Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

1. -71
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    So when someone with an AK shows up to my home. Just what the hell do you think my government approved 22 revolver will do????

Unless I'm Billy the Kid or Doc Holiday I don't stand a chance.
    The chances of someone showing up your home with an AK, assuming you arent a drug dealer, are probably less than you winning the lottery.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The chances of someone showing up your home with an AK, assuming you arent a drug dealer, are probably less than you winning the lottery.
    The chances are much bigger than that. An assault weapons ban would only take away these weapons from law-abiding citizens while giving criminals the one-up on guns to potential victims. I would rather have the ability to defend my family and home with the best guns available against criminals who won't follow any gun laws and will still have and use these weapons no matter what. A defense rifle levels out the playing field.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

[QUOTE=Dolphins9954;1064538000]
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post

So when someone with an AK shows up to my home. Just what the hell do you think my government approved 22 revolver will do????

Unless I'm Billy the Kid or Doc Holiday I don't stand a chance.
    Did you ever of a little thing called an arms race? Hell the next thing the criminals will be armed with heavy machine guns. Lets get some claymore mines deployed on the garden parameter in case anyone trespasses.

Go and look and what happened in England after the hand gun ban, it impacted both criminals and law abiding citizens.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just a point of order: Assault Rifles are not legal... assault rifles are by definition select-fire. Semi automatic rifles with a folding/telescoping stock are referred to as "Assault Weapons" in american politics.
    Last edited by spydertl79; 12-22-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064538127]

Did you ever of a little thing called an arms race? Hell the next thing the criminals will be armed with heavy machine guns. Lets get some claymore mines deployed on the garden parameter in case anyone trespasses.

Go and look and what happened in England after the hand gun ban, it impacted both criminals and law abiding citizens.

Yeah because an arms race happened when the last AWB expired right????

We're not England. If you want a country that has no guns and police cameras watching your every move then by all means move over there. They even have high taxes too. Perfect country for you.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Just a point of order: Assault Rifles are not legal... assault rifles are by definition select-fire. Semi automatic rifles with a folding/telescoping stock are referred to as "Assault Weapons" in american politics.
    Take a Bushmaster or an AR-15 to a gunbattle against a standard issue military M4. And you will find out real soon who has the far superior weapon.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont agree with this. There are many crazy school teachers out there that i dont want armed.Those molesters and accused of rape, imagine some of those people with guns. I rather have at least 1 trained police officer at the school. No harm in that
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

South Carolina House of Representatives Start Bill to Arm School Employees

[QUOTE=Dolphins9954;1064538299]
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post

Yeah because an arms race happened when the last AWB expired right????

We're not England. If you want a country that has no guns and police cameras watching your every move then by all means move over there. They even have high taxes too. Perfect country for you.
    Yeah, why bother learning anything from other counties when we can go killing innocent kids here. As usual deflecting from the issue, talking about taxes and cameras, when it should be about gun control. Typical looney NRA talk.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064538377]

Yeah, why bother learning anything from other counties when we can go killing innocent kids here. As usual deflecting from the issue, talking about taxes and cameras, when it should be about gun control. Typical looney NRA talk.
    We have a 2nd amendment here no matter what. Killing innocent kids??? Give your boy Obama that speech.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    The chances are much bigger than that. An assault weapons ban would only take away these weapons from law-abiding citizens while giving criminals the one-up on guns to potential victims. I would rather have the ability to defend my family and home with the best guns available against criminals who won't follow any gun laws and will still have and use these weapons no matter what. A defense rifle levels out the playing field.
    You know, Ive thought more and more about this argument lately and youre right.

Criminals simply arent going to follow laws. Therefore, gun laws are pointless. If the criminals want guns, whats stopping them? Laws? The threat of prison? GET REAL!

So no laws on guns is clearly the way to go.

Since this is obviously sound logic, what follows is that we should do away with a lot of other laws. After all, why have laws? Criminals dont follow them.

SO..............

Enough with laws on stealing things. I mean, laws arent going to keep criminals from stealing my money. Get rid of the laws so that I can steal theirs first.

Drunk driving laws..... GONE. People are going to drive drunk. Get rid of the laws so that I can do it too and that way I may kill them or myself before some drunk driver does it.
    Quote Quote