Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 136

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

  1. -61
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,329
    vCash:
    26663
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    How can people forget that one year we had Cleo Lemon and John Beck starting at some point in the season? How does it get any worse than that? Not even AJ Feeley is that bad.
    Outside of the QB position its definitely arguable that this is the least talented team in the NFL right now.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,194
    vCash:
    4420
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    ,
    Im sure the lack of talent at wr will hinder Tannehill more than Marshall ever would. Seems like Marshall was fine for Moore's development last year
    Marshall is well known as having been toxic for most of the QB's he's played with INCLUDING Moore last year, and particularly for Henne. If you want to believe otherwise, that's your prerogative, but this season was about developing Tanny, and having a diva WR in his face crying about why he isn't getting the ball more, along with all the other distractions that surround Marshall would not have been good for Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,407
    vCash:
    31017
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Marshall is well known as having been toxic for most of the QB's he's played with INCLUDING Moore last year, and particularly for Henne. If you want to believe otherwise, that's your prerogative, but this season was about developing Tanny, and having a diva WR in his face crying about why he isn't getting the ball more, along with all the other distractions that surround Marshall would not have been good for Ryan.
    do u think actually adding a receiver to replace him would have been a better plan or is that just crazy talk, i mean who cares if tannehill has practice squad players as major receivers now.

    ---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Marshall is well known as having been toxic for most of the QB's he's played with INCLUDING Moore last year, and particularly for Henne. If you want to believe otherwise, that's your prerogative, but this season was about developing Tanny, and having a diva WR in his face crying about why he isn't getting the ball more, along with all the other distractions that surround Marshall would not have been good for Ryan.
    also wouldnt that have made it a mistake for trading for him in first place as i have said
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,194
    vCash:
    4420
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    do u think actually adding a receiver to replace him would have been a better plan or is that just crazy talk, i mean who cares if tannehill has practice squad players as major receivers now.

    ---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------



    also wouldnt that have made it a mistake for trading for him in first place as i have said
    I simply addressed value in my original post in this thread. I already said it was a mistake not finding a replacement (specifically referencing TY Hilton who Ireland supposedly liked but though would fall to him in the 4th Doh!!!). As for trdding for him in the first place obviously it's dumb to do that if he only really seems to work well with Cutler. Of course that's the reason we got him for only 2 2nds to start with. He's a cancer. And yes he's Irelands mistake. Never said he wasn't. I only said the value argument is erroneous.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,329
    vCash:
    26663
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Marshall is well known as having been toxic for most of the QB's he's played with INCLUDING Moore last year, and particularly for Henne. If you want to believe otherwise, that's your prerogative, but this season was about developing Tanny, and having a diva WR in his face crying about why he isn't getting the ball more, along with all the other distractions that surround Marshall would not have been good for Ryan.
    Source? To my knowledge he's only played with 3 QBs: Cutler, Moore and Henne. Cutler obviously loves him, I saw no evidence Moore had an issue with him and Henne is toxic to WRs, not the other way around.

    Not that I have an issue with trading Marshall away, I think he's a bonafied phsycopath. I just don't believe Moore had any issues with him. Not replacing Marhall with at least a good WR is a crime though.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,407
    vCash:
    31017
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    I simply addressed value in my original post in this thread. I already said it was a mistake not finding a replacement (specifically referencing TY Hilton who Ireland supposedly liked but though would fall to him in the 4th Doh!!!). As for trdding for him in the first place obviously it's dumb to do that if he only really seems to work well with Cutler. Of course that's the reason we got him for only 2 2nds to start with. He's a cancer. And yes he's Irelands mistake. Never said he wasn't. I only said the value argument is erroneous.
    I dont agree on the value because there is no evidence we actually shopped him around and we traded him quite early in the offseason.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,329
    vCash:
    26663
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I dont agree on the value because there is no evidence we actually shopped him around and we traded him quite early in the offseason.
    Not only that but we could have kept him for the season and traded him this offseason for at least a second or third anyway
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,407
    vCash:
    31017
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Not only that but we could have kept him for the season and traded him this offseason for at least a second or third anyway
    Well that would held back our receivers and relegated them to unemployment or some other teams practice squad
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,194
    vCash:
    4420
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Source? To my knowledge he's only played with 3 QBs: Cutler, Moore and Henne. Cutler obviously loves him, I saw no evidence Moore had an issue with him and Henne is toxic to WRs, not the other way around.

    Not that I have an issue with trading Marshall away, I think he's a bonafied phsycopath. I just don't believe Moore had any issues with him. Not replacing Marhall with at least a good WR is a crime though.
    Do you really think Moore was OK with Marshall's complaints at the Pro-Bowl last year? They aren't viscous, but you would hardly call it supporting Moore: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...-of-his/nL3fp/

    Most of my opinion on Marshall's attitude is based of Joe Rose's commentary on him which is far from glowing, and Rose is around the team every week during the year.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,407
    vCash:
    31017
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Do you really think Moore was OK with Marshall's complaints at the Pro-Bowl last year? They aren't viscous, but you would hardly call it supporting Moore: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...-of-his/nL3fp/

    Most of my opinion on Marshall's attitude is based of Joe Rose's commentary on him which is far from glowing, and Rose is around the team every week during the year.
    I wonder what Rose thinks of Ireland lack of regard for putting a wr and cb unit on the field
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. You #1 reason u hate ireland!!!
    By allsilverdreams in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. What is the major reason behind the decline of the defense?
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  3. Jeff Ireland wont address Vick.
    By phinsfan84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. Reason why we will repeat and reason why we wont.
    By CChambers7284 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
  5. Another reason we wont draft a LT this year....
    By hweitz14 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •