Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of another player like Egnew?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Anyone know of another player like Egnew?

I have asked the question to a lot of my football friends and no one has an answer for me yet. Maybe you guys could help. Is there any current player that you know of who was drafted by an NFL team that sat out entire year for either "to be developed" or for "lack of knowing play book" that ever amounted to anything? This Egnew crap is getting old. I'm just wondering if he is kept around by Ireland to cover up another horrific early draft pick. Egnew looks great with his hat and T Shirt every week. Holy cow, Brandon Fields might get the start in place of Charles Clay instead of Egnew. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You mean, another one that sucks?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Philbin is an idiot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philbin is an idiot
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    This happens to hundreds of players. They may have a unique skill set or show a lot of promise but it turns out they are never good enough to see the field. Then fans get outraged when the coaching staff doesn't play them despite already knowing the player has no future. No one should be surprised if Egnew never sees the field for the Fins.
    Philbin is an idiot.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    This happens to hundreds of players. They may have a unique skill set or show a lot of promise but it turns out they are never good enough to see the field. Then fans get outraged when the coaching staff doesn't play them despite already knowing the player has no future. No one should be surprised if Egnew never sees the field for the Fins.
    Egnew on tape showed NOTHING that warranted a 3rd round grade.

NOTHING. I know a few draft "guru's on here loved him, i have no idea waht htey saw in a player that doesn't run routes more than 5 yards and weren't slants.

I thought he was horrible on film and as we all can see he isn't just horrible but hes ****ing dumb as ****. A 3rd rounder not making 1 game isn't pathetic, it isn't sad, it isn't his fault. Its the GM and coaches job for thinking that kid is a 3rd round talent when he had 5-6 written all over him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Egnew on tape showed NOTHING that warranted a 3rd round grade.

NOTHING. I know a few draft "guru's on here loved him, i have no idea waht htey saw in a player that doesn't run routes more than 5 yards and weren't slants.

I thought he was horrible on film and as we all can see he isn't just horrible but hes ****ing dumb as ****. A 3rd rounder not making 1 game isn't pathetic, it isn't sad, it isn't his fault. Its the GM and coaches job for thinking that kid is a 3rd round talent when he had 5-6 written all over him.
    Not just Dolphins fans, he was highly rated by pretty much all the draft experts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Not just Dolphins fans, he was highly rated by pretty much all the draft experts.

Indeed... he was high on a lot of boards being ranked from 3 - 7 overall. The Colts threw the wrench in the works taking both Fleener and Allen.

http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalTE.asp
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2012TE.php
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I think the draft "experts" fell in love with his measurables. I watched him and there was nothing I saw that impressed me about him, however, I do have confidence in this coaching staff in developing players and I do have hope they will get some kind of production out of him. If not, well, then he was a bust...but he won't be the first 3rd round bust and he won't be the last. Generally speaking about 30% of drafted players make a career out of the NFL the rest are pretty much gone within 5 years.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I think the draft "experts" fell in love with his measurables. I watched him and there was nothing I saw that impressed me about him, however, I do have confidence in this coaching staff in developing players and I do have hope they will get some kind of production out of him. If not, well, then he was a bust...but he won't be the first 3rd round bust and he won't be the last. Generally speaking about 30% of drafted players make a career out of the NFL the rest are pretty much gone within 5 years.
    Looking at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diclp2_25ys

I understand why people say he used like a WR though I can see why he was picked. If he can learn to block he could be pretty effective. Looking at the role he played in college I cant help but think the coaches probably knew he would take time when he was picked, so maybe he hasn't disappointed too much.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    And yet Finheaven still believes thats a better chance of acquiring talent via draft than signing a big name free agent or heaven forbid we trade a 2nd rounder for a talented player, finheaven flips **** when the thought of giving up these priceless 2nd and 3rd round picks. Even though we havent drafted a player worth a damn in the 2nd or 3rd round in forever, I think we miss like 90% of the time and they are gone within 5 years. But lets keep doing what we've been doing, drafting the pat white's and Daniel thomas in the 2nd round. Been working great for years, and yet Finheaven will refuse to give up a freaking 2nd round pick for a pro bowl player
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doesn't mean they are good at what they do.

Every draft expert had Gholston penned as an All Pro.
    Every draft expert said Long would never succeed as a LT in the NFL.
    Every draft expert had Davis as the next shut down corner.
    Every expert had Meachem rated as a top 2 WR in the draft.
    Every expert thought S Smith had the best hands in the draft.

Are we really going off these so called experts? I go off my eyes and how I have successfully evaluated talent, not how someone elses eyes evaluate talent.

Egnew was rated "HIGHLY" bcause he had a year where his numbers were very good but when you watch tape on those years, he never, EVER did something that made you say wow, hes a beast. Look at Hartline, his stats show #1 WR outside of TD but no team in the NFL would use him as a #2 let alone a #1.
    Quote Quote