Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 129

Thread: NY Jets ready to get rid of Mark buttfumble, will explore trade...

  1. -11
    Vaark's Avatar
    Virgil Caine is the name

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,275
    vCash:
    12933
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't get why you guys like finishing behind us so much?
    Likewise I don't get why you brag about always coming up short and NEVER winning a Conference Championship?


    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,974
    vCash:
    1390
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What's it matter anyway? If the Dolphins finished this year with a better record you'd just say it was b/c the Jets have injuries. This bull**** will go on forever.
    Im sure thats what we will hear after the Chargers beat the Jests lead by Greg McElroy, then follow it up next week vs Buffalo with an effort you see from weak teams that have the suitcases packed and the plane tickets tucked inside.

    Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/


    and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.


    SHOCKER

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,974
    vCash:
    1390
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Likewise I don't get why you brag about always coming up short and NEVER winning a Conference Championship?
    I dont get why anyone would willingly be a Jests fan. There are 31 other teams. People are allowed to change. Other fans wont think poorly of jumping ship. There is a difference from bandwagon fans who root for different teams every 8 years or so and someone who cant tolerate being a Jests fan anymore. I think other fans would understand. At least non phins, pats, bills, and giants fans. Those 4 teams' fans would not welcome a Jests fan who has had enough.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Vaark's Avatar
    Virgil Caine is the name

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,275
    vCash:
    12933
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I dont get why anyone would willingly be a Jests fan. There are 31 other teams. People are allowed to change. Other fans wont think poorly of jumping ship. There is a difference from bandwagon fans who root for different teams every 8 years or so and someone who cant tolerate being a Jests fan anymore. I think other fans would understand. At least non phins, pats, bills, and giants fans. Those 4 teams' fans would not welcome a Jests fan who has had enough.
    I don't believe Jacksonville ever won a Conference Championship. But then again they've only been competing since 1995, not since the more competitive merger. Aside from them and the Jest, any idea whether there any other teams which have never won a single post merger Conference Championship?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    788
    vCash:
    1559
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I don't believe Jacksonville ever won a Conference Championship. But then again they've only been competing since 1995, not since the more competitive merger. Aside from them and the Jest, any idea whether there any other teams which have never won a single post merger Conference Championship?

    the only way this works is becasue you have to put in the "post merger" clause. you're trying too hard.....especially given that the fins haven't won a superbowl in just about as long as the jets.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2009
    Posts:
    788
    vCash:
    1559
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    I think he will as well, but it's by no means definite,

    Right now I don't think anyone would take on that contract, but some desperate team may do ... this years draft is hardly blessed with talent at the QB position. I don't think any of the QB's in the draft are worth a top 5 pick and there are at least 5 or 6 teams that should be looking to bring in a new guy. Out of interest who do you want the Jets to bring in to compete with buttfumble this pre season (be it via the draft or FA)?
    this on is difficult as i have no idea how our front office is going to go about creating cap room for us to do anything as of yet but alex smith would be on ename to consider. if ron mexico comes to the jets i will not root for them until he is gone
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Scotty P's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    397
    vCash:
    1897
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    LOL and I have a boat I want to sell you buit you have to pick it up off the coast of Italy.
    Classic!! Well said...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Vaark's Avatar
    Virgil Caine is the name

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,275
    vCash:
    12933
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsattack View Post
    the only way this works is becasue you have to put in the "post merger" clause. you're trying too hard.....especially given that the fins haven't won a superbowl in just about as long as the jets.

    Maybe I should have put in "conference championship* = winning at least 3 post season games in a league where results come from better comparable players compete to win titles where talent has not been diluted." Ya think?

    But riddle me this Batman: how come jets fans are so eager to point out the times they actually made it to the conference championships before losing.. yet don't wanna acknowledge that the Fins made the SB in the competitive post merger era 5X vs none for the jets?

    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    FinfanInBuffalo's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    5,179
    vCash:
    11614
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I don't believe Jacksonville ever won a Conference Championship. But then again they've only been competing since 1995, not since the more competitive merger. Aside from them and the Jest, any idea whether there any other teams which have never won a single post merger Conference Championship?
    Cleveland, Detroit, Texans, Jacksonville, KC, & NYJ have not been to the SB since the merger
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,161
    vCash:
    4198
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What's it matter anyway? If the Dolphins finished this year with a better record you'd just say it was b/c the Jets have injuries. This bull**** will go on forever.
    no, more like if miami finishes with a better record this season. He'll then switch it up about how its pointless or stupid for miami to finish out with meaningless wins and have worse pick in the draft and the jets have a better draft pick now. He'll find something to twist in his favor, as delusional as it is.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Mark buttfumble practicing INTís at Jets OTAís
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 12:50 PM
  2. Have you seen the "Mark buttfumble isn't ready" article?
    By tazthenomad in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 01:58 AM
  3. Jets institute body language fines for Mark buttfumble
    By Ilovemyfins4eva in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
  4. Jets, Mark buttfumble agree to contract terms
    By Adam First in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 07:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •