Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

1. -21
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm also seriously considering getting my CCP. Problem is, my pistol is a tad big because of the magazine capacity so that makes concealability somewhat of a problem. Now I'm a college student and we have armed campus cops there at all hours, but our campus is also a "gun free zone" which of course means that nobody will ever bring a gun into the building ever.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    So, the same people that don't want to pay teachers, don't want them to be part of a union, and generally disrespect the profession now want to arm them. Probably want them to pay for their own weapons and ammo too. Instead of seeking further education to make sure they're educated on the most current knowledge, they now need to train at the range.

Sounds like dat der is a idear comes from some feller edumacated at dat type ah skool.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Can anyone just be able to shoot a gun even after training? Will teacher applications in the future require one to be able to shoot a gun?

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Then have 2 officers there all the time. My reaction to all of this was that our kids aren't properly protected. Me personally I would rather have police or even properly trained private sercurity doing this job. If local or state school boards decide to let teachers and employess do it then that's their right. I would make sure they got proper firearms training to do so. But I think we have plenty of cops or even retired police or military that would love to have this job.
    Lets get a frigging army battalion while we're at for each school. Yeah, I'm sure teachers have the perfect mindset for handling weapons. Do you realize how totally ****ing insane you sound to anyone living outside the US. Armed teachers in kindergarden. This country is going completely nuts.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Lets get a frigging army battalion while we're at for each school. Yeah, I'm sure teachers have the perfect mindset for handling weapons. Do you realize how totally ****ing insane you sound to anyone living outside the US. Armed teachers in kindergarden. This country is going completely nuts.
    Can I drive the tank?
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Can anyone just be able to shoot a gun even after training?
    Pretty much. It's not rocket science. Although, I would definately recommend as much practice time as you can get in order to become proficient. Just like any other acquired skill, practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Will teacher applications in the future require one to be able to shoot a gun?
    No-one is suggesting that teachers would be forced to carry. It's being proposed as an option for those in SC.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    I'm insane because I want cops guarding our kids???

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Sad that the money that most countries invest in educating their kids would instead be used just to ensure basic safety. And the one thing Sandy Hook needed was more bullets flying around, especially being fired from untrained or minimally-trained, frightened elementary school teachers. Hey, if they ran out of ammo, Lanza had plenty to spare.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So, the same people that don't want to pay teachers, don't want them to be part of a union, and generally disrespect the profession now want to arm them. Probably want them to pay for their own weapons and ammo too. Instead of seeking further education to make sure they're educated on the most current knowledge, they now need to train at the range.

Sounds like dat der is a idear comes from some feller edumacated at dat type ah skool.
    Such a childish remark. So because I believe that public employees shouldn't be able to unionize to take more of the taxpayers money. Because I believe my children should have the best teachers, not because they have tenure. That somehow means that I hate the profession.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Such a childish remark. So because I believe that public employees shouldn't be able to unionize to take more of the taxpayers money. Because I believe my children should have the best teachers, not because they have tenure. That somehow means that I hate the profession.
    Did I say you jared? Surely you want good teachers rewarded and paid well. I was referring to those that turn up in every thread about teachers that say they are overpaid and ridicule the profession. Happens every time. There absolutely is a general disrespect for teachers in this country. So, let's arm them. Make sure to take the cost of the gun, ammo, and training out of their paychecks though!
    Quote Quote