Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

1. -11
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    So, essentially, you'd already have to have a concealed carry permit. Not sure how it works in S. Carolina, but here in WV it means you have to have taken training in firearms safety before being issued the permit.

For the record - I'd carry.

Not kidding.
    They'd have to have every teacher carry otherwise what's the point? If one teacher in an entire school had a concealed weapon but was on the other side of the building when an attack occurred, they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As soon as criminals begin paying taxes and licensing fees then jacking up taxes and fees on guns will be a good idea.

In the rare occurrence that there was a mass shooting at a school, one armed teacher would be better than zero armed teachers. However, every other day that gun would be trouble waiting to happen and would be just one more gun available to thugs who want it. I don't see an issue with the average elementary school students overpowering a teacher to get his/her gun, but a group of middle school or high school students could do it.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Funny how convenient it suddenly is to have government involved. Who is going to pay for all the guns to arm school employees and who is going to pay for their practices and gun licenses? Government?

Here is a gun legislation: tax the living crap out of guns. If you have more than a simple revolver for self defense I throw in a $1000/year (per weapon) gun license fee.
    That solves several problems: you contribute to the federal budget (increased revenue), you pay for luxury and unnecessary items, you still have the 2nd amendment protected, and you probably have less of those "oh look at the cool semi-automatic assault rifle I have. I may have a small d**** but I got a big a**weapon".

EDIT: FH - check the profanity filter. I edited my post. It let a couple words through.

except for the fact that the shooters family was well off. living in a big house and giving money away to people. taxing people isnt the solution. ban assualt weapons and dealing with people with mental health (im not smart enough to know what to do here), would be a start.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Honestly, as frigging sick as our world is becoming, I've begun seriously thinking about getting my concealed carry permit.

Now, there are ABSOLUTELY NO plans for this to happen in WV's schools. But, in light of last Friday's tragic event ... I've been thinking a lot about my school's lock down procedure. Should the unthinkable happen, & an armed assailant gains access to the building - the plan is to lock the doors, cover the windows, sit all the kids in the corner and be silent.

Ever try to keep 30 eighth graders quiet? Hell, they jump & squeal every time during the drills when the door gets jiggled to check if it's locked, and this is when they know we're going to have a drill. I can't fathom their response if it ever happened for real.

Basically, sit there with your dick in your hand & pray he doesn't just decide to shoot through the lock.

How am I supposed to protect my students in that scenario? Tell him if he doesn't leave I'll give him detention???

What would you like to wager that those teachers in Connecticut wished they were armed?

God forbid I'd ever find myself in that situation, but if I were - it'd be nice to be able to put the ****er down @ the doorway.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    except for the fact that the shooters family was well off. living in a big house and giving money away to people. taxing people isnt the solution. ban assualt weapons and dealing with people with mental health (im not smart enough to know what to do here), would be a start.
    Uhummmm.
    It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    That was my point. My ridiculous idea is as ridiculous as forcing school employees to carry guns. What if the entire staff of a school is against it? Government going to force guns on school property? Are we making a salary difference between gun carrying teachers and non-gun carrying teachers like in the security industry?
    And what guarantee do we have that a teacher is actually pulling the trigger? And what is a teacher or school employee going to do if he or she faces the gun toting person from behind? Shoot him/her in the back?

Besides the cost of such legislation there are many more intangible involved then a gun restricting legislature without touching the 2nd amendment.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    "America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership."

- Barack Obama
    Just to be fair. If you want to bash Obama or make him sound ridiculous you should put "2006" (when the remark was made) behind your quote.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not a fan of this. I think we should have trained officers in every school guarding our kids. End the war on drugs and use those resources to pay for it. Make it so the next time this happens (and it will even with an AWB because let's not forget Columbine and many of the worst school shooting happened during the last AWB.) someone will be there ready to put a bullet in these cowards.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Honestly, as frigging sick as our world is becoming, I've begun seriously thinking about getting my concealed carry permit.

Now, there are ABSOLUTELY NO plans for this to happen in WV's schools. But, in light of last Friday's tragic event ... I've been thinking a lot about my school's lock down procedure. Should the unthinkable happen, & an armed assailant gains access to the building - the plan is to lock the doors, cover the windows, sit all the kids in the corner and be silent.

Ever try to keep 30 eighth graders quiet? Hell, they jump & squeal every time during the drills when the door gets jiggled to check if it's locked, and this is when they know we're going to have a drill. I can't fathom their response if it ever happened for real.

Basically, sit there with your dick in your hand & pray he doesn't just decide to shoot through the lock.

How am I supposed to protect my students in that scenario? Tell him if he doesn't leave I'll give him detention???

What would you like to wager that those teachers in Connecticut wished they were armed?

God forbid I'd ever find myself in that situation, but if I were - it'd be nice to be able to put the ****er down @ the doorway.
    In the event that scenario happens, absolutely youre better off with a gun in the room. But Id guess the odds of that happening are lower than the odds of an incident happening that involved the gun that was supposedly there for protection.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Not a fan of this. I think we should have trained officers in every school guarding our kids. End the war on drugs and use those resources to pay for it. Make it so the next time this happens (and it will even with an AWB because let's not forget Columbine and many of the worst school shooting happened during the last AWB.) someone will be there ready to put a bullet in these cowards.
    We have a trained officer in our school. This past week he's been nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. On Tuesday he told me point blank with a steely gaze, "It feels weird being the first target. I just hope if it happens here, I can get three in him before he gets me."

Feels pretty ****ed up to think I might not be able to do anything to protect "my kids" in the event of a catastrophe like Connecticut when I easily could have been equipped to do so.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    We have a trained officer in our school. This past week he's been nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. On Tuesday he told me point blank with a steely gaze, "It feels weird being the first target. I just hope if it happens here, I can get three in him before he gets me."

Feels pretty ****ed up to think I might not be able to do anything to protect "my kids" in the event of a catastrophe like Connecticut when I easily could have been equipped to do so.
    Then have 2 officers there all the time. My reaction to all of this was that our kids aren't properly protected. Me personally I would rather have police or even properly trained private sercurity doing this job. If local or state school boards decide to let teachers and employess do it then that's their right. I would make sure they got proper firearms training to do so. But I think we have plenty of cops or even retired police or military that would love to have this job.
    Quote Quote