Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate these Qb's please?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rate these Qb's please?

Please place these first and second year quarterbacks in order best to worse, first based on where they are now and second where you see them in 4 years.

Newton, Dalton, Ponder, Kappernick, Locker, Gabbert, Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Wilson, Foles.

Based on right now I would go:
    Luck, RGIII, Dalton, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Ponder, Foles, Locker, and Gabbert

I'm not sure based on where I see them in 4 years. I think Tannehill has as much potential as Dalton, Wilson, Newton or Kaepernick, especially if you surround them with equal talent.

Of this group you might get 3 or 4 elite level qb's.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Too early for a lot of this kind of analysis for me, but I definitely know Gabbert and Locker are nothing special.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    Please place these first and second year quarterbacks in order best to worse, first based on where they are now and second where you see them in 4 years.

Newton, Dalton, Ponder, Kappernick, Locker, Gabbert, Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Wilson, Foles.

Luck, RGIII, Dalton, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Ponder, Foles, Locker, and Gabbert

I'm not sure based on where I see them in 4 years. I think Tannehill has as much potential as Dalton, Wilson, Newton or Kaepernick, especially if you surround them with equal talent.

I would go RGIII, Wilson and then Luck. Other than that I agree. I love watching Wilson play. He's like a point guard the way he runs that offense.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    IMO, this year's class (RGIII, Luck, Tanny, Wilson) is already better than last year's (Ponder, Gabber, Locker)

And it's not even close.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right now -

Newton, Dalton, Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Wilson, Foles, Ponder, Locker, Gabbert

Four years from now -

1. Tannehill, 2. Luck, 3. Newton, 4. Wilson, 5. Dalton, 6. Kaepernick 7. RGIII, 8. Ponder, 9. Foles, 10. Locker, 11. Gabbert
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right now

RGIII, Wilson, Luck, Dalton, Newton, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Ponder, Foles, Locker, Gabbert

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

HOMERISM

Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post

now ... Luck, rg3, Newton, Dalton, Tannehill, Wilson, Kaepernick, Locker, Foles, Ponder, Gabbert

4 yrs ... Luck, Tannehill, rg3, Dalton, Newton, Wilson, Kaepernick, Locker .... Rest out the league
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These qbs rock...sucks for the jets hugh.lol
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    in 4 years it will be all about luck and tannehill...most those other guys are flashes in the pan
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as for rating them locker gabbert and foles aren't gonna do squat...gabbert and locker if i'm the gm of those teams i'm looking for a new qb as soon as possible...foles throws into coverage too much to ever be consistent kaepernick is a product of that offense and that running game and defense for that matter and can't read coverage...wilson might be the long term 3rd best qb of the group...daltons gonna be a guy that you never get over the hump with...rg3's shelf life gets shorter every time he takes a hit and it's not gonna change that kid is gonna miss a lot of games til his eggs are scrambled and he's done...ponders upside is average

only ones that i would really believe in over the long haul is luck and tannehill...maybe wilson if i had to pick a 3rd...maybe
    Quote Quote