Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of another player like Egnew?

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    egnew remionds me of other Ireland draft picks like Turner and Nalbone
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Not just Dolphins fans, he was highly rated by pretty much all the draft experts.
    Doesn't mean they are good at what they do.

Every draft expert had Gholston penned as an All Pro.
    Every draft expert said Long would never succeed as a LT in the NFL.
    Every draft expert had Davis as the next shut down corner.
    Every expert had Meachem rated as a top 2 WR in the draft.
    Every expert thought S Smith had the best hands in the draft.

Are we really going off these so called experts? I go off my eyes and how I have successfully evaluated talent, not how someone elses eyes evaluate talent.

Egnew was rated "HIGHLY" bcause he had a year where his numbers were very good but when you watch tape on those years, he never, EVER did something that made you say wow, hes a beast. Look at Hartline, his stats show #1 WR outside of TD but no team in the NFL would use him as a #2 let alone a #1.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joe Adams, 2012 taken with the 9th pick of the 4th round, 8 games played, 1 catch for 7 yards

2011 Draft 3rd round, Jerrel Jernigan NYG, 0 catches 0 yards in 2011, in 2012 2 catches for 15 yards, Yes they have Nicks and Cruz now, but Jernigan was drafted in the 3rd, Cruz was undrafted and beat out Jernigan so what does that say?

on that same team Ramses Barden drafted in 2009 in the 3rd round, in his rookie year, active 3 games, 1 catch for 16 yards, 2010 6 games active 5 catches for 64 yards, 2011 9 catches for 94 yards, he was there before Cruz as well and couldnt get playing time over him... only saw the field this year because Nicks was injured

regardless of the situation for each team, could you imagine the ridicule of those 3rd round picks on the Dolphins?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In that video, did you see him run any ROUTES outside of a bubble, screen, or a 4 yard slant? I haven't seen him run any 20 yard routes, i haven't seen him catch long balls, I haven't seen him run 30 yards up the seam and create stuff. He shows NOTHING but screens, bubbles and 4 yard slants. He plays the Welker role except Welker turns a 5 yard slant into a 25 yard play.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Looking at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diclp2_25ys

I understand why people say he used like a WR though I can see why he was picked. If he can learn to block he could be pretty effective. Looking at the role he played in college I cant help but think the coaches probably knew he would take time when he was picked, so maybe he hasn't disappointed too much.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Phillip Rivers sat for 2 years, Aaron Rodgers sat for 4 years, Tom Brady sat for a year, Victor Cruz was on the Giants practice squad for a year, Malcolm Floyd was a practice squad player for the majority of his rookie season and played in just 4 games...there are a few more but I think that's good enough.
    WHO DID RODGERS HAVE IN FRONT OF HIM...Who did rivers have in front of him, even brady had one of the best qbs from the 90s in front of him...

If you are going to list QBs, positions that do get sat more often than any other, at least pick qbs that sat ehind BAD starters...

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1) Giants have succesfful drafted GREAT PLAYERS so they have the luxury to 1) take risks 2) there "busts" dont look as bad because they hit on so many players or hae so many good players. Miami doesn't have any room to be in taht position as they do. If I drafted players that are all pros year after year but had 2 busts no one would take notice but when your ENTIRE draft is bust year afteer year and you don't produce any all pros wtf room does one have to speak?

Barden to me had bust written from his long toe up to his longest strand of hair. He had no speed no accerlation no seperation. They have Cruz, they had Shockey, they have manning, they have the entire O LINE that is top 5 in the NFL, they have Tuck, they have CB Ross and Webster, they have TALENT, we have LONG. IN 5 years the house hold name that this ****ing baboon put on this roster is a LT drafted #1.

Cruz UDFA, Nicks 1st round pick, late 1st round atcually, Webster 2nd round, Ross 1st round, etc etc. Who does Miami have that anyone outside of finheaven knows of? Jake Long. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    Joe Adams, 2012 taken with the 9th pick of the 4th round, 8 games played, 1 catch for 7 yards

2011 Draft 3rd round, Jerrel Jernigan NYG, 0 catches 0 yards in 2011, in 2012 2 catches for 15 yards, Yes they have Nicks and Cruz now, but Jernigan was drafted in the 3rd, Cruz was undrafted and beat out Jernigan so what does that say?

on that same team Ramses Barden drafted in 2009 in the 3rd round, in his rookie year, active 3 games, 1 catch for 16 yards, 2010 6 games active 5 catches for 64 yards, 2011 9 catches for 94 yards, he was there before Cruz as well and couldnt get playing time over him... only saw the field this year because Nicks was injured

regardless of the situation for each team, could you imagine the ridicule of those 3rd round picks on the Dolphins?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Happens all the time!
    Still banging and laughing
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are a lot of players who dont see the field the first year and turn out to be productive and even great players. Im too disappointed that we didnt get to see much of him this year. But this does not mean the end of him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Billy Milner was the T drafted in the 1st rd
    Worst first round pick EVER. My buddy and I were watching that draft and when Milner was picked we both were like, "who????"
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    Worst first round pick EVER. My buddy and I were watching that draft and when Milner was picked we both were like, "who????"
    Pat white worst seconnd round pick ever. After one year out of NFL
    Quote Quote