Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    I understand, and if Reggie wanted to be here, he would have signed. He obviously wanted to play with Luck, not with Moore going into free agency. I think RT has shown enough that WRs will want to be down here.
    u have to make an offer for a guy to agree
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    u have to make an offer for a guy to agree
    It seems like it was a youth movement by him and Philbin. But we were all set with Ocho (HAHA)
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I use the edit button often.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My biggest issue with Ireland this offseason was his lack of vision in free agency and the draft at key positions. We trade away the problematic pro bowl receiver that he should not have traded for in the first place then decides there is no reason to try to fill his position with any decent players. Then he trades away a solid NFL cornerback and also decides we need no depth there. Now we go into a game with the Bills with playoff implications(very, very ,very slight but not the point) and we are trotting out a bunch of receivers best suited for the practice squad as well as a plethora of corners that have been cut all around the league. As bad as the AFC has been this year just actually addressing these positions with even the slightest bit of actual talent we could have possibly been a playoff team. Its fine that we have some extra draft picks next year(odds are that the late second round pick will probably not be a better player than Davis and Egnew for marshall is pretty lopsided so far and u probably can bet his career wont be close to Marshall) but they could have easily fielded a better team this year. Dont worry Locke Im waiting on your no thanks but please explain how Im wrong for this viewpoint when you do it. We could have drafted a WR over a third rb or TE or addressed CB but we didnt.
    once again, take it to Joe philbin. He didnt want Marshall here. He was ok with Nono for a while. He doesnt have "alpha" receivers. We traded Vontae cus he was a head case the last year (remember Marshall giving him crap? of all people giving character crap out to others no less.....) and it continued into Hard Knocks for the whole world to see he was at practice hungover. Philbin doesnt want guys like that on his team. If he can get good trade value for him. Great! We're moving into the future with a real plan. One that will set up up strong for a long time, not just a year or two.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate the fact that he's probably going to be back for yet another year but I have to admit that I rather have him in office for one more year than the fact another guy is going to be in office for another 4 years.....I can see one man being wrong(Ross)but hard to believe so many millions could be wrong about wanting the same guy back......

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    youre making a lot of assumptions. You cant plug every hole immediately. yes, we're thin at WR & DB, but sometimes you dont take the best available now if you feel like there's better options next year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    once again, take it to Joe philbin. He didnt want Marshall here. He was ok with Nono for a while. He doesnt have "alpha" receivers. We traded Vontae cus he was a head case the last year (remember Marshall giving him crap? of all people giving character crap out to others no less.....) and it continued into Hard Knocks for the whole world to see he was at practice hungover. Philbin doesnt want guys like that on his team. If he can get good trade value for him. Great! We're moving into the future with a real plan. One that will set up up strong for a long time, not just a year or two.

So because we are moving forward we should just ignore those positions for this season and have our rookie qb play with practice sqauders. I mean big deal u trade Vontae and Brandon but wouldnt it be smarter to address these positions esp wr in draft. I mean how would this have set back any kind of plan, I think it shows a lack of a plan. So lets say we miss playoffs because of the lack of depth at these positions how is this such a great plan. It would be different if we hadnt had an opportunuty to address receiver but we had all offseason

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psfign View Post
    youre making a lot of assumptions. You cant plug every hole immediately. yes, we're thin at WR & DB, but sometimes you dont take the best available now if you feel like there's better options next year.
    So we could not have drafted a wr over a third back or a third te, i dont get that logic. Please explain to me why you couldnt try to fill these positions
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    My biggest issue with Ireland this offseason was his lack of vision in free agency and the draft at key positions. We trade away the problematic pro bowl receiver that he should not have traded for in the first place then decides there is no reason to try to fill his position with any decent players. Then he trades away a solid NFL cornerback and also decides we need no depth there. Now we go into a game with the Bills with playoff implications(very, very ,very slight but not the point) and we are trotting out a bunch of receivers best suited for the practice squad as well as a plethora of corners that have been cut all around the league. As bad as the AFC has been this year just actually addressing these positions with even the slightest bit of actual talent we could have possibly been a playoff team. Its fine that we have some extra draft picks next year(odds are that the late second round pick will probably not be a better player than Davis and Egnew for marshall is pretty lopsided so far and u probably can bet his career wont be close to Marshall) but they could have easily fielded a better team this year. Dont worry Locke Im waiting on your no thanks but please explain how Im wrong for this viewpoint when you do it. We could have drafted a WR over a third rb or TE or addressed CB but we didnt.
    Good to read something new on Ireland. I have never read this before, other than maybe a few hundred times. However, this is a good thing to have currently posted, as I do sometimes have trouble falling asleep. This will do the trick. lol
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Ireland traded a great WR and didnt replace him, then traded a so-so CB for a 2nd and didnt replace him either... Wow! this thread is full of new Info and ideas!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    Ireland traded a great WR and didnt replace him, then traded a so-so CB for a 2nd and didnt replace him either... Wow! this thread is full of new Info and ideas!
    Well the reason for the thread is we are approaching an important game with slight playoff implications and the lack of wr and cb depth will likely haunt us.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Good to read something new on Ireland. I have never read this before, other than maybe a few hundred times. However, this is a good thing to have currently posted, as I do sometimes have trouble falling asleep. This will do the trick. lol
    Well you had no problem replying but like I said because we have a big game with Buffalo coming and a lack of good wr's this is again an issue right at the very root of why Ireland is not a good gm
    Quote Quote