Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets ready to get rid of Mark Sanchez, will explore trade...

1. -61
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I'm not a typical fan like most on these boards, I'm sorry if that offends you guys. keep allowing espn to tell you how to think.
    Ditto, you and those lonely yet comforting voices in your head.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I'm not a typical fan like most on these boards, I'm sorry if that offends you guys. keep allowing espn to tell you how to think.
    So if we think that a QB that ranks poorly throughout his career in almost every statistical category isnt a good QB, we are ESPN sheep? Seems reasonable.

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hey nyjunc this is easy. just type "alright guys i admit i was wrong. sanchez sucks. i know i've spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending him, but the gig is up."

right now you sound like roger clemens adamantly denying his steroid use when everyone knows he's full of ****.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    So if we think that a QB that ranks poorly throughout his career in almost every statistical category isnt a good QB, we are ESPN sheep? Seems reasonable.
    he was awful this year, he wasn't awful the first 3 years and was top 10 good in 2010. You don't win as much as the Jets did in '09 and '10 w/ poor QB play, you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsattack View Post
    hey nyjunc this is easy. just type "alright guys i admit i was wrong. sanchez sucks. i know i've spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending him, but the gig is up."

right now you sound like roger clemens adamantly denying his steroid use when everyone knows he's full of ****.
    I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games. He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    he was awful this year, he wasn't awful the first 3 years and was top 10 good in 2010. You don't win as much as the Jets did in '09 and '10 w/ poor QB play, you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play.
    Sanchez was the #50 QB in QB rating that year. Yes, QB rating isnt the end all be all and it has variables, but when a QB cant crack the top 40 at QB in that stat for the year its safe to say they arent top 10. He had a nice run in the playoffs that year. He played well. But how can you be delusional enough to take a few games and use them as just cause to justify ineptitude over the majority of his career? The running game and defense drug Sanchez into the playoff kicking and screaming in '10.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games. He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.
    You can never admit being wrong. You kinda sorta do sometimes, but not really. Your concessions of being wrong go something like this:

Yeah, Mark Sanchez sucked this year BUT (long diatribe about how it wasnt really Sanchez' fault and that he wouldnt have actually sucked without x happening, so junc is actually not really wrong)

Yeah, the Jets sucked this year BUT (blah blah blah injuries made it impossible to win, who couldve seen it coming so junc is still not really wrong, just the Jets were unlucky)

Yeah, the Dolphins sucked a little less than the Jets this year BUT (ah **** it you get the picture)

Oh and BTW, Tanehill had a serious lack of weapons as well. No ass fumble to be found on his film. Im feeling kinda smug about that.

Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: NY Jets ready to get rid of Mark Sanchez, will explore trade...

The '02 Buccs are a great example of what a great defense, mediocre quarterback and good running game can do.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Sanchez was the #50 QB in QB rating that year. Yes, QB rating isnt the end all be all and it has variables, but when a QB cant crack the top 40 at QB in that stat for the year its safe to say they arent top 10. He had a nice run in the playoffs that year. He played well. But how can you be delusional enough to take a few games and use them as just cause to justify ineptitude over the majority of his career? The running game and defense drug Sanchez into the playoff kicking and screaming in '10.
    It's a good thing we understand this game better than to evaluate based on QB ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    The '02 Buccs are a great example of what a great defense, mediocre quarterback and good running game can do.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    It's a great example of the average fan having no idea what they are watching. Brad Johnson was vital to that run. obviously they won w/ D first but you need more than just great defense to win or teams like TB, Chi of the 80s, Bal of the 00s would be more than one hit wonders.

that good TB run game in 2002? top 2 backs(Pittman & Alstott) averaged 3.6 YPC. In postseason:

div rd vs. SF: 2.9 YPC
    NFC Championship: 1.7 YPC
    SB: 3.6 YPC

yep, clearly the run game carried them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    It's a good thing we understand this game better than to evaluate based on QB ratings.
    I dont understand based on QB rating. All Im saying is that if a QB is 50th in it, he probably isnt a top 10 QB.

You can take the guy ranked #20 and make a case about how QB rating underestimated this or overvalued that and he is really a top 10 QB. Quite possible. When we start talking about #50...come on junc
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

It's a great example of the average fan having no idea what they are watching. Brad Johnson was vital to that run. obviously they won w/ D first but you need more than just great defense to win or teams like TB, Chi of the 80s, Bal of the 00s would be more than one hit wonders.

that good TB run game in 2002? top 2 backs(Pittman & Alstott) averaged 3.6 YPC. In postseason:

div rd vs. SF: 2.9 YPC
    NFC Championship: 1.7 YPC
    SB: 3.6 YPC

yep, clearly the run game carried them.
    In one, single post you dismiss stats but then use stats to make a case?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote