Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of another player like Egnew?

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember at least one of Shula's 3rd round picks getting cut at the end of training camp he was from syracuse university a cb i cannot remember his name and the kid drafted in the 12th round in the same draft another cb made the team that year and played for us about 10 years his name was. J B Brown if you want to look it up..
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I remember at least one of Shula's 3rd round picks getting cut at the end of training camp he was from syracuse university a cb i cannot remember his name and the kid drafted in the 12th round in the same draft another cb made the team that year and played for us about 10 years his name was. J B Brown if you want to look it up..
    Ugh...I can't stand J.B. Brown...I called him toast...he was pure garbage, fit perfectly with Olividotti's garbage defense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another pick named Andrew Green I believe was picked in the 2nd round never saw the field and was cut at the end of his first year. He was a guard from Indiana and the first round pick from that draft who was a Tackle played just a portion of that year and was trades. This was Shula last draft. So yea I have seen quite a few worse phins drafts lots worse than Ireland's. Your either a youngster as a fan or grasping at straws with this post
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Egnew does have a specific skill set. He runs routes like a wide receiver and can split the zone. He came out of the draft as advertised, it was cautioned he was not a typical tight end having almost no locking experience. I understand some fans frustration but they are ignorant. The rest that paid attention on draft day knew he was probably a year-long project. True he may never pan out, that's true with almost everyone drafted. But understand it was a matter of strength (or lack of) and poor blocking technique that has been keeping him on the bench. It's up to him if he's able to battle through it and learn and adapt. But please don't crucify the poor kid for being exactly what was advertised. He always was a project that has incredible high-end if it's recognized. In short a gamble.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Egnew does have a specific skill set. He runs routes like a wide receiver and can split the zone. He came out of the draft as advertised, it was cautioned he was not a typical tight end having almost no locking experience. I understand some fans frustration but they are ignorant. The rest that paid attention on draft day knew he was probably a year-long project. True he may never pan out, that's true with almost everyone drafted. But understand it was a matter of strength (or lack of) and poor blocking technique that has been keeping him on the bench. It's up to him if he's able to battle through it and learn and adapt. But please don't crucify the poor kid for being exactly what was advertised. He always was a project that has incredible high-end if it's recognized. In short a gamble."

Indeed. He was a consolation prize after Fleener and Allen were gone and was taken as a project. He may yet prove his value and to be a great pick up in the next few seasons.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Another pick named Andrew Green I believe was picked in the 2nd round never saw the field and was cut at the end of his first year. He was a guard from Indiana and the first round pick from that draft who was a Tackle played just a portion of that year and was trades. This was Shula last draft. So yea I have seen quite a few worse phins drafts lots worse than Ireland's. Your either a youngster as a fan or grasping at straws with this post
    Must be related to Ireland....
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanerie View Post
    Must be related to Ireland....

Oh? I can name lots of drafts worst than anything JI has done. Just look at those from Wanny, Saban, Mueller, etc... Shula had some real duds as well. We could have had Aaron Rogers and instead Saban took Ronnie Brown and also drafted other SEC guys he coveted from his college coaching days.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    This happens to hundreds of players. They may have a unique skill set or show a lot of promise but it turns out they are never good enough to see the field. Then fans get outraged when the coaching staff doesn't play them despite already knowing the player has no future. No one should be surprised if Egnew never sees the field for the Fins.
    Egnew on tape showed NOTHING that warranted a 3rd round grade.

NOTHING. I know a few draft "guru's on here loved him, i have no idea waht htey saw in a player that doesn't run routes more than 5 yards and weren't slants.

I thought he was horrible on film and as we all can see he isn't just horrible but hes ****ing dumb as ****. A 3rd rounder not making 1 game isn't pathetic, it isn't sad, it isn't his fault. Its the GM and coaches job for thinking that kid is a 3rd round talent when he had 5-6 written all over him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Egnew on tape showed NOTHING that warranted a 3rd round grade.

NOTHING. I know a few draft "guru's on here loved him, i have no idea waht htey saw in a player that doesn't run routes more than 5 yards and weren't slants.

I thought he was horrible on film and as we all can see he isn't just horrible but hes ****ing dumb as ****. A 3rd rounder not making 1 game isn't pathetic, it isn't sad, it isn't his fault. Its the GM and coaches job for thinking that kid is a 3rd round talent when he had 5-6 written all over him.
    Not just Dolphins fans, he was highly rated by pretty much all the draft experts.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey how about that guard, DE and FB all rookie undrafted college free agents that Ireland picked for us this year. Think of the cap space Ireland saved us. Yea I don't mind you bashing Ireland as long as you do not nick pick.
    Quote Quote