Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Te'o this year, Clowney next year???

1. -11
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I already know we wont be around when clowney is selected but I would trade up for him. I would give up alot for him! The kid is a BEAST!
    Your talking a RGIII type trade. We will proably end up with a mid to late round pick next year (hoping for playoffs), probably require three first rounders to move up for Clowney.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    teo's not gonna be a dolphin...miami has bigger needs than mike backer right now and ones that can validate that top pick more than a luxury mike backer with dansby signed for the next 3 years...plus you cut dansby for a move like this at this point of his contract you are gonna eat a ton of cap money
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    teo's not gonna be a dolphin...miami has bigger needs than mike backer right now and ones that can validate that top pick more than a luxury mike backer with dansby signed for the next 3 years...plus you cut dansby for a move like this at this point of his contract you are gonna eat a ton of cap money
    I would not cut Dansby if we drafted Te'o. I would move him to OLB! He is a pretty good pass rusher
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the starting lb core is not the problem with this defense...the lack of depth at lb is a problem...the jags made it their business to run right at trusnick sunday and in the first half he was awful defending it...even blew a tackle a yard in the backfiel on a 4th down short yardage play where he should have stopped it for no gain...he did finally make a tackle on 4th down though and short in the secon half though...

so it wasn't a total disaster i guess...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While Te'o is good, you do realize there are other good players in the draft. This draft is not about one player.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I would not cut Dansby if we drafted Te'o. I would move him to OLB! He is a pretty good pass rusher
    Thing is Coyle hasn't really used our LBs to blitz or rush the passer. They drop back in coverage on passing downs more often than not. Why do you think our Safeties haven't been targeted much in the passing game? A pass rushing LB is probably not a target for this defense. Coyle prefers the front 4 get pressure so a pass rushing DE or DT is more likely. Te'o did show this year that he's pretty good in coverage though but I doubt we would take him even if he did drop to us.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Thing is Coyle hasn't really used our LBs to blitz or rush the passer. They drop back in coverage on passing downs more often than not. Why do you think our Safeties haven't been targeted much in the passing game? A pass rushing LB is probably not a target for this defense. Coyle prefers the front 4 get pressure so a pass rushing DE or DT is more likely. Te'o did show this year that he's pretty good in coverage though but I doubt we would take him even if he did drop to us.
    if a pass rushing dt is on the menu arizona states will sutton fits the cinci mold...kind of undersized like geno atkins...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    DJ Teknision

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Te'o this year, Clowney next year???

Te'o coverage skills are suspect and with today offense you need a LB that can stay on the field for 3 downs..if not teams would just spread you out. That's one of the reasons Ray Lewis drop the weight, so he would be. Able to stay on the field for 3 downs. If you saw him last year in the playoffs against NE, Welker was giving him fits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    http://djteknision.podOmatic.com
    NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PODCAST!!

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taysia View Post
    Te'o coverage skills are suspect and with today offense you need a LB that can stay on the field for 3 downs..if not teams would just spread you out. That's one of the reasons Ray Lewis drop the weight, so he would be. Able to stay on the field for 3 downs. If you saw him last year in the playoffs against NE, Welker was giving him fits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Te'o is actually real good in coverage. He is tight hipped but it doesn't show up in pass coverage! He is excellent and covering back out of the backfield and tight ends down the seam. He also has a nose for the football and can create turnovers which is a need for our defense.
    Quote Quote