Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

  1. -61
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064537063]A regulation banning semis, automatics, high capacity magazines. Some proper regulations regarding gun licenses. Regular psychiatric testing, every 5 years depending on when how quick major mental illnesses can develop. Locke can comment on that more than me. Those would have been a nice start.[COLOR="Silver"]



    So, can we start having IQ tests at polling places to keep idiots from voting? If you're gonna infringe on a right, go all in man. Locke will tell you, there are some people the tests wont catch, who will you blame then?


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,767
    vCash:
    4636
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Regarding my previous post ideas, they are something I threw out there for debate. Testing every 5 years is something Locke could comment on since it seems to be part of his field of study.
    This should be happening regardless of purchasing guns. Someone with a diagnosed mental illness has a check-up every 6 months at the very least, usually every 3 months. The ever-changing nature of most of these illnesses pretty much requires it. I don't know if it's feasible to do this with every single gun owner without it being paid for via insurance. A huge number of gun owners wouldn't be able to afford it. What needs to happen is there needs to be a registry for people with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and having one of these illnesses NEEDS to disqualify you from legally owning a gun...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1203
    Thanks / No Thanks

    South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

    [QUOTE=MoFinz;1064537450]
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    A regulation banning semis, automatics, high capacity magazines. Some proper regulations regarding gun licenses. Regular psychiatric testing, every 5 years depending on when how quick major mental illnesses can develop. Locke can comment on that more than me. Those would have been a nice start.[COLOR="Silver"]



    So, can we start having IQ tests at polling places to keep idiots from voting? If you're gonna infringe on a right, go all in man. Locke will tell you, there are some people the tests wont catch, who will you blame then?
    Lets add getting rid of world hunger and nuclear weapons into this as well. Never mind solving one issue at a time. Lets add everything at once to guarantee that nothing will get done.

    ---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This should be happening regardless of purchasing guns. Someone with a diagnosed mental illness has a check-up every 6 months at the very least, usually every 3 months. The ever-changing nature of most of these illnesses pretty much requires it. I don't know if it's feasible to do this with every single gun owner without it being paid for via insurance. A huge number of gun owners wouldn't be able to afford it. What needs to happen is there needs to be a registry for people with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and having one of these illnesses NEEDS to disqualify you from legally owning a gun...
    If they cant afford it then they can't have guns. What a shame.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064537599]
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post

    Lets add getting rid of world hunger and nuclear weapons into this as well. Never mind solving one issue at a time. Lets add everything at once to guarantee that nothing will get done.

    ---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------



    If they cant afford it then they can't have guns. What a shame.
    Wow.....you really dont understand analogy do you? Or sarcasm? If you cant get the first thing done (whatever muddled thought of a gun ban you profess), what makes you think anything else is going to get done? You wishing something is never going to make it so. I encourage you to try and get your answers implemented. Maybe the sheer futility will make you understand that what you and a bunch more are doing is sitting in a tree crowing.

    Also, tell me this.....if whatever you're proposing in the way or a firearm ban were to pass and become law, what are you going to do the next time a mass murder occurs, slam in the face of your new law?

    Same thing you're doing now.....nothing

    "If they cant afford it then they can't have Health Insurance. What a shame
    an Abortion
    a Retirement
    a Home
    a Education



    There, i fixed it for you....insert whichever answer suits your political leaning
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,076
    vCash:
    6807
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This should be happening regardless of purchasing guns. Someone with a diagnosed mental illness has a check-up every 6 months at the very least, usually every 3 months. The ever-changing nature of most of these illnesses pretty much requires it. I don't know if it's feasible to do this with every single gun owner without it being paid for via insurance. A huge number of gun owners wouldn't be able to afford it. What needs to happen is there needs to be a registry for people with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and having one of these illnesses NEEDS to disqualify you from legally owning a gun...
    I'm cool with that. Have it to where people who get diagnosed with these illnesses get put on the FBI background list for anyone buying guns. At the same time I wonder if that would violate privacy and doctor/patient laws?? I would also add some misdemeanor crimes like domestic violence and simple assault charges too. Especially people with restraining orders. Basically if you've committed any crime that involves violence you lose your right to a gun until you've otherwise proven yourself fit for society.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064537599]
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    If they cant afford it then they can't have guns. What a shame.
    That would be just splendid in the ideal world where criminals legally bought and legally possessed the guns they use.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1203
    Thanks / No Thanks

    South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

    [QUOTE=MoFinz;1064537610]
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post

    Wow.....you really dont understand analogy do you? Or sarcasm? If you cant get the first thing done (whatever muddled thought of a gun ban you profess), what makes you think anything else is going to get done? You wishing something is never going to make it so. I encourage you to try and get your answers implemented. Maybe the sheer futility will make you understand that what you and a bunch more are doing is sitting in a tree crowing.

    Also, tell me this.....if whatever you're proposing in the way or a firearm ban were to pass and become law, what are you going to do the next time a mass murder occurs, slam in the face of your new law?

    Same thing you're doing now.....nothing

    "If they cant afford it then they can't have Health Insurance. What a shame
    an Abortion
    a Retirement
    a Home
    a Education



    There, i fixed it for you....insert whichever answer suits your political leaning
    How many times do I have to say it before it gets in those thick headed posters, it is intended to reduce the incidents, it will never remove them entirely. Do I have to start off every posts stating the same thing just because posters can't recall anything longer than 2 pages of posts?

    Then we go comparing a right to an education, health insurance as if they were one and the same as gun ownership. Quite pathetic but not unexpected.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1203
    Thanks / No Thanks

    South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This should be happening regardless of purchasing guns. Someone with a diagnosed mental illness has a check-up every 6 months at the very least, usually every 3 months. The ever-changing nature of most of these illnesses pretty much requires it. I don't know if it's feasible to do this with every single gun owner without it being paid for via insurance. A huge number of gun owners wouldn't be able to afford it. What needs to happen is there needs to be a registry for people with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and having one of these illnesses NEEDS to disqualify you from legally owning a gun...
    From what I understand no background checks are carried out in private purchases or gun shows. Why, what was the reason these type of sales were left out?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,076
    vCash:
    6807
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064537990]
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post

    How many times do I have to say it before it gets in those thick headed posters, it is intended to reduce the incidents, it will never remove them entirely. Do I have to start off every posts stating the same thing just because posters can't recall anything longer than 2 pages of posts?

    Then we go comparing a right to an education, health insurance as if they were one and the same as gun ownership. Quite pathetic but not unexpected.


    So when someone with an AK shows up to my home. Just what the hell do you think my government approved 22 revolver will do????

    Unless I'm Billy the Kid or Doc Holiday I don't stand a chance.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,824
    vCash:
    1470
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    My sister is a principal that already have one armed officer...called a SRO, School Resource Officer. Although she's continually requested another because her SRO spends 'half' the time off campus at court, social services, etc. She states the SRO is much more than a badge with a gun, if she didn't have her SRO she'd need to get a second Vice Principal or whatever other staff needed.
    Last edited by Eshlemon; 12-22-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. South Carolina School Says Flag Shirt Represents Gang Affiliation
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 06:20 PM
  2. South Carolina Passes Nullification Bill To Make Obamacare A Crime
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 10:20 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
  5. South Carolina Fin
    By Artillery in forum Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •