Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 136

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

  1. -91
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,623
    vCash:
    18308
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie Wayne was in fact interested in coming home. I read that too and he well may have been the difference between the relative productions of Tannehill and Luck. You spend the 8th pick on a high prospect, low experience QB and you need to provide him with at least 1 target who will make his life easier.







    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    253
    vCash:
    1354
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apologies for saying that Wayne never wanted to come here. I did't know, but thanks for letting me know everyone!
    But my original point was that trading away Vontaewasn't the horrible idea that everyone makes it seem to be
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,933
    vCash:
    34474
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    Apologies for saying that Wayne never wanted to come here. I did't know, but thanks for letting me know everyone!
    But my original point was that trading away Vontaewasn't the horrible idea that everyone makes it seem to be
    MY whole problem with trading Vontae away is they had no plan to replace him. We are now starting dumpster diver cbs due to injury. A trio of Marshall, Smith and Davis with Carrol as the 4th corner is much better than MArshall, Smith , Carrol and some guy off the street. Every year Ireland does this and has no actual plan in place much like RT last year. Last time im checked he is the guy that drafted Vontae with a first round pcik and that was not long ago.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    Birdmond's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2012
    Posts:
    596
    vCash:
    2109
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    MY whole problem with trading Vontae away is they had no plan to replace him. We are now starting dumpster diver cbs due to injury. A trio of Marshall, Smith and Davis with Carrol as the 4th corner is much better than MArshall, Smith , Carrol and some guy off the street. Every year Ireland does this and has no actual plan in place much like RT last year. Last time im checked he is the guy that drafted Vontae with a first round pcik and that was not long ago.
    So do you think the secondary was better last year with Vontae in the line up? I don't.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,933
    vCash:
    34474
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    So do you think the secondary was better last year with Vontae in the line up? I don't.
    It wasnt better this year. I know a lineup of Vontae, Smith and Marshall with Carrol as 4th guy, is better than MArshall, Smith and CArrol and garbage as a 4th man.

    I do know in 2010 it was way better
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    253
    vCash:
    1354
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    It wasnt better this year. I know a lineup of Vontae, Smith and Marshall with Carrol as 4th guy, is better than MArshall, Smith and CArrol and garbage as a 4th man.

    I do know in 2010 it was way better
    but a secondary with Smith, Marshall, and Caroll WITH an extra 2nd round pick next year is better than a secondary with Vontae, Smith, and Marshall WITHOUT the extra pick next year... i'm just looking at the bigger picture here because most people knew it was unrealistic for this team to make SIGNIFICANT noise this year (meaning make the playoffs AND not be one & done). so having Vontae this year would have not helped us at all for the future. yes, i did love the Vontae trade when it happened, but i will be the first to admit i am not highly optimistic about how our extra draft picks and huge cap space will be used if Ireland is the 1 making the picks & signings because doesnt have the most amazing track record and i think it's time for change at GM. but if it is a new GM is hired for our fins, then im excited because Ireland has left the new guy with alot to work with lol
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,872
    vCash:
    4296
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    MY whole problem with trading Vontae away is they had no plan to replace him. We are now starting dumpster diver cbs due to injury. A trio of Marshall, Smith and Davis with Carrol as the 4th corner is much better than MArshall, Smith , Carrol and some guy off the street. Every year Ireland does this and has no actual plan in place much like RT last year. Last time im checked he is the guy that drafted Vontae with a first round pcik and that was not long ago.
    I disagree I believe that they had a plan to replace Vonte Davis with Marshall and I will agree with you that was not a very good plan. As for replacing Brandon Marshall I have never seen a plan yet except to run through a volume of recievers or that dude that only caught 2 passes from NC

    PS I do believe he has a plan just not enought ammunition in the past to fill those holes. Almost every year going into the draft in thre past you could almost line up the first few rounds of the draft. Last year 2012 QB, Right Tackle, Pass Rushing and Defensive End were issues. We knew Henne and Columbo and Jason Taylor were the issues to be addressed. 2011 Offenisive line and running back along with a speed wide reciever. We draft Pouncy, traded up for the last highly rated power back on the board in Daniel Thomas from the top of the 3rd round to the very bottom of the 2nd round and picked up Gates in the 4th to stretch the field. Why because we lost both Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown and our other 3rd down back from the year before our offensive line was still a mess from the year before. 2010 Odrick, Msi, Jerry and another line back from Iowa in the 4th round. Why because we had not replaced the Jason Traylor trade, Paul S had not turned it on and we were very thin at linebacker especially coverage line backers and of course the offensive line was still a mess under Sporano and it goes on.

