Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    It's mentally staggering how powerful the American media truly is. They've been brainwashing poor people and the simple-minded for years now. And these people are the ones voting for our leaders and helping strip away our freedoms one by one by one.

These people aren't intelligent enough to think for themselves so they park their fat asses in front of their televisions and let people tell them what's wrong with the world around them. It's that we waste our time and money fighting the wrong issues. This stuff never happened before until the last 15 years or so. Now, all of a sudden, it's the guns fault.

That's the problem with a lot of people. They look for the quick fix rather than addressing the true problems at hand because it's easier. People are so mentally lazy so they just point fingers until something sticks.
    The true problem, gun manufacturers control of politicians.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Yea, its such a common scenario.

2:03 mark.... "Youre door was left open." "I know. I like to encourage entruders."

As I type this I notice my sliding glass door on the back porch is unlocked. I tell you what. Im about to go to sleep in a bit. I will leave it unlocked. This is not uncommon for me. I dont think the front door is locked either. I never check to be honest. I own no gun. Anyone who dares to enter...... go for it. Now, if you have a gun, Im screwed. I basically will let you take what you wish. Im not a poor. I can easily replace most items. Now, if you have come to harm my family, youre going to have to shoot me. If you dont, Im coming right for you and your gun at some point. So be prepared to fire it.

Thing is, I dont think anyone wishes to harm me or my family. At least not anyone I know of. Most of the time, its people you know who do such a thing. I guess if a family member or friend went ape **** and had their mind set on harming us, then they are going to at some point whether its in my home or at theirs etc etc etc. It dosent have to be at night while Im sleeping.

If were talking a random stranger.... that **** is so rare that I cant concern myself with it. Thats just bad luck. Who storms into peoples home with motives to do harm like that? Strangers. The Night Stalker Richard Ramirez? Yea, that **** happens sometimes. There are evil scumbags like him. I dont think anything like that has ever happened in this town though. Anyone who has been killed in a home invasion Im pretty sure its been people they know. Most of the time that stuff happens its because people associate with bad people or are involved in illegal activities themselves. Im in the clear there.

Im just not scared. I guess you think we all should be, but Im sorry Im just not. I cant worry about Ted Bundy visiting my home. He wasnt interested in men anyway. Most deranged serial killers like that have a type. I cant think of another home invader who killed random families like that other than Richard Ramirez. Im sure there are others. Again, Im just not worried about it though.

So if someone wants to come in with a gun and steal my stuff.... be my guest. I will survive. Im not going to introduce a gun into the situation. All that does is up the ante. The intruder then fears for his life and is much more likely to fire his weapon. I dont want anyone firing a gun in my home. Take my stuff. I will get new stuff. I only have one life though. I only have one wife and two kids. They arent replaceable.

Now, if you dont have a gun and you enter my home with bad intentions....... you just ****ed up. You may want to rush quick before I rise up out of my bed. I am a light sleeper. Its going to help if you know the layout of my home and can get to me before I realize whats happening. Because if I get up before you bash me over the head with some blunt object, its going to be a rough evening for you. I know the layout of my home and can get around very easily in the dark. I know where all types of weapons are and how to get to them. I have a couple of things close by my bed I could easily defend myself with against whatever it is you have that isnt a gun.

Basically, Im going to be just fine. I dont need a gun. I want nothing to do with them. You gun nuts can shoot yourselves all you want. Just leave me out of it. Im not frieghtened by the almost non existant possibility of a home invader entering my house with a gun. There is probably a better chance I get shot in some public place that is supposed to be safe and peaceful just because you gun nuts wont put your weapons away.
    Great post.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Assault Rifle: (noun) a pejorative term used by the media to describe any semi-automatic firearm used in a "news-worhty" event as a means To dramaticize the message.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    Assault Rifle: (noun) a pejorative term used by the media to describe any semi-automatic firearm used in a "news-worhty" event as a means To dramaticize the message.
    Giving the fact that 97% or more of gun crimes/murders involve handguns. And the overwhelming majority of these mass shootings involve handguns. Why don't we call handguns "Assault" weapons????

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even though I'm not Religious and do not celebrate Christmas or exchange gifts, etc., I hope all of you received an AR-15 this morning!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if an anti-gun goober received an AR-15 for Christmas and is planning a New Year's Eve massacre just so they can help further their silly cause for anti-gun laws. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. It takes those kind of people to pull off some of these shootings...not the guns themselves.

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Even though I'm not Religious and do not celebrate Christmas or exchange gifts, etc., I hope all of you received an AR-15 this morning!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if an anti-gun goober received an AR-15 for Christmas and is planning a New Year's Eve massacre just so they can help further their silly cause for anti-gun laws. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. It takes those kind of people to pull off some of these shootings...not the guns themselves.

I got gifts. I have family members that love me. LOL at people that dont celebrate Christmas. I got a nice Dolphins hoodie and my belly is full of turkey, mashed potatoes and iced tea. Im about to go play poker and get drunk because its acceptable to get drunk at 3PM today.

GOAT holiday. Did not receive an AR-15 though

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only one who can stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I got gifts. I have family members that love me. LOL at people that dont celebrate Christmas. I got a nice Dolphins hoodie and my belly is full of turkey, mashed potatoes and iced tea. Im about to go play poker and get drunk because its acceptable to get drunk at 3PM today.

GOAT holiday. Did not receive an AR-15 though
    No AR-15 for me either. My Dad gave me $75 which is a lot more than he's ever given me for Christmas. That's it. That's all I got...and I felt real bad for taking that.

I use Christmas for the paid days off. This year I actually got the holidays off seeing as how usually I'm on-call and will be forced to go into the office for something incredibly dumb.

New Year's is my favorite. I typically get a very nice vacation out of it. Seattle bound this weekend. Can't wait.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Probably due to its relative size. Small handgun=toy gun; big gun=murdering machine. Thats how it looks in the publics eye. Little do they know a .500 magnum revolver is probably one of the strongest and dangerous weapon to have around. That little thing could probably bring down a horse

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Btw merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone. Hope yall have a good time with your family and friends! And hopefully well be talking playoffs this time come next year!
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect23 View Post
    The only one who can stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun
    Ahh, we have another gun manufacturer supporter.
    Quote Quote