Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
Thats not true really. If we are talking about distances of 15 feet of less (which is the range youll most likely be defending yourself in) youre talking about a few inches of spread. Sure, its more than nothing, but its not going to turn a bad shot into a hit. I know you are probably pretty good with guns being ex-military and law enforcement, but shotguns arent magic things that turn good shots into bad.

The point I was trying to make was this...it doesnt take accuracy when shooting a shotgun as compared to shooting a rifle or pistol. The reason was NOT the amount of how far the spread would be, and like u said it is smaller at a shorter distance. Which is exactly proving my point. By comparison, a shotgun vs. .22 cal....a shotgun has knock down/stopping power at almost any place it hits. Whereas the .22 has to be pinpoint accurate to have knock down/stopping power. The point u make by saying the spread pattern is smaller is absolutley correct but it proves my point even moreso. By the pattern staying closer together, it creates more power and more damage where it comes in contact. Plain and simple, more bang for the buck the closer u are with a shotgun. Its like comparing a pocket knife to a big ass sword, with the shotgun being the sword of course.