So everyone likes to talk about why Ireland should be fired and why he should be kept.
Lets make it simple..a list of Risk vs. Reward in keeping him for 1 year.
1) In 5 years he hasn't drafted more than 1-2 Pro Bowl players.
2) He hasn't found more than 3 players that deserve a contract outside of their rookie contract.
3) he has gone 0-9 in this FA
4) He has wasted money on players like Wilson, Incognito, Carey, Grove, Marshall (CB), Green, etc.
5) He hasn't found any WR in 5 years.
6) He uses UDFA to find a number 1 and 2 WR for his team.
7) He hasn't improved the roster at all this year.
8) RT17 was Phils and Shermans call not his.
9) He was about ot pay Orton 9 mill a year until Ross said he isn't af ranchise QB i won't pay that much money for him.
10) He trades back and players to accumulate picks and in turn drafts busts.
11) Drafts the likes of White, Turner, Davis, Odrik, Misi, Nailborne, Gates, Egnew, Thomas, Jerry etc over players that have performed on TAPE.
12) He can potentially waste 5 picks in the first 3 rounds if given another chance to continue what he has done repeatedly, which is draft busts.
13) He can waste 40 mill in cap space.
14) He can guarantee he gets fired next year if he continues evaluating the way he does becaue we will definitely have al osing record next year especially with the teams we are about to play.
15) He continues to ruin the face of htis franchise
16) Players continue to speak badly of him, organization takes hits continuously even with retired players speaking out.
1) Guarantees he gets fired if he stays
2) I can't think of 1 positve in keeping him as opposed to firing him because even if we get a new guy, can he honestly be worse than Ireland? Ireland has NOT hit on any FA or draft picks so whats the difference?
3) Reward would be hiring someone knew and hoping he does better as opposed to Irelands 5 year track record of failing.