Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

1. -91
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Im still here trying to fathom a situation where I ended up in a gun battle against an M-4 or AR15 at home. I just cant. Maybe if I were dealing blow out my garage or something that could happen, but even then...
    The comparison is what a REAL assault weapon is as oppose to a semi-automatic rifle. There's a BIG difference. Semi-auto rifles are the best weapon for home defense period. If you want a real assault weapon then the military is always hiring.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im still here trying to fathom a situation where I ended up in a gun battle against an M-4 or AR15 at home. I just cant. Maybe if I were dealing blow out my garage or something that could happen, but even then...
    Some people are just so ****ing terrified of the outside world they think it's about to crash right on top of them. We all know the type... always willing to rant on and on about the minute details of the latest liquor store robbery as they sit on their porch listening to their police scanner. They check their wallets as they walk. They believe any conspiracy theory offered them, no matter how ridiculous. They scoff at anyone who doesn't stock up on bottled water and canned goods.

People like that deserve your pity, as do their doctors and friends. All it is is a grown up version of being scared of the bogeyman.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would want to to have an semi-automatic to handle any home invasion situation, not just ones where the people coming in with those weapons listed. M-4 is for military use only and is illegal under current laws.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm pretty sure the sound of my .30-06 would scare off any would be burglars if I needed to fire it. I hunt with that gun, own it legally and it would certainly do the job if needed. Quality over quantity I always say. I don't need a ridiculous rifle clearly designed to be used in the taking of human life and nothing else just because the TV says gangs are robbing houses as a group, all armed to the teeth.

As far as arming teachers or hiring cops to stand guard: I'd hate for a period like this right after a tragedy where nervous, untrained teachers or vigilante cops see a kid holding a stick, pretending it's a gun and feel the need to lay him out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064538541]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post

Where in the amendment does it say you have to have semi's. You can have muskets. There, you still have a right to your gun.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

6. -96

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Even in that case, youll just have two Mexican hit men show up at your home with machetes. Proving my point IMO.

Quote Quote  

8. -98

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting....aside from the Secret Service protection Obamas kids get, it looks like the school they go to employs 11 armed guards independent of the Secret Service, and theyre looking to hire one more....
    http://burstupdates.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/

So......we were saying about having guns at schools? Hmmmmmmmmm?
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even in that case, youll just have two Mexican hit men show up at your home with machetes. Proving my point IMO.
    What would a non gun owner do there? Call the cops and hide in a closet?
    Quote Quote  

10. -100

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Beats

Quote Quote