Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Tony Morono

1. -11
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    so you think he had all the tools necessary to succeed?
    We've been telliing you that Henne had the same obstacles you are now attributing to Sanchez and The Meatball over the last 2 seasons, including an imploding diva #1 receiver. Henne turned out not to be too great either - nor did Henning, but I stand by my assertion that Henne would have led the Jest to the same 2 post seasons that Taco did. Hell, in '09 we were also 7-7 and would also have beaten Curtis Scary Painter in game 15 - so there's that too.

"Don't take QB advice from the guy who wants to sleep with Mark Sanchez!"
    CooterHooterKnocker, Buffalo Range member, 10-4-2014

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post

We've been telliing you that Henne had the same obstacles you are now attributing to Sanchez and The Meatball over the last 2 seasons, including an imploding diva #1 receiver. Henne turned out not to be too great either - nor did Henning, but I stand by my assertion that Henne would have led the Jest to the same 2 post seasons that Taco did. Hell, in '09 we were also 7-7 and would also have beaten Curtis Scary Painter in game 15 - so there's that too.

at Miami's worst the past few years they had much more than kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland and Reuland.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Morano can't even get the play call in, has no idea how or when to use Tebow and Dilfer referred to him as the "genius offensive coordinator."

Color me surprised the troll doesn't see the issue of how bad Morano is. I hop like hell they bring that idiot back.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Morano can't even get the play call in, has no idea how or when to use Tebow and Dilfer referred to him as the "genius offensive coordinator."

Color me surprised the troll doesn't see the issue of how bad Morano is. I hop like hell they bring that idiot back.
    As much as we would love to see Tony back on the Jests sidelines next season, I think we all know his time in the NFL is coming to a close. He will be fortunate if he is in the league next season as an OL coach somewhere.

Ive never seen someone so incompetent running an offense. The countless times timeouts are wasted because of disorganization is astonishing.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    so you think he had all the tools necessary to succeed?
    I had no clue why they hired him as OC in the first place considering he didn't light the world on fire as coach in Miami. His conservative decision-making as a Dolphins HC gets him hired as the Jets OC? What was that?

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    at Miami's worst the past few years they had much more than kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland and Reuland.
    Ted Ginn Jr. Greg Camarillo. Derrius Thompson. Cleo Lemon, Samkon Gado, Randy McMichael, Chad Henne....
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hard to evaluate Tony when we have had so many injuries on offense. The main weapons in the pass game have been kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland & reuland. we have issues w/ the RBs as well and if the QB is as bad as you guys say then how can Tony be properly evaluated?
    Jeremy Kerley is the best receiver on either the Dolphins or the Jets. Hill was out there for 11 games but despite being a high 2nd round draft pick with mega talent they couldn't find a way to coach him up and get him to produce. Schilens is basically equivalent to Hartline. Perhaps a little worse, but not a lot. Cumberland is one of the better #2 tight ends in the game, imo. He's a more complete player than either Fasano or Clay.

It's sort of circular to say that Tony can't be evaluated because the players on the field aren't that good, isn't it? That would imply you have to wait until the players are playing well to evaluate him, in which case he would always look good. Hardly a useful evaluation tool. It's the coaches job to make these guys play better and use them to the best of their ability. The Dolphins offense has hardly been stellar this year but it's better than it was last year with most of the same players... because the coaches are using them better and they're playing better. What a concept!

The guys you list outside of Rueland were all expected to contribute this year. In fact, all you've really been missing on offense is Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller. Holmes is a very good to great player and Keller is a better than average tight end. Are you really saying they're the difference between a good offense and the utter **** the Jets are putting out there right now? Okay, then.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Jeremy Kerley is the best receiver on either the Dolphins or the Jets. Hill was out there for 11 games but despite being a high 2nd round draft pick with mega talent they couldn't find a way to coach him up and get him to produce. Schilens is basically equivalent to Hartline. Perhaps a little worse, but not a lot. Cumberland is one of the better #2 tight ends in the game, imo. He's a more complete player than either Fasano or Clay.

It's sort of circular to say that Tony can't be evaluated because the players on the field aren't that good, isn't it? That would imply you have to wait until the players are playing well to evaluate him, in which case he would always look good. Hardly a useful evaluation tool. It's the coaches job to make these guys play better and use them to the best of their ability. The Dolphins offense has hardly been stellar this year but it's better than it was last year with most of the same players... because the coaches are using them better and they're playing better. What a concept!

The guys you list outside of Rueland were all expected to contribute this year. In fact, all you've really been missing on offense is Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller. Holmes is a very good to great player and Keller is a better than average tight end. Are you really saying they're the difference between a good offense and the utter **** the Jets are putting out there right now? Okay, then.
    I don't know about that. I like Kerley, excellent slot guy but not a guy who is your best WR commanding double teams. If our WR corps was healthy he;d be the 3rd or 4th option in the pass game instead of 1st- that is a HUGE difference.

Schilens is not equivalent to Hartline.

Expected to contribute yes but not expected to carry the load like they have. I am hopeing we get Norv Turner but I still don't think it's fair to blame Tony.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know about that. I like Kerley, excellent slot guy but not a guy who is your best WR commanding double teams. If our WR corps was healthy he;d be the 3rd or 4th option in the pass game instead of 1st- that is a HUGE difference.

Schilens is not equivalent to Hartline.

Expected to contribute yes but not expected to carry the load like they have. I am hopeing we get Norv Turner but I still don't think it's fair to blame Tony.
    At the season's outset you were maintaining that Kerley was better than Bess - but now you're singing a different tune, eh? And yeah Hartline is better than Schillens but possibly that's because he's got a much superior QB finally making him better? Don't blame the jest receivers for the ineptitude of Sanchez. And we told you that Tony was unqualified to be an OC, that the success he had here was standing by in '08 and letting David Lee and Henning do their thing and that over 2/3rds of the Dallas's yardage when he was calling plays was generated through their receivers and Todd Haley's designed plays. Hell, we even told you that the supposed OL "guru" couldn't even get that right.

Oh preemptively, before you predictably point out that I said at one point that Tony was better than Rex, I was wrong, marginally wrong but wrong anyway... once Parcells wasn't there to call the plays into his headset it became obvious. Without teams taking knees, they both will have finished with 1 legit winning season in 4, and while Tony has a division championship, Rex has 2 legit postseason wins, so he gets the nod - but just barely. And I did say that Rex was in over his head, that Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing hiring a position coach over his DC and that Rex was on a Rich Kotite career trajectory from Philly to the NYJ - and the last several years have proven me right there too.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Rex is over his head as a HC which is the chairman of the board with a pulse on all 3 functions, a vision of the future, and control and containment of the clubhouse. If the jest could convince him to be someone more competent's DC, they'd be fortunate; Tony at this point, based on how he's ****ed up our OL, and gave Hunter his stamp of approval I doubt is even qualified to revert back to OL coach. I see OL coordinator at some division 3 school in the rural Montana or the Ozarks in his future. But of course we've told all this to our resident trolls from the get-go and were informed we didnt' know what we were talking about.
    I never in a million yrs thought he'd be an OC in the NFL this season after getting kicked to the curb in '11.

My guess was OL coach/running game co-ordinator for Pasqualoni (another Friend of Parcells) @ UConn.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote