Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

1. -121
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So what season did Sean Smith outplay Davis as a dolphin if he regressed so much.
    Well when he was on the field for us he was better than Davis and that is what I implied in my post so we agree with each other regarding this issue.

To answer your question when was Smith outplaying Davis. Last year when Davis was not on the field for whatever reasons and Smith was. This year Smith is better than Davis too.

Now I also believe that Davis with the right coaching can really turn it around and be the better player but that remains to be seen.
    Losing his brother last year, getting traded and being immature really has worked against him this year. Gotta feel for the kid in a game full of primos.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dlockz stop posting if you're consistently to try and pass off the burden of proof when you make a claim. Man up, or shut up.
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Dlockz stop posting if you're consistently to try and pass off the burden of proof when you make a claim. Man up, or shut up.
    The proof is out there I could care less if u want to remain in dark on issue. We have this thing called the internet and u can look it up, I have nothing to prove.
    If you want to believe that Reggie Wayne was dead set against coming to Miami and wanted to remain with a colts team that had fired the coach and gm and was coming off a 2-14 team at ant cost lol.
    Im not playing that game. You are going to believe what you want no matter what evidence you are shown. We all know Reggie Wayne was a free agent
    Reggie Wayne has called South Florida home every offseason since entered the league back in 2001, and sources say the former Miami Hurricanes standout is open to making Miami his in-season home, signing with the Miami Dolphins.
    Could Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning be a package deal?
    Wayne, a five-time Pro Bowler with the Indianapolis Colts, become an unrestricted free agent on March 13. He could become part of a package deal that includes future Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning, who will be released by the Colts today.
    The source said Manning and Wayne have not spoken specifically about landing in the same city, playing for the same team. But they realize its a possibility, one they would favor because of their friendship and on the field bond. Neither are expected to re-sign with Indianapolis.

From his interview on michael Irvin show
    My phone is working. It’s definitely working. I got all my bars. Whenever that phone rings, trust me, I’ll answer,” Wayne said about his desire to sign with the Dolphins.

can see it, and I’m definitely not opposed to it,” Wayne said about teaming up with Manning in Miami. “He’s a great worker. I consider myself a great worker, and when you put great workers together good things happen. Me being

in his trail to Miami, I would definitely love it! I’m totally available. My phone is working…I’m ready for anything that comes! I definitely see that in the mix.”

from another report about manning not being the reason for the decision
    It's presumed that Reggie Wayne will follow Peyton Manning wherever he goes in free agency. That's a logical presumption, but not 100 percent valid, as Wayne reportedly isn't committed to waiting for Peyton to sign before he lands on another roster.

Not sure why I wasted my time
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Who cares? We either didn't try to get Wayne or we did try to get him and he said thanks but no thanks. Neither of those scenarios are ringing endorsements for Jeff Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When u know someone is wrong why provide a link seriously. Look up on your own. And please show me anywhere in that link that he said he had to be a package deal. He was saying that because at time it was speculated that Manning might very well go to Miami. If manning was so important to him why did he not try to sign with Denver? The people that are saying different are straight out making a complete fabrication.

As for the Vontae trade . Carrol , patterson and Marshall are not better corners than Davis. If they felt so strongly they should have moved Vontae much sooner.In fact overall Smith has never been a better corner than Davis. Davis may have been out of shape and lazy but people are revising history and making these guys out to be better corners than Vontae. Davis may very well go into the tank but lets not act like his play at corner has been a big problem and that having carrol as the nickel is better for our defense than at worst Vontae.

