Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of another player like Egnew?

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Not just Dolphins fans, he was highly rated by pretty much all the draft experts.

Indeed... he was high on a lot of boards being ranked from 3 - 7 overall. The Colts threw the wrench in the works taking both Fleener and Allen.

http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalTE.asp
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2012TE.php
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Ugh...I can't stand J.B. Brown...I called him toast...he was pure garbage, fit perfectly with Olividotti's garbage defense.
    Sure I remember the nick name but he played well enough to last and play for JJ
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Not just Dolphins fans, he was highly rated by pretty much all the draft experts.
    I think the draft "experts" fell in love with his measurables. I watched him and there was nothing I saw that impressed me about him, however, I do have confidence in this coaching staff in developing players and I do have hope they will get some kind of production out of him. If not, well, then he was a bust...but he won't be the first 3rd round bust and he won't be the last. Generally speaking about 30% of drafted players make a career out of the NFL the rest are pretty much gone within 5 years.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I think the draft "experts" fell in love with his measurables. I watched him and there was nothing I saw that impressed me about him, however, I do have confidence in this coaching staff in developing players and I do have hope they will get some kind of production out of him. If not, well, then he was a bust...but he won't be the first 3rd round bust and he won't be the last. Generally speaking about 30% of drafted players make a career out of the NFL the rest are pretty much gone within 5 years.
    Looking at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diclp2_25ys

I understand why people say he used like a WR though I can see why he was picked. If he can learn to block he could be pretty effective. Looking at the role he played in college I cant help but think the coaches probably knew he would take time when he was picked, so maybe he hasn't disappointed too much.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Another pick named Andrew Green I believe was picked in the 2nd round never saw the field and was cut at the end of his first year. He was a guard from Indiana and the first round pick from that draft who was a Tackle played just a portion of that year and was trades. This was Shula last draft. So yea I have seen quite a few worse phins drafts lots worse than IrBeland's. Your either a youngster as a fan or grasping at straws with this post
    Billy Milner was the T drafted in the 1st rd
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanerie View Post
    I have asked the question to a lot of my football friends and no one has an answer for me yet. Maybe you guys could help. Is there any current player that you know of who was drafted by an NFL team that sat out entire year for either "to be developed" or for "lack of knowing play book" that ever amounted to anything? This Egnew crap is getting old. I'm just wondering if he is kept around by Ireland to cover up another horrific early draft pick. Egnew looks great with his hat and T Shirt every week. Holy cow, Brandon Fields might get the start in place of Charles Clay instead of Egnew. Thanks!
    I may not be 100pct right on this but in '84 we took hot-shot LB Jackie Shipp in the first round to be our dominating Lawerence Taylor type guy. He didn't play much that year and rookie LBs taken later (Jay Brophy being one) saw more action. In fact, Shipp didn't play in the SB that year and we could have used his speed against Tyler and Craig mismatches all game long. Shipp eventually got on the field and might have put in 3 unimpressive seasons for us. Why is this relevant? The word on him was he was a physical specimen but lacked the mental capacity to play. Watching Eggnoodle on Hard Knocks I couldn't help but think "boy this guy looks like he has the intelligence of a squirrel.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Must be related to Ireland....

Troll much?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Phillip Rivers sat for 2 years, Aaron Rodgers sat for 4 years, Tom Brady sat for a year, Victor Cruz was on the Giants practice squad for a year, Malcolm Floyd was a practice squad player for the majority of his rookie season and played in just 4 games...there are a few more but I think that's good enough.
    Phillip rivers sat because of Drew Brees, Aaron rodgers sat for Favre. Victor Cruz was an undrafted free agent was as well.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have asked the question to a lot of my football friends and no one has an answer for me yet. Maybe you guys could help. Is there any current player that you know of who was drafted by an NFL team that sat out entire year for either "to be developed" or for "lack of knowing play book" that ever amounted to anything? This Egnew crap is getting old. I'm just wondering if he is kept around by Ireland to cover up another horrific early draft pick. Egnew looks great with his hat and T Shirt every week. Holy cow, Brandon Fields might get the start in place of Charles Clay instead of Egnew. Thanks!
    Joe Toledo...year after year
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You could compile a long list receivers that couldn't make it on the field their first year or two in the league. I think its becoming rarer these days with rookies at all positions being thrown out there whether they can play or not, but I can remember when noone thought Steve Smith would make it. Guys like Decker, Lance Moore, Steven Johnson, Miles Austin, Malcom Floyd needed time or a change of scenery or both before they broke out.

Of course there are a few hundred more that never made it....
    Quote Quote