Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Butch Jones: Patterson Def. Going to NFL

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Butch Jones: Patterson Def. Going to NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ro...ing-to-the-nfl

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I think Patterson will end up being the #1 receiver off of the board when it is over. Should be interesting to watch how in goes down.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could definitely see that happening. He would be a reach in the top 15, but I think it could happen. Miami is one team that has to be interested.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His shiftiness and short area burst for a man his size is kind of freakish. It will serve him well getting off the press at the line and with YAC. Very good prospect IMO. I'd have to say he is under serious consideration for the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Initially I thought Patterson was just a nice player. But with all this hoopla going on, I dug deeper into his scouting. I read more reports, and reviewed more tape and realized I may have been wrong. If we're picking outside the top 10, I would absolutely endorse a Cordarelle Patterson selection. For someone his size, he moves almsot as fluid as a small, shift WR. He displays solid hands. He just makes plays, he's a gamer in every sense. I can see Patterson as an upgraded version of Jacoby Jones. IMO, he has the best vision of all the WR's in the draft in the open field. With this offense lacking natural ability, and Tannehill improving I think on the otherhand it would be irresponsible NOT to draft an offensive weapon for Tannehill.

Tannehill himself even thought the front offense wont admit it was a bit of a reach where he was selected. Chances are if we pick someone on the offensive side of the ball not named Warmack/Cooper/Lewan(you get the point), their going to be a bit of a reach. But I have faith within Philbin's hands, trusted with Tannehills projection of progression we'd make the most out of the talent we'd get.

.....Plus we saw first hand the consequences of ignoring key skill positions for your young QB this past Monday night.

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kiper has him rated as the 11th best player (if he declares) on the board.....And he also sees him in the top 5 overall next year if he were to stay in school.

Let me say this now to all of us who feel that this particular draft may be a bit lackluster:

Once the combine gets rolling and the players get sliced/diced, then the heat goes up a notch. Talent will emerge, game tapes re-examined, and the hype will skyrocket - as it always does.
    QB's will march up the board, and the top 20 picks will explode with talent.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care about hype, I care about talent. I like Patterson but Like Keenan Allen more. Either would be a welcome addition. Stedman Bailey and/or Ryan Swope would be another WR I would be after.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I don't care about hype, I care about talent. I like Patterson but Like Keenan Allen more. Either would be a welcome addition. Stedman Bailey and/or Ryan Swope would be another WR I would be after.
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For some reason I'm interested in a combo of Deandre Hopkins and Ryan Swope. Hopkins brings speed and big plays and Swope is just a good player who already knows Tannehill and the offense. Both players have decent size, at least 6' and 200+ pounds. Might not be the sexy picks, but if you could add these 2 with someone like Dwayne Bowe in free agency I would be happy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is HARD to not imagine the big play ability of Patterson in a MIA uniform with RT throwing him the ball, but we can fill more holes and perhaps help Tannehill MORE by bringing in a solid vet to help him. I dont see a rookie receiver in this class that would come in and be able to help him as much as a G. Jennings would be. This would also help out another position by giving us that rd 1 pick to use somewhere else.

Give me the top pass rusher available at our rd 1 pick, Damontre Moore/Werner/Jordan, etc.
    Someone like Hopkins/Darick Rogers/ Robert Woods may be available in rd 2.
    Also, WRS like Bailey or Austin from WVU would look good in a mia uniform. Swope could very well be a 3rd round pick bringing 1st round value to a team like ours given his rapport with Tannehill and SHerman
    Last edited by state06; 12-20-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Quote