Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

My biggest issue with Ireland this offseason was his lack of vision in free agency and the draft at key positions. We trade away the problematic pro bowl receiver that he should not have traded for in the first place then decides there is no reason to try to fill his position with any decent players. Then he trades away a solid NFL cornerback and also decides we need no depth there. Now we go into a game with the Bills with playoff implications(very, very ,very slight but not the point) and we are trotting out a bunch of receivers best suited for the practice squad as well as a plethora of corners that have been cut all around the league. As bad as the AFC has been this year just actually addressing these positions with even the slightest bit of actual talent we could have possibly been a playoff team. Its fine that we have some extra draft picks next year(odds are that the late second round pick will probably not be a better player than Davis and Egnew for marshall is pretty lopsided so far and u probably can bet his career wont be close to Marshall) but they could have easily fielded a better team this year. Dont worry Locke Im waiting on your no thanks but please explain how Im wrong for this viewpoint when you do it. We could have drafted a WR over a third rb or TE or addressed CB but we didnt.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again?! Seriously with this - I dont think he is going anywhere.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil35 View Post
    Again?! Seriously with this - I dont think he is going anywhere.
    I never said he was, I said this is the reason I want him gone. Do you dispute my point on wr or cb if so please elaborate
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I've been saying this since the Vontae trade . . . if you want to trade away these guys for whatever reason . . . fine, but you can't sit back and do nothing to replace the talent that you traded away and that is exactly what Jeff Ireland did, and got less in return than what he gave up initially.

WR group is one of the worst in the league . . . throw TE in there as well.
    We have Sean Smith in his last year and very little after him at CB
    The OLine never makes it over the hump inspite of the money and picks Jeff has thrown at the position, and now we face Jake Long in his last year and 2 guards that don't really fit
    Our LB group is serviceable but there aren't any playmakers in that group
    Reggie is on his last year, DT is always hurt and Lamar can barely get in the game when one of these guys are out

This team is currently set at SS (though Reshad only has 1 year left), QB, OC, 1 OT position and P . . . and we have a decent LB group that doesn't create turnovers. We also have a solid front 4 but could use a legit 4-3 DE opposite of Wake.

We pretty much have to settle on Ireland at this point, because that is the direction it is leaning . . . but I agree man, the lack of vision has always been poor from Jeff and its frustrating.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the offseason has not even begun yet. We haven't used the Davis pick on anything yet. Davis also isn't doing well, so why would anyone think this was a huge loss. A second and a seventh for him? C'mon man. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year anyways. Rookie QB, rookie head coach, second youngest team in the NFL. Why linch a guy when we haven't even hit the period where we can make the most improvement. Having 40-50 million in cap before cuts and resigining some of these guys.

This also shows how great Philbin is at utilizing the talent on the roster he has. Yeah the team is marginal at best, but to be even mathmatically alive for the playoffs with two games left is something to smile at. We all want winners, but we need to see how March and April go before sticking a fork into Ireland. Parcells left this team a disaster, it is going to take this off season to build on this momentum through the regular season, and continue to develop the guys on the roster
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    the offseason has not even begun yet. We haven't used the Davis pick on anything yet. Davis also isn't doing well, so why would anyone think this was a huge loss. A second and a seventh for him? C'mon man. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year anyways. Rookie QB, rookie head coach, second youngest team in the NFL. Why linch a guy when we haven't even hit the period where we can make the most improvement. Having 40-50 million in cap before cuts and resigining some of these guys.

This also shows how great Philbin is at utilizing the talent on the roster he has. Yeah the team is marginal at best, but to be even mathmatically alive for the playoffs with two games left is something to smile at. We all want winners, but we need to see how March and April go before sticking a fork into Ireland. Parcells left this team a disaster, it is going to take this off season to build on this momentum through the regular season, and continue to develop the guys on the roster

Ireland was a big part of that disaster so keep thinking all he did was a get a free paycheck lol. Im referring the the offseason before this season also. Imagine how we might be doing if we had actual nfl players at WR AND CB
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Ireland was a big part of that disaster so keep thinking all he did was a get a free paycheck lol. Im referring the the offseason before this season also. Imagine how we might be doing if we had actual nfl players at WR AND CB
    With BP calling the shots most of those years. I am not saying Ireland is out of the woods by any means, but he needs a shot with Joe Philbin to get the team turned around. With tons of picks and money, this could be the most exciting off season in recent memory
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    With BP calling the shots most of those years. I am not saying Ireland is out of the woods by any means, but he needs a shot with Joe Philbin to get the team turned around. With tons of picks and money, this could be the most exciting off season in recent memory
    I remember people saying that last offseason when they were like we have 30 million under cap. We will see once we resign our own guys how much we actually have. Im personally not excited by Ireland having alot of picks and money based on his history. In his mind 3 years 17 million should get you a scrub like Richard Marshall instead of Reggie Wayne. Like I said u can act like Parcells did not take advice from his gm and dit it all by himself but I dont buy that, Parcells hired Ireland for a reason.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stability needs to be here or any organization. Look at Philly, Pitt, NE, HOU, NYG, GB for example. They all had their up and down years, but they also built through the draft and free agency and are the elite teams in the NFL. Houston especially. Kubiak has been dreadful for his first 3 years. They kept the same GM in place and now look where they are. Elite.. This team will be better, the money and picks will be put to good use this off season.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I remember people saying that last offseason when they were like we have 30 million under cap. We will see once we resign our own guys how much we actually have. Im personally not excited by Ireland having alot of picks and money based on his history. In his mind 3 years 17 million should get you a scrub like Richard Marshall instead of Reggie Wayne. Like I said u can act like Parcells did not take advice from his gm and dit it all by himself but I dont buy that, Parcells hired Ireland for a reason.
    I understand, and if Reggie wanted to be here, he would have signed. He obviously wanted to play with Luck, not with Moore going into free agency. I think RT has shown enough that WRs will want to be down here.
    Quote Quote