Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 136

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

  1. -111
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,972
    vCash:
    2810
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Hmm we actually spoke to Ryan Clark and brought him in. Not the same scenario if u dont at least talk to the guy. Thats a silly arguement wouldnt u agree.
    I dont get why people cant even accept it was a mistake to not try to sign Wayne like the world would end.
    How do you or I actually know if we talked to reggie wayne or not? you don't. I don't. but it fits your agenda to think that we didn't.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -112
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    How do you or I actually know if we talked to reggie wayne or not? you don't. I don't. but it fits your agenda to think that we didn't.
    Because every free agent brought in is reported , offers are reported its a game that agents and the teams play. Just like we all know that we brought in Ryan Clark remember.
    This argument is beyond you, you are better than this. Nothing is secret in the nfl just like we know who we looked at for coach and so on.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -113
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,088
    vCash:
    24684
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    How do you or I actually know if we talked to reggie wayne or not? you don't. I don't. but it fits your agenda to think that we didn't.
    Even if we talked to him and he turned us down thats not really any better.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -114
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    253
    vCash:
    1335
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    U cant say the second round pick will be a good player so who knows. I dont get fans that excuse their team from not winning because somehow we are not expected to win. Every year teams go out there and win and as fans if we had a chance to make our team better we should hold our team accountable. We had chances to make our team better without affecting our salary cap much but we decided that a never good starter at corner was more important than a wr
    but i can say with a good amount of confidence that Vontae was worth much less than a 2nd round pick. it was a steal so it is an acceptable loss. we TRIED to fill the cb spot with the aquisition of Marshall. that wasnt a good plan & like i said before, Ireland should not be retained because of his less than stellar history. i will never argue against the WR point because it is clear to everyone that the WR position lacks playmakers and that is definately on Ireland. but trading away Vontae was NOT a mistake. Vontae would not have made us any better than we are now- which is my point when saying it is just better to have that 2nd round pick instead of a player who was not progressing.

    ---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Reggie Wayne was interested in coming home to Miami but as a package deal with Peyton Manning.

    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...s-reggie-wayne


    at the same time Reggie never really wanted to leave Indy. After losing to Garcon to the Redskins, the Colts had to bring back their most accomplished receiver for the soon to be drafted rookie quarterback to rely on.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...al-sources-say
    thank you for this link!! i will now take back my apology from everyone who was cutting my throat when i said Wayne didn't want to come here
    Quote Quote  

  5. -115
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    but i can say with a good amount of confidence that Vontae was worth much less than a 2nd round pick. it was a steal so it is an acceptable loss. we TRIED to fill the cb spot with the aquisition of Marshall. that wasnt a good plan & like i said before, Ireland should not be retained because of his less than stellar history. i will never argue against the WR point because it is clear to everyone that the WR position lacks playmakers and that is definately on Ireland. but trading away Vontae was NOT a mistake. Vontae would not have made us any better than we are now- which is my point when saying it is just better to have that 2nd round pick instead of a player who was not progressing.

    ---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------



    thank you for this link!! i will now take back my apology from everyone who was cutting my throat when i said Wayne didn't want to come here
    I think u want to do your own research because there are plenty of links that state he wanted to come here and when he was interviewed he said it out of his own mouth. People truly have their own agenda to make it seem like there was no option at wr to make our gm seem better but Wayne was an option and he said he was very interested in coming here. He lives here in off season and since he signed before Peyton u can see that him being tied to Peyton was pure propaganda.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -116
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    253
    vCash:
    1335
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I think u want to do your own research because there are plenty of links that state he wanted to come here and when he was interviewed he said it out of his own mouth. People truly have their own agenda to make it seem like there was no option at wr to make our gm seem better but Wayne was an option and he said he was very interested in coming here. He lives here in off season and since he signed before Peyton u can see that him being tied to Peyton was pure propaganda.
    & where exactly is your link to prove him wrong? besides, u are ignoring my main point. i already said i agree that the WR position was mishandled, so trying to argue with me over the WR is a moot point. my main point is that trading Vontae away was not a bad trade. it didn't make us any worse than we woulda been this year, but it does put us in position for a great future since it equipped us with a 2nd rounder.
    u have so many other things to whine over in regards to Ireland's decisions, but the Vontae trade isn't something u can complain about. it was a good trade.
    Last edited by finitis23; 12-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -117
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    & where exactly is your link to prove him wrong? besides, u are ignoring my main point. i already said i agree that the WR position was mishandled, so trying to argue with me over the WR is a moot point. my main point is that trading Vontae away was not a bad trade. it didn't make us any worse than we woulda been this year, but it does put us in position for a great future since it equipped us with a 2nd rounder.
    u have so many other things to whine over in regards to Ireland's decisions, but the Vontae trade isn't something u complain about. it was a good trade.
    When u know someone is wrong why provide a link seriously. Look up on your own. And please show me anywhere in that link that he said he had to be a package deal. He was saying that because at time it was speculated that Manning might very well go to Miami. If manning was so important to him why did he not try to sign with Denver? The people that are saying different are straight out making a complete fabrication.


    As for the Vontae trade . Carrol , patterson and Marshall are not better corners than Davis. If they felt so strongly they should have moved Vontae much sooner.In fact overall Smith has never been a better corner than Davis. Davis may have been out of shape and lazy but people are revising history and making these guys out to be better corners than Vontae. Davis may very well go into the tank but lets not act like his play at corner has been a big problem and that having carrol as the nickel is better for our defense than at worst Vontae.

    I wasnt arguing with anyone on receiver . If anyone thinks there were not better options at receiver than what we added fine , it not based in reality but hell have your opinion.
    Our third leading receiver has like 6 receptions. Here is a kicker for u. Chad Johnson, Anthony Armstrong, Ricardo Wallace and BJ Cunningham are not even on NFL 53 man rosters right now and only Cunningham is even close to holding an NFL job on the practice squad. The guy we gave up on after one year Edmund Gates has more receptions than every one outside of Hartline and Bess combined and he is not that good.
    We had a bigger hole at receiver than any other position to begin our offseason and we addressed it with scraps.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -118
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,825
    vCash:
    3959
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    When u know someone is wrong why provide a link seriously. Look up on your own. And please show me anywhere in that link that he said he had to be a package deal. He was saying that because at time it was speculated that Manning might very well go to Miami. If manning was so important to him why did he not try to sign with Denver? The people that are saying different are straight out making a complete fabrication.


    As for the Vontae trade . Carrol , patterson and Marshall are not better corners than Davis. If they felt so strongly they should have moved Vontae much sooner.In fact overall Smith has never been a better corner than Davis. Davis may have been out of shape and lazy but people are revising history and making these guys out to be better corners than Vontae. Davis may very well go into the tank but lets not act like his play at corner has been a big problem and that having carrol as the nickel is better for our defense than at worst Vontae.

    I wasnt arguing with anyone on receiver . If anyone thinks there were not better options at receiver than what we added fine , it not based in reality but hell have your opinion.
    Our third leading receiver has like 6 receptions. Here is a kicker for u. Chad Johnson, Anthony Armstrong, Ricardo Wallace and BJ Cunningham are not even on NFL 53 man rosters right now and only Cunningham is even close to holding an NFL job on the practice squad. The guy we gave up on after one year Edmund Gates has more receptions than every one outside of Hartline and Bess combined and he is not that good.
    We had a bigger hole at receiver than any other position to begin our offseason and we addressed it with scraps.
    Free agency was low balled this year no doubt except you could make the argument for Marshall and he was really a nickle back to fill in for the Will Allen departure. Nannee and Gerard were low ball hopefuls. If we wanted a high price reciever we would have kept Marshall and someone outside Ireland did not want him.

    Vonte Davis you are wrong on he was a good pick when we picked him and I agree better than Smith but he sourered the longer he stayed and no GM can control that. It falls on coaching.

    I believe that Gates was part of the plan here and he would have stuck under Tony but just could not develop under this system but he was not drafted for this system either.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -119
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Free agency was low balled this year no doubt except you could make the argument for Marshall and he was really a nickle back to fill in for the Will Allen departure. Nannee and Gerard were low ball hopefuls. If we wanted a high price reciever we would have kept Marshall and someone outside Ireland did not want him.

    Vonte Davis you are wrong on he was a good pick when we picked him and I agree better than Smith but he sourered the longer he stayed and no GM can control that. It falls on coaching.

    I believe that Gates was part of the plan here and he would have stuck under Tony but just could not develop under this system but he was not drafted for this system either.
    So what season did Sean Smith outplay Davis as a dolphin if he regressed so much.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -120
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,088
    vCash:
    24684
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    & where exactly is your link to prove him wrong? besides, u are ignoring my main point. i already said i agree that the WR position was mishandled, so trying to argue with me over the WR is a moot point. my main point is that trading Vontae away was not a bad trade. it didn't make us any worse than we woulda been this year, but it does put us in position for a great future since it equipped us with a 2nd rounder.
    u have so many other things to whine over in regards to Ireland's decisions, but the Vontae trade isn't something u can complain about. it was a good trade.
    Yup, Smith and Carroll are the best CB tandem in the league, pretty sure I read that on this very board.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. You #1 reason u hate ireland!!!
    By allsilverdreams in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. What is the major reason behind the decline of the defense?
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland wont address Vick.
    By phinsfan84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. Reason why we will repeat and reason why we wont.
    By CChambers7284 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
  5. Another reason we wont draft a LT this year....
    By hweitz14 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •