Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

1. -51
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    A regulation banning semis, automatics, high capacity magazines. Some proper regulations regarding gun licenses. Regular psychiatric testing, every 5 years depending on when how quick major mental illnesses can develop. Locke can comment on that more than me. Those would have been a nice start.
    Would you also advocate people above, say the age of 55 or 60, be required to take a driving test every 5 years? I'd assume more people are injured in car accidents than are to automatic rifles.

I'ts not that I don't think some of those could be good ideas, I'm just trying to assess more of your philosophy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A regulation banning semis, automatics, high capacity magazines. Some proper regulations regarding gun licenses. Regular psychiatric testing, every 5 years depending on when how quick major mental illnesses can develop. Locke can comment on that more than me. Those would have been a nice start.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

You can drive it off the tallest bridge you can find.
    Banning all semis???? Good luck with that. Might as well ban the sun. You really think this douchebag couldn't commit this vile act with revolvers and shotguns??? Or having multiple ammo clips?? Just trumped that regulation. You guys just have this habit of ignoring the facts that the worst school shootings happened during an AWB like Columbine. And revolvers or low capacity ammo clips will still kill a lot of people regardless especially with determined crazy muderers with a plan ie. VT shooter. I'm all for better background checks and identifiying people that shouldn't have guns. And having trained police guarding our kids. Nothing insane about that.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Would you also advocate people above, say the age of 55 or 60, be required to take a driving test every 5 years? I'd assume more people are injured in car accidents than are to automatic rifles.

I'ts not that I don't think some of those could be good ideas, I'm just trying to assess more of your philosophy.
    Having lived in southern Florida for a number of years, and experiencing seniors driving habits that might not be a bad idea.

However, I come from a European background and the way of looking at gun control is polar opposites when viewed from each continents perspective. Europeans, in general, do not believe individuals need guns. While I think rifles and shotguns are ok for hunting I do not think semis etc. should be held by individuals. So basically, from my viewpoint, semis etc are not needed. Cars on the other hand are a necessary evil, especially given the way America lays out her cities and the general poor state of public transport

While cars are dangerous I believe technology will lead to automated driving,especially for seniors within the next 20 years. While technology may also help with fun control, fingerprint recognition before they operate I have a feeling the pro gun lobby would be against that.

Regarding my previous post ideas, they are something I threw out there for debate. Testing every 5 years is something Locke could comment on since it seems to be part of his field of study.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Banning all semis???? Good luck with that. Might as well ban the sun. You really think this douchebag couldn't commit this vile act with revolvers and shotguns??? Or having multiple ammo clips?? Just trumped that regulation. You guys just have this habit of ignoring the facts that the worst school shootings happened during an AWB like Columbine. And revolvers or low capacity ammo clips will still kill a lot of people regardless especially with determined crazy muderers with a plan ie. VT shooter. I'm all for better background checks and identifiying people that shouldn't have guns. And having trained police guarding our kids. Nothing insane about that.
    Do I really have to explain that using shotguns, it would take much longer to kill that amount of people, hence giving time for the authorities to take him out. There you go again, all or nothing. If it resulted in saving one life it would have been worth it.
    Last edited by irish fin fan; 12-20-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo

God damn there are some really stupid people in this country.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    You can drive it off the tallest bridge you can find.
    Can I drive it up your ass instead?

2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Can I drive it up your ass instead?

Can you come up with something a bit more original?
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do I really have to explain that using shotguns, it would take much longer to kill that amount of people, hence giving time for the authorities to take him out. There you go again, all or nothing. If it resulted in saving one life it would have been worth it.
    Depends on the shotgun and what rounds you use. Plus you keep ignoring that revolvers can be just as deadly too. Your way won't save any lives. The last AWB already proved that. The reason why these douchebags kill so much is because they have the time to do it. The moment someone with a gun shows up they kill themselves or surrender every time.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    If churches become for-profit corporations then they shall be taxed. Just because a church is a religious company does not mean they would break the separation between state and church. They would be handled just like any other religious for-profit organization.
    You can't do it, anymore than you can post the ten commandments in courthouses or have prayer in school....Churches and government are mutually exclusive.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote