Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 136

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

  1. -41
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,181
    vCash:
    36645
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    I stopped reading after you called Vontae Davis a solid NFL corner ... what has Vontae done all year? even before he was injured, he was getting torched! peope just need to admit that getting a second for Vontae before his value started to dramatically decline was an indeniable steal for us! granted, Ireland should have had a replacement ready, but i honestly think the secondary would have been worse with Vontae. its very telling when Carroll, Richard Marshall, and Sean Smith were all rated higher then Vontae

    At the time of the trade for his career Davis had been a better corner than MArshall, Carrol and Smith nobody ever said he wasnt a solid corner before he got traded on this board
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post

    The team we're fielding this week has to be in the running for the least talented team of this century. Hell you could probably make that argument even with Bess, Hartline, Thomas, Carroll and Richard Marshall all still in there.

    Thats really quite an accomplishment after having the chance to build for 5 years
    .
    "4th straight losing season"


    "not a single measly playoff win in well over a decade"


    "The dolphins = TOTALLY irrelevant and a laughing stock to any NFL observer over that time period"


    /Thread
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    finitis23's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    254
    vCash:
    1380
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    At the time of the trade for his career Davis had been a better corner than MArshall, Carrol and Smith nobody ever said he wasnt a solid corner before he got traded on this board
    This is true. That's why NO ONE on this board is an NFL GM. You have to AT LEAST give Ireland credit for having the foresight to see that Vontae was not making progress on this team. I mean I'm not an Ireland supporter, I think he should be fired- but still give credit where it is due.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    7,369
    vCash:
    33356
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    This is true. That's why NO ONE on this board is an NFL GM. You have to AT LEAST give Ireland credit for having the foresight to see that Vontae was not making progress on this team. I mean I'm not an Ireland supporter, I think he should be fired- but still give credit where it is due.
    Why would you praise Ireland for trading our best CB leaving us extremely thin at the position, which many of us pointed out could be a potential problem, then as correctly predicted we're left signing scrubs off the street in a desperate attempt to get warm bodies on the field?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    74
    vCash:
    1291
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll say it, Vontae Davis is an immature out of shape CLOWN. Who comes to camp with a new coach and HBO following them around out of shape? Not someone that is too bright...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's the poor drafting and the endless list of poor FA acquisitions.

    2011 is looking like another crappy draft the more we separate with it in time. Pouncey is the only real keeper. Clay is meh, he's undersized for a TE and is just a measly H-back who has serious limitations, can only run a wheel route and thats about it. whooptee doo. Jimmy Wilson is more hot garbage and one of the worst defensive backs we've had over the past 10 years - and we've had a lot of crap back there

    clyde gates ?? 3.5 YPC fumblitis Dan Thomas ??
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    62
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope Irland stays i think he has done a good job not great but good job
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Stability's good if it's working. What good does it do to keep a guy that's been here for 5 years and has done nothing but lose? Philbin and Tannehill are in their first year so we need to keep them but Ireland has to go and 95% of the people on this board agree. Only a few people here think we should keep the guy in charge that has put together one of the worst rosters in recent memory.

    Insanity= doing the same thing and expecting a diferent result.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Worst roster in recent memory? Really, that seems a bit extreme. That worst roster in recent memory is still in the playoff hunt in week 16 of the season. Worst roster in recent history has drafted a Pro Bowl caliber center and a franchise QB with it's most recent 1st round picks. The only 2 drafts that Ireland has had complete control. You are right Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. What the Dolphins have done continually over the last 12 years is fire the coach & fire the FO. And where did it get them? Just when things seem to be moving in the right direction, the best decision is to start all over again? Because 95% of the posters on a fan site believe it, yeah that makes sense.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    21,180
    vCash:
    25293
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeoilSeller View Post
    Worst roster in recent memory? Really, that seems a bit extreme. That worst roster in recent memory is still in the playoff hunt in week 16 of the season. Worst roster in recent history has drafted a Pro Bowl caliber center and a franchise QB with it's most recent 1st round picks. The only 2 drafts that Ireland has had complete control. You are right Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. What the Dolphins have done continually over the last 12 years is fire the coach & fire the FO. And where did it get them? Just when things seem to be moving in the right direction, the best decision is to start all over again? Because 95% of the posters on a fan site believe it, yeah that makes sense.
    How can people forget that one year we had Cleo Lemon and John Beck starting at some point in the season? How does it get any worse than that? Not even AJ Feeley is that bad.





    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    3rdandinches's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,392
    vCash:
    4234
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    It's the poor drafting and the endless list of poor FA acquisitions.

    2011 is looking like another crappy draft the more we separate with it in time. Pouncey is the only real keeper. Clay is meh, he's undersized for a TE and is just a measly H-back who has serious limitations, can only run a wheel route and thats about it. whooptee doo. Jimmy Wilson is more hot garbage and one of the worst defensive backs we've had over the past 10 years - and we've had a lot of crap back there

    clyde gates ?? 3.5 YPC fumblitis Dan Thomas ??
    Nobody will still develop, they're all obviously at their peak right now so it's easy to state how bad of a draft it was/is.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. You #1 reason u hate ireland!!!
    By allsilverdreams in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. What is the major reason behind the decline of the defense?
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland wont address Vick.
    By phinsfan84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. Reason why we will repeat and reason why we wont.
    By CChambers7284 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
  5. Another reason we wont draft a LT this year....
    By hweitz14 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •