Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Reggie Wayne was interested in coming home to Miami but as a package deal with Peyton Manning.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...s-reggie-wayne

at the same time Reggie never really wanted to leave Indy. After losing to Garcon to the Redskins, the Colts had to bring back their most accomplished receiver for the soon to be drafted rookie quarterback to rely on.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...al-sources-say
    reggie spoke various times on the subject not just once and not every convo was tied to manning. the point is he showed interest and we did not.
    instead of a pro bowler we signed chad johnson and nannee , a typical ireland decision
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    reggie spoke various times on the subject not just once and not every convo was tied to manning. the point is he showed interest and we did not.
    instead of a pro bowler we signed chad johnson and nannee , a typical ireland decision
    A lot of ex-Canes, at one point or another, have talked about playing for the Dolphins. I didn't believe them then and I didn't believe Wayne this year.

Sure it would have been nice to have Wayne in Miami but I didn't think it was going to happened so I never got my hopes up.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they use miami as a bargaining chip. thats why the giants RB turned around in mid flight....his agent said to come back to NY to sign a new deal.

cmon man!

this stuff gets real old around here.....for every story there is another side to it. thats the prob with these people...they live in the past and one sided evidence based on old polls before last years draft.

cmon man!
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    A lot of ex-Canes, at one point or another, have talked about playing for the Dolphins. I didn't believe them then and I didn't believe Wayne this year.

Sure it would have been nice to have Wayne in Miami but I didn't think it was going to happened so I never got my hopes up.
    U are right if u never offer a contract a guy will never take the contract
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    yeah. and ryan clark "wanted" to come to Miami too. always convenient to say you're interested in Miami to drive the price elsewhere.

Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    they use miami as a bargaining chip. thats why the giants RB turned around in mid flight....his agent said to come back to NY to sign a new deal.

cmon man!

this stuff gets real old around here.....for every story there is another side to it. thats the prob with these people...they live in the past and one sided evidence based on old polls before last years draft.

cmon man!
    SO he used Miami as a bargaining chip to resign with Indy. I mean dont we have to actually talk to a player and offer a contract before we can say he would have never left a 1-15 team in Indy lol.
    I live in the present the present that has has the Phins heading to their 4th non winning season in a row with Jeff Ireland as the general manager.

So present or past nonwithstanding. What is our excuse for not trying to talk to Reggie Wayne about coming here. Lets forget everything else and answer that one simple question.
    Fact he said he had interest with or without Peyton(the Peyton/Wayne combo was another media fallacy much like the Jeff Saturday aspect of it). This is not the NBA thank god.
    We know it wasnt money since we spent the same on Richard Marshall and we were courting Peyton.
    P
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    SO he used Miami as a bargaining chip to resign with Indy. I mean dont we have to actually talk to a player and offer a contract before we can say he would have never left a 1-15 team in Indy lol.
    I live in the present the present that has has the Phins heading to their 4th non winning season in a row with Jeff Ireland as the general manager.

So present or past nonwithstanding. What is our excuse for not trying to talk to Reggie Wayne about coming here. Lets forget everything else and answer that one simple question.
    Fact he said he had interest with or without Peyton(the Peyton/Wayne combo was another media fallacy much like the Jeff Saturday aspect of it). This is not the NBA thank god.
    We know it wasnt money since we spent the same on Richard Marshall and we were courting Peyton.
    P
    I tell you time and time again but you dont listen.

Philbin wasnt and never was big on FA comgin from GB. He said so just about a million times. Thats why Philbin doesnt have a problem with Ireland. He basically did what was asked of him. They are building through the draft. That why they got rid of Marshall the headcase and Vontae the alcoholic. Its not rocket science. Its been said on here many many times by people other than myself.

We get it. Its all Jeff Irelands fault. I disagree.

BTW, would like to know who you jeff ireland haters would like in this coming draft. Never seem to see much in that regard. Its cus you only have one agenda. Kill the prostitute man.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, would like to know who you jeff ireland haters would like in this coming draft. Never seem to see much in that regard. Its cus you only have one agenda. Kill the prostitute man.
    Anybody that weighs less than 300 pounds with the first 5 picks, I'm pretty sure we're going to be disappointed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tell you time and time again but you dont listen.

Philbin wasnt and never was big on FA comgin from GB. He said so just about a million times. Thats why Philbin doesnt have a problem with Ireland. He basically did what was asked of him. They are building through the draft. That why they got rid of Marshall the headcase and Vontae the alcoholic. Its not rocket science. Its been said on here many many times by people other than myself.

We get it. Its all Jeff Irelands fault. I disagree.

My agenda as a fan is to hope we win even when we have an idiot GM in charge. I know I wanted him to address wr in free agency or the draft which he didnt unless u feel sixth round and washed ups are addressing something.

So if Philben is not big on free agents as u say then why get excited about being under cap since u say Philben doesnt want to spend money on free agents.

Honest question signing Reggie Wayne to 3 years 17 million or rRichard Marshall to the same contract which is the better choice?
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    yeah. and ryan clark "wanted" to come to Miami too. always convenient to say you're interested in Miami to drive the price elsewhere.
    Hmm we actually spoke to Ryan Clark and brought him in. Not the same scenario if u dont at least talk to the guy. Thats a silly arguement wouldnt u agree.
    I dont get why people cant even accept it was a mistake to not try to sign Wayne like the world would end.
    Quote Quote