Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If your'e Ross..

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I am ross I need to think about what makes me the most money. Attendance is big but its not what makes the most money. Its the Dolphins brand that makes me money. I need to do everything in my power to make sure people are excited about the dolphins.

1st we look at the very real possibility that Miami does not get another superbowl with its current stadium. how much money is ross willing to put into it to fix it up? is the city willing to put money into a new stadium (not likely after the marlins deal). a new stadium is a pretty good way to put buts in seats for 1 year but you need to hold them there.

2nd i need a winning product. I told Ireland to get me a QB, now he needs to gat me an exciting receiver in the draft and fa. I also tell him not to even look at OL or DL in the Draft. I want sexy picks. I want people not to say, oh look another 1.

3rd I make sure I'm back on hard knocks. it got people talking

4.????

5. Profit...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    From a business perspective, you have to keep Ireland because the team is currently trending upward. I know many will point to a losing record, but I'll point to a franchise QB and an great salary cap situation, along with additional draft picks.

If I were Ross, I would have tried to negotiate a deal for a new stadium, rather than supplement a ****ty stadium with a half-assed water park idea.
    I just don't see the voters/taxpayers in Miami footing the bill for a new football stadium after the way the Marlins sold/gave away most of their top players after this past season....right after the Marlins built a new stadium downtown. It would be sweet to have a stadium like the kind Jerry Jones has in Dallas, but Ross is going to have to pay for most of it himself, and with the attendance problems in Miami I cannot see that happening for a while.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What makes Ross money is to have the football team win!!! and IMO this cant be done with a moron steering the personnel moves.. BUT... the real question should be... Is Ross smart enough to see what a chitty GM Ireland is..? The obvious answer is NO!!

My biggest fear is Ross is going to move the team and blame the fans for not supporting the team.. Instead of supporting the fans by building a winning team..
    Mr Ross.. you failed us!!!

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I just don't see the voters/taxpayers in Miami footing the bill for a new football stadium after the way the Marlins sold/gave away most of their top players after this past season....right after the Marlins built a new stadium downtown. It would be sweet to have a stadium like the kind Jerry Jones has in Dallas, but Ross is going to have to pay for most of it himself, and with the attendance problems in Miami I cannot see that happening for a while.
    the difference is in the NFL you have to pay out 90% of your cap ...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From a business perspective, you have to keep Ireland because the team is currently trending upward. I know many will point to a losing record, but I'll point to a franchise QB and an great salary cap situation, along with additional draft picks.

If I were Ross, I would have tried to negotiate a deal for a new stadium, rather than supplement a ****ty stadium with a half-assed water park idea.
    And this "franchise quarterback" that we've found, has he been playing at a superstar level? Is he gonna be named an all-pro at season's end? And yeah, keeping Ireland, who the fans have absolutely no trust in, makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Losing is what sells.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    And this "franchise quarterback" that we've found, has he been playing at a superstar level? Is he gonna be named an all-pro at season's end? And yeah, keeping Ireland, who the fans have absolutely no trust in, makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Losing is what sells.
    So you are saying we dont have a franchise QB? are you suggesting that we should have passed on Tannehill? You think drafting a QB was a bad move?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Its definitely an unlikey move, but these things usually take years, and he needs to stir up stadium talk years before they broker a deal in order to sway popular opinion. Also, the new revenue sharing system etablished last year by the NFL allocates money towards franchises vying for new stadiums. Its yet to be used yet, but its worth exploring imo.
    Last edited by Zounds; 12-18-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross should look at our starting lineups. Defensive front seven (arguably our best unit) - Ireland/Parcells only drafted 2 / 7 of them. Secondary - Ireland/Parcells drafted all 4... and we desperately need significant upgrades. Receivers - again, very weak unit and Ireland/Parcells drafted them. OL is not so bad, but realistically, we need another decent OT. I see way too many holes and areas needing upgrades where we should have drafted better players.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd look for a sharp articulate charismatic guy as the face and voice of the franchise. It certainly can be a general manager. The combination of a disastrous stadium in a worse location, and an awkward unlikeable buffoon at general manager who shies from fan and media contact, is a guaranteed slow leak on the franchise.

We could go 0-16 for 5 consecutive years and I wouldn't care, if it meant an intimidating well-designed venue in the heart of a great city. That alone would do more for the Miami area for 30-50 years than any draft picks or coaching hires. The stadium monopolizes 1-10 in the list of our biggest problems.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you are saying we dont have a franchise QB? are you suggesting that we should have passed on Tannehill? You think drafting a QB was a bad move?
    I'm saying we don't know for sure if we have one yet.
    Quote Quote