Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Tony Morono

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    At the season's outset you were maintaining that Kerley was better than Bess - but now you're singing a different tune, eh? And yeah Hartline is better than Schillens but possibly that's because he's got a much superior QB finally making him better? Don't blame the jest receivers for the ineptitude of Sanchez. And we told you that Tony was unqualified to be an OC, that the success he had here was standing by in '08 and letting David Lee and Henning do their thing and that over 2/3rds of the Dallas's yardage when he was calling plays was generated through their receivers and Todd Haley's designed plays. Hell, we even told you that the supposed OL "guru" couldn't even get that right.

Oh preemptively, before you predictably point out that I said at one point that Tony was better than Rex, I was wrong, marginally wrong but wrong anyway... once Parcells wasn't there to call the plays into his headset it became obvious. Without teams taking knees, they both will have finished with 1 legit winning season in 4, and while Tony has a division championship, Rex has 2 legit postseason wins, so he gets the nod - but just barely. And I did say that Rex was in over his head, that Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing hiring a position coach over his DC and that Rex was on a Rich Kotite career trajectory from Philly to the NYJ - and the last several years have proven me right there too.

I don't believe I said kerley was better than bess, please find the post and Kerley is not a #1 WR and neither is Bess but kerley has been our #1 weapon all season long which has affected his #s. Kerley should be our 3rd or 4th weapon in the passs game not 1st but thanks to injuries he has been #1 most of the year.

Proven you right? the man has 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps. How in the world in that delusional little hea dof yours could you think you have possibly been proven right?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't believe I said kerley was better than bess, please find the post and Kerley is not a #1 WR and neither is Bess but kerley has been our #1 weapon all season long which has affected his #s. Kerley should be our 3rd or 4th weapon in the passs game not 1st but thanks to injuries he has been #1 most of the year.

Proven you right? the man has 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps. How in the world in that delusional little hea dof yours could you think you have possibly been proven right?
    It's funny you're using all the same excuses that you refused to acknowledge about Henne - who could have accomplished the same if not more than Sanchez as he's now proving with Jacksonville, making more due with less.

As far as Rex being in over his head, take off those homer glasses and consider:

7-7+2 meaningless games to playoff-bound teams after crapping the bed by losing to Atlanta at home and losing 6 out of 7
    11-5 legitimate post season but no divisional championship carrying his own div.
    8-8 including crapping the bed while still in contention finishing the season out 4-5 with a +5 scoring differential over that time span
    Possibly finishing 6-10 with 3 or 4 humiliating home blow-outs and possibly going 10-15 over the last 25 games.

Throw in several imploding clubhouses he was clueless about, guido coaches tripping gunners, sexual harrassment of foreign reporters, embarrassing foot sucking and wife pimping alternative lifestyle site postings, bird-flashing and F-bombing opposing fans, - not to mention a refusal to pull one of the worst QBs in the league, etc, and Ozzie Newsome knew what he was doing by risking losing a petulant but very good DC by going outside to hire a position coach instead of promoting him. The proof is in the pudding: Ozzie continues to go to the playoffs every year and now there are rumors circulating that the days are numbered of the bean counter who hired Rex. Like I said all along, there's an eerie similarity to Kotite's Philly - NYJ Head Coaching career trajectory. Both are moving towards crash and burn.

But if it helps you sleep at night deluding yourself that Rex isn't in over his head and is as qualified to be a HC as Lindsay Lohan is to star in the a biographic about the life of Aretha Franklin, knock yourself out!

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not using any excuses, I'm stating facts. When did henne ever have the healthy weapons Sanchez had this year?

Yep Rex is clearly in over his head, if only we had Joe Philbin. I wish we had a HC that has never been in a playof race vs. one that has the most playoff wins in the league since he became a HC.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I'm not using any excuses, I'm stating facts. When did henne ever have the healthy weapons Sanchez had this year?

Yep Rex is clearly in over his head, if only we had Joe Philbin. I wish we had a HC that has never been in a playof race vs. one that has the most playoff wins in the league since he became a HC.
    Rex has four playoff wins since he became a NFL head coach in 2009. So does Mike McCarthy, Tom Coughlin and Sean Payton. Except they have Lombardi trophys to show for it, what does Rex have?

I think it is pretty obvious, despite Rex's playoff wins over two years ago, that Miami is in better shape going forward than the Jets. From locker room stability, the quarterback situation, cap space, draft picks, etc. You have to at least agree with that.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

I know you make it seem like you believe the media never has any facts and that they make stuff up but if Rex Ryan is the best coach in existance, why is there a chance he can be let go along with his GM and OC? 9-7, 11-5, 8-8, 6-10/7-9. He'll either be 34-30 or 35-29 in four years. Seeing as how Philbin could either be 7-9 or 8-8 in his first year, it makes no sense to make it seem like he's nowhere in Rex Ryan's class.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hard to evaluate Tony when we have had so many injuries on offense. The main weapons in the pass game have been kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland & reuland. we have issues w/ the RBs as well and if the QB is as bad as you guys say then how can Tony be properly evaluated?
    We had four years of the mouth breather. We know what we're talking about.
    He sucks as a HC. He is an obviously ****ty OC. The man does not have the smarts to be an NFL assistant let alone a head coach.
    Much like Tebow, he is not cut out for the NFL.
    It would be funny if Buffalo hired him, given their penchant for hiring Miami's past failures.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I know you make it seem like you believe the media never has any facts and that they make stuff up but if Rex Ryan is the best coach in existance, why is there a chance he can be let go along with his GM and OC? 9-7, 11-5, 8-8, 6-10/7-9. He'll either be 34-30 or 35-29 in four years. Seeing as how Philbin could either be 7-9 or 8-8 in his first year, it makes no sense to make it seem like he's nowhere in Rex Ryan's class.
    I don't believe there is any chance Rex gets let go, I think there is a chance Tannenbaum is fired but that's mainly bc our owner listens to whiny fans and media.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hard to evaluate Tony when we have had so many injuries on offense. The main weapons in the pass game have been kerley, Schilens, gates, Cumberland & reuland. we have issues w/ the RBs as well and if the QB is as bad as you guys say then how can Tony be properly evaluated?
    Careful Junk, you are talking about one of the elite AFC teams there........

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    Careful Junk, you are talking about one of the elite AFC teams there........
    I never said we were elite in 2012, I said overall we were elite 2009-2011 w/ the most playoff wins in the AFC and tied for most in the league but 2011 individually was not elite and obviously 2012 wasn't. The elite days are in the past for now.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc needs to go to the Bills boards and shovel his **** there.
    Quote Quote