I wasnt arguing with anyone on receiver . If anyone thinks there were not better options at receiver than what we added fine , it not based in reality but hell have your opinion.
    Our third leading receiver has like 6 receptions. Here is a kicker for u. Chad Johnson, Anthony Armstrong, Ricardo Wallace and BJ Cunningham are not even on NFL 53 man rosters right now and only Cunningham is even close to holding an NFL job on the practice squad. The guy we gave up on after one year Edmund Gates has more receptions than every one outside of Hartline and Bess combined and he is not that good.
    We had a bigger hole at receiver than any other position to begin our offseason and we addressed it with scraps.
    i'm not saying that Vontae wasnt a good corner for us. i'm saying that Ireland at least had the foresight to see that he was regressing and got a 2nd round pick for a corner who is clearly not worth that high value right now. i believe i said that multiple times, but u keep changing my words around. i see u are dead set on not giving Ireland any credit at all lol i mean i know he probably doesn't deserve our GM job right now, but at least give the man credit for a good trade.
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    i'm not saying that Vontae wasnt a good corner for us. i'm saying that Ireland at least had the foresight to see that he was regressing and got a 2nd round pick for a corner who is clearly not worth that high value right now. i believe i said that multiple times, but u keep changing my words around. i see u are dead set on not giving Ireland any credit at all lol i mean i know he probably doesn't deserve our GM job right now, but at least give the man credit for a good trade.
    The timing of the trade was the worst part and seriously we dont know if Vontae is regressing, he has been no worse in Indy than all our corners outside of Smith and that includes the guy we gave 17 million to instead of using it on a pro bowl receiver. You also got to realize he got traded just before season to a whole new team and system so Im sure that isnt good for performance. How much would you like to bet that Richard Marshall, Dmiitri Patterson or Nolan Carrol will be better than him next season. None of these guys have ever been close to a good starting cb. Trade away whoever I dont care but have a plan in place that is not crap. In fact do your damn research in the first place and realize maybe u shouldnt draft someone in the first round that has a questionable work ethic, ron zook didnt just bench his star player for no damn reason.
    We cant have it both ways and say Vontae was a good draft pick and then praise him for trading him. Trading your first round pick for a late second is at best salvage of a not so good pick esp with the players that were still on the board. Hakeem Nicks, Clay Matthews, Eric Wood, James Laurinautis, Max Unger, Rey maluega. I mean isnt our gm supposed to take the best talent available. Seems like he didnt do a great job of choosing the best player in the first place
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The worst part of the trade was the fact that we traded for draft picks, Ireland and draft picks don't go well together. If you're going to trade our next good player, do a player for player trade. The Colts are loaded with receivers and tight ends, you mean to tell me they wouldn't have given up one of those guys? If they gave up two draft picks for Vontae I think we could have gotten a receiver at least. Come on now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The timing of the trade was the worst part and seriously we dont know if Vontae is regressing, he has been no worse in Indy than all our corners outside of Smith and that includes the guy we gave 17 million to instead of using it on a pro bowl receiver. You also got to realize he got traded just before season to a whole new team and system so Im sure that isnt good for performance. How much would you like to bet that Richard Marshall, Dmiitri Patterson or Nolan Carrol will be better than him next season. None of these guys have ever been close to a good starting cb. Trade away whoever I dont care but have a plan in place that is not crap. In fact do your damn research in the first place and realize maybe u shouldnt draft someone in the first round that has a questionable work ethic, ron zook didnt just bench his star player for no damn reason.
    We cant have it both ways and say Vontae was a good draft pick and then praise him for trading him. Trading your first round pick for a late second is at best salvage of a not so good pick esp with the players that were still on the board. Hakeem Nicks, Clay Matthews, Eric Wood, James Laurinautis, Max Unger, Rey maluega. I mean isnt our gm supposed to take the best talent available. Seems like he didnt do a great job of choosing the best player in the first place
    So would you trade a second round pick to get Vontae back?
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    So would you trade a second round pick to get Vontae back?
    I think that ship has sailed lol. I would say that if u drafted a cornerback late second u would have to get pretty lucky to get a corner of his talent.
    vontae was still relatively cheap, much cheaper than Patterson. You also have to remember who is pulling the string on these picks . At this point this years draft looks good but we will know more in year two.
    I mean look at the previous years draft and overall it was below average. Yes Pouncey is looking like a future pro bowler but the rest of the draft yielded almost nothing. I still think its poor value to draft a center that high no matter how good he is.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    The worst part of the trade was the fact that we traded for draft picks, Ireland and draft picks don't go well together. If you're going to trade our next good player, do a player for player trade. The Colts are loaded with receivers and tight ends, you mean to tell me they wouldn't have given up one of those guys? If they gave up two draft picks for Vontae I think we could have gotten a receiver at least. Come on now.

Well instead of trading up to get another runningback he could have traded up and took Dwayne Allen a much higher rated prospect than michael egnew. 2 years in a row we traded up for a damn runningback.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think that ship has sailed lol. I would say that if u drafted a cornerback late second u would have to get pretty lucky to get a corner of his talent.
    vontae was still relatively cheap, much cheaper than Patterson. You also have to remember who is pulling the string on these picks . At this point this years draft looks good but we will know more in year two.
    I mean look at the previous years draft and overall it was below average. Yes Pouncey is looking like a future pro bowler but the rest of the draft yielded almost nothing. I still think its poor value to draft a center that high no matter how good he is.
    Trading away Vontae was about more than dollars & cents. It was mostly about his unwillingness to work hard- we all got a glimpse of that. He was not willing to give his all for this staff, so it was better to part ways and aquire a 2nd for him at that moment rather than to have the whole NFL see himtotally regress this season and the Dolphins not be able to get anything for him. True it left us with a void at corner, but i doubt we woulda been any better had Vontae been playing for us this year. Yes, Ireland drafted him in the 1st round and only ended up getting a 2nd rounder out of him, which can be credited as poor drafting on his part (& remember i think Ireland shouldnt be back next year). if Ireland does end up getting fired at season's end, the trade looks even better because it equips our new GM with a load of ammunition to fix this team.... idk, thats just the way i'm looking at things
    Quote Quote