Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trent Dilfer

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trent Dilfer

Did anybody catch Trent Dilfer rip "Sparano's Offense" and play calling skills in the post games coverage on ESPN. It was classic. I still can't beleive he was our coach.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what I always found funny is when Tony was hired by New York everybody (well not Miami people) said it was a great hire because Tony was a great OC. He was never officially ever an offensive coordinator. The only year he ever called plays was in 2006, Bill Parcells last year, and he had heavy input from Todd Haley who was the passing game coordinator.

I think people also thought he was a genius because they still remembered the 2008 smoke and mirrors offense that won 11 games.

Now before this year, I would've said Tony did a good job scripting the beginning of the game, even at our worst our offenses looked ok during the first 20 plays (which are scripted) but he can't adjust during a game to save his life. His idea of adjusting here was to go back to the Wildcat.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember telling Junc in August that buttfumble would regress under Sparano and that Tebow would start over a healthy buttfumble at some point this year. I still might make it 2 for 2...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trent Dilfer

The definition of Sparano is when buttfumble completed 2 very nice passes in row last night, yes believe it orbit it did happen, he turned to Tebow and the Wildcat on the next play. Sound familiar?
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone find a link to the video? Didn't catch this after the game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    The definition of Sparano is when buttfumble completed 2 very nice passes in row last night, yes believe it orbit it did happen, he turned to Tebow and the Wildcat on the next play. Sound familiar?
    I think Mike Tirico made mention of that when he said something like "you have a hot QB in buttfumble....and in comes Tebow" to which Gruden replied "I just don't know what the Jets are trying to do on offense". It was comical when you're looking at this from the outside...it was infuriating when he was here and we had to put up with it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sparano did not even know what the Wildcat was until it was explained to him, yet he is supposed to be the "master" of it now.

I've never seen Tebow used so poorly, their formations with him look like bad Pee Wee football.

Even Sparano has to know that there is tape of Tebow playing with Denver and with the Gators. Running real formations that have a good chance to make yards. Instead, they bulked Tebow from 235 to 250 and they have him playing...uh....running back?

I consider this a "lost" year for Tebow. And I'm 100% sure that Sparano will be blamed for this season much like Shotty was for last season.

ANYONE but Ryan is going to take the blame for this mess of a season (which I'm loving btway)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Tebow isnt a pro bowl QB but in the right circumstances he can be effective, much more so than buttfumble this season. Baffling that they went out of their way to sign him and wont even give him snaps under these circumstances Shocking coaching from meatball.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MEatball is the classic case of a guy promoted beyond his level of competency
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We didnt need Dilfer to tell us how Sparano is a below average OC...
    Quote Quote