Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Juat another major reason that Ireland should be let go( I know he wont)

1. -71
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I dont agree on the value because there is no evidence we actually shopped him around and we traded him quite early in the offseason.
    Denver shopped him hard and we only paid 2 2nds for him. That was because he's a liability off the field and in the locker room. When we traded him he was 2 years deeper into his career, and one strike closer to a one year suspension for his off-field bs. Both those factors do affect his value.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I wonder what Rose thinks of Ireland lack of regard for putting a wr and cb unit on the field
    Two completely different arguments. I've already said I agree those are issues. Rose also thinks Marshall and Davis should have been traded when they were traded.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its not like we had Marsall and his skills were declining, we still had a major cap hit from Marshall and a huge hole at wr. Marshall is having a pro bowl season and we traded him for much less than value and didnt even try to replace his production. He wasnt even really shopped we just panicked and jumped on the Chicago offer. As for the Vontae Davis trade I have no problem to a degree with the value we got, my problem was it took away all depth at corner and none of the guys we kept were better than him. He actually did work that trade and got maximum value he thought he could get. The problem is most likely u wont get a player of Davis's talent late first round. I would probably give Ireland some credit if he had made any decent effort to replace the production of Marshall instead of giving us the worst third wr production in the league.
    I agree 100% with needing someone to replace Marshall, but I believe that trade was made because of opportunity. I think they would have cut him if Chicago hadn't stepped up. There is a chance they thought to replace Marshal with a better group of receivers instead of 1 player and obviously it didn't work out.

I don't believe they had any intention on trading VD, then he comes into camp out of shape, he starts to play lousy and doesn't respond well to the coaches...once again an opportunity presents itself with Indy and Ireland is making a great trade by getting a 2nd. VD's play in INDY for the most part has proven Ireland correct.

I don't see how replacing the GM will help us right now. We just hired a new coach with a completely different offense for completely different players. I have zero interest in hiring a new GM that potentially wants a new coach a different QB or anything else different. I'm willing to give Ireland a chance to draft players JP wants and if that means dumping BP/TS type players like J.Long than so be it. Get the players JP needs to be successful and give everyone the time to do it. This offseason with the cap room and the draft picks will say a lot to the direction we are headed and I'm willing to see what they do.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Denver shopped him hard and we only paid 2 2nds for him. That was because he's a liability off the field and in the locker room. When we traded him he was 2 years deeper into his career, and one strike closer to a one year suspension for his off-field bs. Both those factors do affect his value.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Two completely different arguments. I've already said I agree those are issues. Rose also thinks Marshall and Davis should have been traded when they were traded.
    Actually Marshall was a model citizen with us compared to Denver although he is still a scumbag and I know in my heart that Ross ordered Marshall traded we just did not do our due dilegence in getting best value.
    I dont agree with trading either player if u dont have a plan at the position which we didnt. No way our secondary should be so bad on depth that aguy picked up in week 14 would be our starter esp a marginal at best player like Patterson. And look at the crap we have at receiver outside of Hartline and Bess. Trade away but have a plan when u do, which we didnt. Thus the heart of my Ireland should be gone arguement.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually Marshall was a model citizen with us compared to Denver although he is still a scumbag and I know in my heart that Ross ordered Marshall traded we just did not do our due dilegence in getting best value.
    I dont agree with trading either player if u dont have a plan at the position which we didnt. No way our secondary should be so bad on depth that aguy picked up in week 14 would be our starter esp a marginal at best player like Patterson. And look at the crap we have at receiver outside of Hartline and Bess. Trade away but have a plan when u do, which we didnt. Thus the heart of my Ireland should be gone arguement.
    Thats one of my biggest issue with Ireland in a nutshell, he either doesn't think two steps ahead or if he actually does plan his plans are ****ty.

The running back situation from last season was a head scratcher, it goes from a position of strength to dumping everybody, panicking in the draft and trading up for Thomas then working out retirees like Tiki Barber and Jerome Bettis.

Why did we take a DT in the first in 2010 when that was our deepest position. Odrick gets hurt in his first game and hey, it turns out we didn't need another DT.

What in the hell is the plan for Jake Long? If he walks for nothing its a disaster but if we pay him market value its also a dsaster.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Outside of the QB position its definitely arguable that this is the least talented team in the NFL right now.
    And yet somehow the Fins still have a shot at the playoffs. 14 other teams do not. So that means Philbin should be Coach of Year?!
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    I agree 100% with needing someone to replace Marshall, but I believe that trade was made because of opportunity. I think they would have cut him if Chicago hadn't stepped up. There is a chance they thought to replace Marshal with a better group of receivers instead of 1 player and obviously it didn't work out.

I don't believe they had any intention on trading VD, then he comes into camp out of shape, he starts to play lousy and doesn't respond well to the coaches...once again an opportunity presents itself with Indy and Ireland is making a great trade by getting a 2nd. VD's play in INDY for the most part has proven Ireland correct.

I don't see how replacing the GM will help us right now. We just hired a new coach with a completely different offense for completely different players. I have zero interest in hiring a new GM that potentially wants a new coach a different QB or anything else different. I'm willing to give Ireland a chance to draft players JP wants and if that means dumping BP/TS type players like J.Long than so be it. Get the players JP needs to be successful and give everyone the time to do it. This offseason with the cap room and the draft picks will say a lot to the direction we are headed and I'm willing to see what they do.
    So u wouldnt want a gm that would have to actual foresight and plan to actually fill a hole he helped create. I mean it is not a suprise to anyone we have lack of talent at wr and cb so why should it be to him. There was nothing preventing him from drafting a wr over a third te or rb or actually signing one.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland brought in Richard Marshall, which made Vontae expendable and he traded him away.

Ireland should have known about Marshall going on IR I suppose.
    5 r
    If you are judging Ireland for ONE year then yes, he made a mistake not bringing in a WR. But sadly, this just isn't a 1 year league. He traded for FUTURE picks as well, that should show you he's making long term plans. I'd rather he get it right and take two years than rush and give up the farm in trade for some WR. If he brings in Jennings + a high draft pick WR would that be satisfactory?

It's no mystery that this should have been viewed as a rebuilding year. We had a rookie QB, a rookie HC, and were going to play over 5 rookies starting on this team. Stop with this short sightedness. Attack Ireland for not drafting a true playmaker. Attack Ireland for giving Jake Grove lots of money. DO not attack for sticking to a multi year plan looking for key talent.

Do attack him for drafting that crap Egnew though. I wanted Sanu there instead, but it appears I was wrong about Ty Hilton (as were 31 other teams)
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Marshall is well known as having been toxic for most of the QB's he's played with INCLUDING Moore last year, and particularly for Henne. If you want to believe otherwise, that's your prerogative, but this season was about developing Tanny, and having a diva WR in his face crying about why he isn't getting the ball more, along with all the other distractions that surround Marshall would not have been good for Ryan.
    I disagree. We got rid of Marshall well before Tannehill was drafted and listed as the starter. Had Garrard not gotten hurt, he would be starting on opening day. Marshall could've been Garrards problem possibly.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Ireland brought in Richard Marshall, which made Vontae expendable and he traded him away.

Ireland should have known about Marshall going on IR I suppose.
    5 r
    If you are judging Ireland for ONE year then yes, he made a mistake not bringing in a WR. But sadly, this just isn't a 1 year league. He traded for FUTURE picks as well, that should show you he's making long term plans. I'd rather he get it right and take two years than rush and give up the farm in trade for some WR. If he brings in Jennings + a high draft pick WR would that be satisfactory?

It's no mystery that this should have been viewed as a rebuilding year. We had a rookie QB, a rookie HC, and were going to play over 5 rookies starting on this team. Stop with this short sightedness. Attack Ireland for not drafting a true playmaker. Attack Ireland for giving Jake Grove lots of money. DO not attack for sticking to a multi year plan looking for key talent.

Do attack him for drafting that crap Egnew though. I wanted Sanu there instead, but it appears I was wrong about Ty Hilton (as were 31 other teams)
    What about Marshall career would suggest he was a good starting NFL corner. The problem is Ireland never has a plan look at receiver and corner to show u that
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Why would you praise Ireland for trading our best CB leaving us extremely thin at the position, which many of us pointed out could be a potential problem, then as correctly predicted we're left signing scrubs off the street in a desperate attempt to get warm bodies on the field?
    So you would rather have no extra 2nd round pick and Vontae lined up out there getting torched (if he is not injured)? But then if Vontae didnt get traded and that happened, you guys would still bash Ireland. Its a never ending cycle.
    Quote Quote