Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jennings does not want franchise tag in GB, looks to be gone

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Jennings does not want franchise tag in GB, looks to be gone

Jennings is the best man for the Dolphins he would be great for Tannehills development on and off the field. However I am starting to doubt that we make any big free agency moves.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's not getting tagged...someone will trump any offer they make...no less than $8 mil per does he ink for...

mike wallace i tell ya what that's got to be the most explosive wr in football...i watched him against the cowboys just run by guys like they were standing still...i bet watching that guy from the coaches box and all 22 people are just wowed by how fast that guy is...it's filthy...he goes 60 yards in a nanosecond...pittsburghs got to keep that speed...i know one thing though that speed is exactly what this offense needs in miami...a true vertical threat that can make the safeties stay deep and teams not sit on things...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see Jennings in Miami....I dont see too many teams out there that look as appealing as Miami does(clear cut no. 1,could put up big numbers in this system) that could offer the kind of numbers Miami can offer him. The familiarity factor aswell.....I think the chances Greg ends up here is fairly decent.

Inspired by no other than Ben Violin
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see Jennings in Miami....I dont see too many teams out there that look as appealing as Miami does(clear cut no. 1,could put up big numbers in this system) that could offer the kind of numbers Miami can offer him. The familiarity factor aswell.....I think the chances Greg ends up here is fairly decent.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    He is so banged up. I like that he is big Philbin guy though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we'll see how jennings looks the rest of the way this year...should be able to gauge what he's got left better by the end of the postseason....
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    we'll see how jennings looks the rest of the way this year...should be able to gauge what he's got left better by the end of the postseason....
    Hoops I'm interested to hear what you take is on what we should do with the WR position this offseason. If Jennings is healthy for some reason I just favor him over Wallace. Maybe it's how Wallace complained that he wasn't offered enough $ or that he recently has begun dropping balls left and right but I just don't think his mind frame fits what Philbin wants in his players. We don't even have to talke about Bowe as I'm sure that is a no as well.

My question is, do you think we should go the route of signing a FA WR and drafting one or just trying to fill the void through the draft. If we do the later I would be very worried about picking a player who doesn't have the mental capacity upstairs to pick up what many consider a tough offense to understand. Whereas if we sign a player like Jennings he could instantly help from day 1. In a perfect world for me we would sign Jennings and then draft a player like Baily or Swope or even both.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd go as far as signing a WR and drafting 2 next off season. Brian Hartline may not be back and Bess is a free agent after the end of next year, so it'd be a good idea to start the process now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Go get Jennings and draft wide receivers early.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote