Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

http://bit.ly/12nGOgN

Finally a group that "gets it". More guns = less crime, ALWAYS!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny how convenient it suddenly is to have government involved. Who is going to pay for all the guns to arm school employees and who is going to pay for their practices and gun licenses? Government?

Here is a gun legislation: tax the living crap out of guns. If you have more than a simple revolver for self defense I throw in a $1000/year (per weapon) gun license fee.
    That solves several problems: you contribute to the federal budget (increased revenue), you pay for luxury and unnecessary items, you still have the 2nd amendment protected, and you probably have less of those "oh look at the cool semi-automatic assault rifle I have. I may have a small d**** but I got a big a**weapon".

EDIT: FH - check the profanity filter. I edited my post. It let a couple words through.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They cant even agree on a tax for millionaires in this country.

Talk about a pipe dream. And who's going to pay for the people that collect and manage the tax revenues?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    So the 70 year old history teacher who has arthritis in her knees is going to bust a cap in a terrorist with an assault rifle? I mean I'd love to see that happen but that can't be a good thing.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    They cant even agree on a tax for millionaires in this country.

Talk about a pipe dream. And who's going to pay for the people that collect and manage the tax revenues?
    That was my point. My ridiculous idea is as ridiculous as forcing school employees to carry guns. What if the entire staff of a school is against it? Government going to force guns on school property? Are we making a salary difference between gun carrying teachers and non-gun carrying teachers like in the security industry?
    And what guarantee do we have that a teacher is actually pulling the trigger? And what is a teacher or school employee going to do if he or she faces the gun toting person from behind? Shoot him/her in the back?

Besides the cost of such legislation there are many more intangible involved then a gun restricting legislature without touching the 2nd amendment.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I agree. Have multiple guns in every school full of angsty teenagers. I cant even fathom how that could go wrong.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    That was my point. My ridiculous idea is as ridiculous as forcing school employees to carry guns. What if the entire staff of a school is against it? Government going to force guns on school property? Are we making a salary difference between gun carrying teachers and non-gun carrying teachers like in the security industry?
    And what guarantee do we have that a teacher is actually pulling the trigger? And what is a teacher or school employee going to do if he or she faces the gun toting person from behind? Shoot him/her in the back?

Besides the cost of such legislation there are many more intangible involved then a gun restricting legislature without touching the 2nd amendment.
    Can someone with no combat training even pull the trigger? Would you trust the 45 year old mother of 2 to be able to draw a gun and accurately shoot someone who barges into a classroom with their gun drawn already? These are things that douchemunchers don't ever think about. It's all "DAT DUR TEECHR NEEDZ SUM GUNZ" and never rational and critical thought. South Carolina, and the OP, should be embarrassed with themselves...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But why stop there? Let's arm the students, too. Does "school employees" count the Lunch Lady? 'Cause she should definitely be able to have a Glock 9 under her hair net and a silencer stuffed up her *****. And just to be safe, let's give the squirrels miniaturized tactical nukes.

Safest school EVER!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Are we going to have teachers running out with guns drawn shooting in the air whenever theres a school yard fight? Because that would be awesome.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Funny how convenient it suddenly is to have government involved. Who is going to pay for all the guns to arm school employees and who is going to pay for their practices and gun licenses? Government?

Here is a gun legislation: tax the living crap out of guns. If you have more than a simple revolver for self defense I throw in a $1000/year (per weapon) gun license fee.
    That solves several problems: you contribute to the federal budget (increased revenue), you pay for luxury and unnecessary items, you still have the 2nd amendment protected, and you probably have less of those "oh look at the cool semi-automatic assault rifle I have. I may have a small d**** but I got a big a**weapon".

EDIT: FH - check the profanity filter. I edited my post. It let a couple words through.
    That's not what the article said.

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- A new bill introduced Tuesday in the South Carolina House of Representatives aims to arm public school employees on campuses throughout the state.

Republican Rep. Phillip D. Lowe (District 60) wants to amend the code by adding a section "to provide a public school employee who has a concealed weapons permit may possess a firearm on the premises of his employer."
    So, essentially, you'd already have to have a concealed carry permit. Not sure how it works in S. Carolina, but here in WV it means you have to have taken training in firearms safety before being issued the permit.

For the record - I'd carry.

Not kidding.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote