Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314
Results 131 to 136 of 136

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

  1. -131
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,195
    vCash:
    36574
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    Trading away Vontae was about more than dollars & cents. It was mostly about his unwillingness to work hard- we all got a glimpse of that. He was not willing to give his all for this staff, so it was better to part ways and aquire a 2nd for him at that moment rather than to have the whole NFL see himtotally regress this season and the Dolphins not be able to get anything for him. True it left us with a void at corner, but i doubt we woulda been any better had Vontae been playing for us this year. Yes, Ireland drafted him in the 1st round and only ended up getting a 2nd rounder out of him, which can be credited as poor drafting on his part (& remember i think Ireland shouldnt be back next year). if Ireland does end up getting fired at season's end, the trade looks even better because it equips our new GM with a load of ammunition to fix this team.... idk, thats just the way i'm looking at things
    Well the signs were there with Vontae coming out of college. As for it wouldnt be any better with Vontae then u are saying that Nolan Carrol and the rest of the ilk are better corners and thats just not right at all.
    either way now e wasted a 1st round pick just as he wasted 2 seconds on marshall. The worst thing was there were alot of studs right after Vontae got picked. I was never Vontae in the first place but he played well for his time as a dolphin and if people want to act like he is a scrub because he got traded well thats typical
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -132
    Wannstedt Sux's Avatar
    Fireland

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    88
    vCash:
    1040
    Loc:
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im starting to really believe some posters here (who I wont name)are employed by the Miami Dolphins. The defense of this Jeff Ireland shipwreck is horrible. Its just a small piece of ice right?
    Fire Jeff Ireland

    www.castefootball.us
    Quote Quote  

  3. -133
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    254
    vCash:
    1380
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Well the signs were there with Vontae coming out of college. As for it wouldnt be any better with Vontae then u are saying that Nolan Carrol and the rest of the ilk are better corners and thats just not right at all.
    either way now e wasted a 1st round pick just as he wasted 2 seconds on marshall. The worst thing was there were alot of studs right after Vontae got picked. I was never Vontae in the first place but he played well for his time as a dolphin and if people want to act like he is a scrub because he got traded well thats typical
    I'm not saying that Vontae was a scrub while he was here, but his laziness will sure force him to be a scrub. He may very well end up being a good player for the Colts, or he may never end up reaching his potential at all- only time will tell. But it seemed like he was not willing to give full effort for THIS coaching staff. The Colts may be able to get through to him because sometimes a change of scenery is what some players need for extra motivation, but it seemed like the Dolphins had already milked him for all we were going to get out of him while he was on this team for whatever reason. It just seemed like a blessing that we were able to get a 2nd rounder plus another pick for him before he showed the whole NFL he was regressing, because no matter what you say- trust me know one would trade a 2nd rounder for Vontae this offseason lol. I know that neither Patterson, Carroll, or Marshall are better corners- but my point was that in the end, Vontae is not the difference between whether we make a playoff run or not. Even if we had Vontae this year, we wouldn't be able to sniff a playoff win because we lack playmaking WRs.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -134
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,195
    vCash:
    36574
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    I'm not saying that Vontae was a scrub while he was here, but his laziness will sure force him to be a scrub. He may very well end up being a good player for the Colts, or he may never end up reaching his potential at all- only time will tell. But it seemed like he was not willing to give full effort for THIS coaching staff. The Colts may be able to get through to him because sometimes a change of scenery is what some players need for extra motivation, but it seemed like the Dolphins had already milked him for all we were going to get out of him while he was on this team for whatever reason. It just seemed like a blessing that we were able to get a 2nd rounder plus another pick for him before he showed the whole NFL he was regressing, because no matter what you say- trust me know one would trade a 2nd rounder for Vontae this offseason lol. I know that neither Patterson, Carroll, or Marshall are better corners- but my point was that in the end, Vontae is not the difference between whether we make a playoff run or not. Even if we had Vontae this year, we wouldn't be able to sniff a playoff win because we lack playmaking WRs.
    Well Reggie Wayne was there but oh well
    Quote Quote  

  5. -135
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,993
    vCash:
    10931
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Ireland was a big part of that disaster so keep thinking all he did was a get a free paycheck lol. Im referring the the offseason before this season also. Imagine how we might be doing if we had actual nfl players at WR AND CB
    So the way you see it we should be able to go through a total direction change, (new HC, OC, DC), and have all the pieces in place in one offseason?? We should have probowlers at every postion as quick as snapping your fingers? This isn't Madden, you have to get as much done as you can season by season. I will agree that the Marshall trade was not one I was in favor of, but from everything you read that was more Philbin than Ireland. Anyone upset with the Davis trade is living in a cave. You can bet your a** that the colts would undo that trade faster than lightning. I am not going to sit here and say Ireland is the best GM ever, but what some people around here expect out of a GM is unrealistic.

    Ireland has created the space and extra picks to make us a contender this offseason. HE is the one that used restraint in not panicking this past offseason and overspending in a year we all knew was not going to end in a superbowl. He has created the opportunities that we now have, and deserves the chance at seeing what he can do with them. If we get many more "EGNEW" picks then we are in bad shape for several more years. But anyone we bring in can mess things up a lot worse.

    Bottom line is it really doesn't matter what we think, Ireland IS going to be here next year, like it or not. I will admit I will be holding my breath next April also. I will be ready to hang him if we don't have either Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in a fins uniform before the draft. And I will even say if he WERE fired I would not be that upset, but I would hold his replacement to the same obsurd standard that people around here hold Ireland to.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -136
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,195
    vCash:
    36574
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    So the way you see it we should be able to go through a total direction change, (new HC, OC, DC), and have all the pieces in place in one offseason?? We should have probowlers at every postion as quick as snapping your fingers? This isn't Madden, you have to get as much done as you can season by season. I will agree that the Marshall trade was not one I was in favor of, but from everything you read that was more Philbin than Ireland. Anyone upset with the Davis trade is living in a cave. You can bet your a** that the colts would undo that trade faster than lightning. I am not going to sit here and say Ireland is the best GM ever, but what some people around here expect out of a GM is unrealistic.

    Ireland has created the space and extra picks to make us a contender this offseason. HE is the one that used restraint in not panicking this past offseason and overspending in a year we all knew was not going to end in a superbowl. He has created the opportunities that we now have, and deserves the chance at seeing what he can do with them. If we get many more "EGNEW" picks then we are in bad shape for several more years. But anyone we bring in can mess things up a lot worse.

    Bottom line is it really doesn't matter what we think, Ireland IS going to be here next year, like it or not. I will admit I will be holding my breath next April also. I will be ready to hang him if we don't have either Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in a fins uniform before the draft. And I will even say if he WERE fired and would not be that upset, but I would hold his replacement to the same obsurd standard that people around here hold Ireland to.

    Who said quick as snappin your fingers he has been here 5 years . Please tell me what handicapped him in replacing Marshall. As for the colts wishing they had their late second back , u do realize the colts have plenty of young guys and are heading to the playoffs with a better secondary than they would have wiithout Vontae. He has been nicked up alot this year which has prob alot to do with conditioning. He was torched in his first game there but lets not act like he was with the colts all year. Has he been a stud there nope but lets look at some of the guys drafted in the second by us like Danial Thomas , Pat White, Merling, Henne or even Misi who is solid but no game changer and tell yourself yea we are guaranteed or even likely to get a better player with that pick. You say it isnt Madden no one has suggested we should have got every high priced free agent but when u skip over upgrades that are interested in playing for u like Reggie Wayne that would not have hurt our salary cap at all. I would take an out of shape Vontae and Wayne any day over a second and Richard Marrshall. Hell its not like Marshall was good before he got hurt either. im still trying to figure out what absurd standard we are holding the gm of our team to. 5 friggin years and its like we are unreasonable lol.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. You #1 reason u hate ireland!!!
    By allsilverdreams in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. What is the major reason behind the decline of the defense?
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland wont address Vick.
    By phinsfan84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. Reason why we will repeat and reason why we wont.
    By CChambers7284 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
  5. Another reason we wont draft a LT this year....
    By hweitz14 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •