Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remind me again whot the obstructionists are....

1. -1
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Remind me again whot the obstructionists are....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...ome-christmas/

Let me get this straight. McDonalds is going to be open Christmas day to take care of business and serve the people, but Harry Reid and the Dems will not take care of the peoples business they've been ignoring all year?

Yeah....GOP is working to make themselves look good, The Dems are taking off in the face of a looming fiscal crisis, and we the people, who put these arrogant bastards in there, are only concerned who is MORE to blame....when its blatantly obvious BOTH parties are to blame.

Hey Congress, speaking for me and me alone.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Disagree with you Mo. Senators or not, everyone should get to spend Christimas with their families. Things tend to get done with a looming deadline, anyways. Missing this day is only giving the media less stuff to write about...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Disagree with you Mo. Senators or not, everyone should get to spend Christimas with their families. Things tend to get done with a looming deadline, anyways. Missing this day is only giving the media less stuff to write about...
    I agree with you about the sentiment of Xmas....but these guys have not earned a Xmas break, they're taking off Fom tomorrow till next Thursday. Like i said, if it's important enough to make McD's peeps and Video Store peeps work, how come the Hell is it not right for these A-holes to take care of what theyve dismissed all year.

I stand by my post
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I agree with you about the sentiment of Xmas....but these guys have not earned a Xmas break, they're taking off Fom tomorrow till next Thursday. Like i said, if it's important enough to make McD's peeps and Video Store peeps work, how come the Hell is it not right for these A-holes to take care of what theyve dismissed all year.

I stand by my post
    This is going to get done on the last, or next-to-last, day of the year, regardless of whether they work Christmas day or not...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, but isn't the symbolism important too?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., has seen a lot in his 24 years in the U.S. Senate, but the outgoing senator says he has never seen Congress more divided or less productive.

"We are exactly where our first president George Washington warned us not to go, where members of Congress would put the interest of their party or political faction, as Washington described it, higher than the interest of our country," says Lieberman.

"If you look at the record it's either the interest of the party or a rigid adherence to an ideological position that says I will only take 100 percent of what I want on this piece of legislation or I won't vote for it," adds the senator. "When you ask for 100 percent in a democracy where compromise is necessary, the whole country ends up with zero percent."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-pl...121304055.html

But wait! Federal employees have the balls to actually spend time with family members during a federal holiday! This logical fallacy attempt has got to be funnier then when you blamed Pelosi for having the audacity to take a day off to go to the funeral of a friend.

Republicans have(mostly) agreed to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire for the wealthy. That was overwhelmingly the obstruction in reaching a deal. Now that it seems to be solved this thing will get hammered out. Democrats will do what democrats have done for years: hide behind Obama. Obama and Boehner have been the one driving the negotiations forward and they will continue to do so.
    Good for Republicans for staying over the holidays. Admittedly, they probably have alot to catch up on after taking that 5 day break at the beginning of the month. Because, you know, thats exactly the same as taking a few days off to spend time with loved ones while celebrating the birth of ones religious savior.

Heres my questions: does it still count as working if all your doing is filibustering proposals(sometimes the ones they propose) or ignoring/blocking key legislation? And does that meet your requirement for leadership(!!!!!!!!)?
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In a stinging setback for Republican House Speaker John Boehner, a lack of support from inside his own party for his “fiscal cliff” fall-back plan forced him late Thursday to cancel a much-trumpeted vote on the measure.

“The House did not take up the tax measure today because it did not have sufficient support from our members to pass,” Boehner said in a written statement released after an emergency meeting of House Republicans.

The measure, dubbed “Plan B,” would have let Bush-era tax cuts expire on income above $1 million annually, while extending them for everyone else. It appeared that Boehner faced a rebellion from conservatives opposed to any tax hike, while House Democrats starved the bill of their support, making passage impossible.

Boehner’s dramatic defeat cast fresh doubt on efforts to avert the “fiscal cliff” and spare Americans across-the-board income tax hikes come Jan. 1. Those increases, coupled with deep automatic spending cuts scheduled to take effect the same day, could plunge the fragile economy into a new recession. Talks between the speaker and President Barack Obama were at a stalemate, according to aides on both sides.

After the cancellation of the vote, Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor announced on Twitter the House "has concluded legislative business for the week. The House will return after the Christmas holiday when needed."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/h...-politics.html

Damn you democrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this thread took a amusing turn. Granted: we are screwed. But amusing thread.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    looking less and less likely a deal will get done before the jan 1st deadline. even if there was a deal, it prob would not be a good deal and it would just be pushing all the important issues off to a further date, so we wouldnt really solve anything.

the only way we may get some type of deal sooner than later is a big market sell -off globally, bc trust me, Washington will act if the markets collapse big time. looks like tomorrow we may get a big sell off, eventually if we get a few big drops, washington i believe will do whatever it can and try to end it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is this thread evidence that people think that most Congressional work is done in the actual building, in session?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is anyone really laughing at this? Seriously? Neither house has their **** in order...but hell, as long as we can blame someone, anyone, but keep our seat, Hell no problems here.

You Dems and Repubs keep on chuckling like the other side is embarrasing and imploding in front of everyones eyes. The fact is ALL of our reps are embarrasing and imploding in front of everyones eyes. Guess it just depends on what shade of rose your glasses are as to whom you choose to blame.

I can count on one hand the number of people that understand what i'm saying and the purpose of this thread. The rest just cluck like old wet hens because they feel like someone is "dissing" their party.
    Quote Quote