    PSS Has it really occurred to many of you that our offensive line issues have pretty much disappeared with the departure of Tony S this year. Some of those wasted picks and pickups are playing a bit more solid under a different coaching staff.
    Last edited by phintim; 12-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    BlueFin's Avatar
    Seer of Visions

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    12,937
    vCash:
    8358
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vontae Davis was no big loss....glad to see this type of player gone.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,933
    vCash:
    34474
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    but a secondary with Smith, Marshall, and Caroll WITH an extra 2nd round pick next year is better than a secondary with Vontae, Smith, and Marshall WITHOUT the extra pick next year... i'm just looking at the bigger picture here because most people knew it was unrealistic for this team to make SIGNIFICANT noise this year (meaning make the playoffs AND not be one & done). so having Vontae this year would have not helped us at all for the future. yes, i did love the Vontae trade when it happened, but i will be the first to admit i am not highly optimistic about how our extra draft picks and huge cap space will be used if Ireland is the 1 making the picks & signings because doesnt have the most amazing track record and i think it's time for change at GM. but if it is a new GM is hired for our fins, then im excited because Ireland has left the new guy with alot to work with lol
    U cant say the second round pick will be a good player so who knows. I dont get fans that excuse their team from not winning because somehow we are not expected to win. Every year teams go out there and win and as fans if we had a chance to make our team better we should hold our team accountable. We had chances to make our team better without affecting our salary cap much but we decided that a never good starter at corner was more important than a wr
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,307
    vCash:
    5745
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Reggie Wayne was in fact interested in coming home. I read that too and he well may have been the difference between the relative productions of Tannehill and Luck. You spend the 8th pick on a high prospect, low experience QB and you need to provide him with at least 1 target who will make his life easier.
    Reggie Wayne was interested in coming home to Miami but as a package deal with Peyton Manning.

    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...s-reggie-wayne

    Free-agent wide receiver Reggie Wayne would love to be teammates with Peyton Manning again, this time with the Miami Dolphins.

    Wayne and Manning have been working out together in South Florida, as Manning trains to get NFL game-ready. Manning and Wayne were a lethal pass-catch combination with the Indianapolis Colts. Wayne says, why not take their act to the Dolphins?

    "I could see it," Wayne told Michael Irvin of WQAM radio in Miami. "I'm definitely not opposed to it, you know? He's a great worker and I consider myself a great worker. My being in his trail going to Miami? I would love it."

    Wayne visualized joining Manning with the Dolphins in a tandem with explosive Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

    "It can truly be dangerous if they put us all together," Wayne said. "The league might not want that, Mike. They may not want to see that. South Florida is already hot out here baby, so you put us all together, it'll be burning up."
    at the same time Reggie never really wanted to leave Indy. After losing to Garcon to the Redskins, the Colts had to bring back their most accomplished receiver for the soon to be drafted rookie quarterback to rely on.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...al-sources-say
    Wayne never wanted to leave.

    "I said if this is going to be the last game, I want to go out with a bang. It was great," he said after catching the winning score in last season's home finale against Houston. "Hopefully, I'll be back but you never know."

    Those doubts persisted when it became apparent the Colts were not going to keep Manning.

    Instead, the receiver decided to stay put in a community where he was embraced as the second favorite Reggie in town, behind only Reggie Miller of the NBA's Pacers, and a community that Wayne often said loved him back.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. You #1 reason u hate ireland!!!
    By allsilverdreams in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. What is the major reason behind the decline of the defense?
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland wont address Vick.
    By phinsfan84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. Reason why we will repeat and reason why we wont.
    By CChambers7284 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
  5. Another reason we wont draft a LT this year....
    By hweitz14 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •