, then HC of the BALTIMORE COLTS, saw him playing "semi-pro" ball, and signed him up. Years later, he, JOHNNY UNITAS, is in the HOF.

Don't knock "acorns". Sometimes, an acorn becomes an Oak tree...just ask some older STEELERS fans. You just NEVER KNOW.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just a little blown away by the attitude and yet you think some kid in college is going to just tear it up right away.

Draft Allen? As if he were going to be any more ahead of the curve than this kid? He already has played this year. Its a numbers game were they go with another position heading into the playoffs. They released him with the thought they would bring him right back.

Apparently, Jeff Ireland watches the wire like Belechick does. Not saying he is better, just saying he stays plugged in. I have been a finfan since 1971. I have seen some pretty crappy GM's in miami history. Ireland is not one of them. I know that may be a bit hard to handle since he really pissed some people off with the prosititute but it is what it is.....

Any WR we draft will take time to develope. No one in this draft will take over day one. Just hope you all understand that. High hopes for any WR on your dream list will not solve our problems. Only your fantasy. Did any round one WR have big impact this year?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Kid has a nice body and did some good work in college. Maybe we can spark him. Next year WR corps:

1) Allen (1st Round WR pick)
    2) Bowe
    3) Hartline
    4) Binns or (or a 2nd or 3rd Round WR pick)
    5) Bess
    6) Matthews or Thigpen

You like?
    Allen won't be better than bowe in his rookie season he isn't some andre j/calvin type of a prospect. ​ How the hell is binns better than bess?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    just a little blown away by the attitude and yet you think some kid in college is going to just tear it up right away.

Draft Allen? As if he were going to be any more ahead of the curve than this kid? He already has played this year. Its a numbers game were they go with another position heading into the playoffs. They released him with the thought they would bring him right back.

Apparently, Jeff Ireland watches the wire like Belechick does. Not saying he is better, just saying he stays plugged in. I have been a finfan since 1971. I have seen some pretty crappy GM's in miami history. Ireland is not one of them. I know that may be a bit hard to handle since he really pissed some people off with the prosititute but it is what it is.....

Any WR we draft will take time to develope. No one in this draft will take over day one. Just hope you all understand that. High hopes for any WR on your dream list will not solve our problems. Only your fantasy. Did any round one WR have big impact this year?
    This lol at expecting allen to be on bowe level in his first year, lol at expecting a rookie to a true number 1 in the first place.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    I strongly disagree. Both are solid yet unspectacular. It's not like these guys are anywhere near the level that Wake is.
    so please tell us in this draft who would be spectacular?
    Quote Quote