Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    So since I don't have a chance to get my gun then I shouldn't have one???

Is that really your arguement??

Ever heard of a dog?? Best thing for home defense along with an AR-15. It's about having the best weapon available to defend your home against intruders. Home invasions happen everyday in this country. Why can't I have the best option available to defend myself??
    I'm sure the mother of that murderer thought the same thing. Yet, he took her guns and killed
    20 innocent kids.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    I'm sure the mother of that murderer thought the same thing. Yet, he took her guns and killed
    20 innocent kids.
    Well, she's a dumbass for giving her crazy kid access to those weapons. Kid was a weirdo and everyone knew it. You don't leave weapons out for weirdos to access easily. Weirdo shouldn't have even know about them. It's her fault for being so careless and being a poor parent.

I seen a kid at Best Buy throw a mean tantrum in the middle of the store. Kids was crying his eyes out and started doing snow angels in the floor as the parent just walked off. That kid will grow up to be a weirdo.

I thought about running that kid down in the parking lot to prevent a future shooting. But I was hungry so I left.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    20 innocent kids.
    She's a dumbass that shouldn't have had those guns out with a crazy ass son. That shouldn't take away from the overwhelming majority of us that are responsible with our weapons. You're the guy that wants punish everyone for the actions of a few. Even with your kumbaya utopia, people will still die and the criminals have the best weapons. No thanks I prefer the Bill Of Rights.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post

Totally stealing that. Awesome!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    His entire argument is based on the incorrect notion that he is going to end up in a gun fight with someone carrying an AR-15. Unless he is Scarface and the home invasion is meant to take his gigantic pile of cocaine, I don't see why he thinks anyone is going to show up with any sort of assault rifle at his home. If he is in a gun fight, the other people are going to have handguns. I'd bet that's true 999 out of 1,000 times...
    Id rather just avoid being in a gun fight altogether. This fact is a large reason I conduct myself in such a manner that tends to keep me out of such situations. I obey laws. I dont socialize with people who engage in activities that have a tendacy to lead to gun battles. I educated myself and positioned my family in a nice neighborhood that is almost completely void of crime.

And for the most part, I keep away from guns. After all, its difficult to be in a gun fight if you dont own a gun yourself, but also arent around anyone who has a gun. I will let the gun nuts shoot each other. In the meantime, I will be hanging out in my home within the pleasant neighborhood, watching football and hanging out with my wife and children.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Plus
    in order to defend yourself with a weapon you have to have that weapon ready to go before you are actually threatened by another weapon. If a home invasion occurs and someone has already pointed a gun at you (single revolver or bazooka) you will not be able to draw your gun or bazooka. So it really doesnt matter what kind of weapon you have.

And if you need to defend yourself you either threaten the other person first or shoot first. In that moment it really does not matter what type of gun the defending party has or the intruder.

The only scenario in which you need to have an assault rifle for self defense is in a wild shoot out but I doubt that these people coming into your house with AR-15s (or whatever) are concerned about stealing your silver ware anyways. You have much bigger problems or issues.

This "I have a right to defend myself against tyranny" may have been valid some 200 years ago when the choice of weapons was on an even footing with a possible tyranny government but today....
    What are you going to do with an AR-15 against today's modern weaponry any tyrant would have access too?

Or how do criminals get illegal access to AR-15s and the like? By stealing it from owners or places who sell them. Just as anybody can buy them because these weapons are accessible any criminal can steal them from places who has them. So in essence the legal owners of SR-15s and the likes and the shops who sell them legally are largely responsible in the first place for any criminal to have this type of weapon.

In my opinion the only reason to have this type of weapon is to artificially inflate an already weak ego and/or to hide the lack of shooting ability.
    Nicely done.

Unfortunately, like most Americans these days, common sense and simply logic will not work well with most of this crowd.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    It would be around a 2% or 3% chance. It doesn't have to be an "assault" rifle. What if it's 2 or 3 guys all packing 9mm handguns. An AR-15 would greatly increase your chances of successfully defending your home against multiple enemies with guns. Home invasions happen everyday in this country and have been on the rise. Having the best defense rifle to defend against such a scenario would be the best choice and it happens to be our right too.
    Yea, its such a common scenario.

2:03 mark.... "Youre door was left open." "I know. I like to encourage entruders."

As I type this I notice my sliding glass door on the back porch is unlocked. I tell you what. Im about to go to sleep in a bit. I will leave it unlocked. This is not uncommon for me. I dont think the front door is locked either. I never check to be honest. I own no gun. Anyone who dares to enter...... go for it. Now, if you have a gun, Im screwed. I basically will let you take what you wish. Im not a poor. I can easily replace most items. Now, if you have come to harm my family, youre going to have to shoot me. If you dont, Im coming right for you and your gun at some point. So be prepared to fire it.

Thing is, I dont think anyone wishes to harm me or my family. At least not anyone I know of. Most of the time, its people you know who do such a thing. I guess if a family member or friend went ape **** and had their mind set on harming us, then they are going to at some point whether its in my home or at theirs etc etc etc. It dosent have to be at night while Im sleeping.

If were talking a random stranger.... that **** is so rare that I cant concern myself with it. Thats just bad luck. Who storms into peoples home with motives to do harm like that? Strangers. The Night Stalker Richard Ramirez? Yea, that **** happens sometimes. There are evil scumbags like him. I dont think anything like that has ever happened in this town though. Anyone who has been killed in a home invasion Im pretty sure its been people they know. Most of the time that stuff happens its because people associate with bad people or are involved in illegal activities themselves. Im in the clear there.

Im just not scared. I guess you think we all should be, but Im sorry Im just not. I cant worry about Ted Bundy visiting my home. He wasnt interested in men anyway. Most deranged serial killers like that have a type. I cant think of another home invader who killed random families like that other than Richard Ramirez. Im sure there are others. Again, Im just not worried about it though.

So if someone wants to come in with a gun and steal my stuff.... be my guest. I will survive. Im not going to introduce a gun into the situation. All that does is up the ante. The intruder then fears for his life and is much more likely to fire his weapon. I dont want anyone firing a gun in my home. Take my stuff. I will get new stuff. I only have one life though. I only have one wife and two kids. They arent replaceable.

Now, if you dont have a gun and you enter my home with bad intentions....... you just ****ed up. You may want to rush quick before I rise up out of my bed. I am a light sleeper. Its going to help if you know the layout of my home and can get to me before I realize whats happening. Because if I get up before you bash me over the head with some blunt object, its going to be a rough evening for you. I know the layout of my home and can get around very easily in the dark. I know where all types of weapons are and how to get to them. I have a couple of things close by my bed I could easily defend myself with against whatever it is you have that isnt a gun.

Basically, Im going to be just fine. I dont need a gun. I want nothing to do with them. You gun nuts can shoot yourselves all you want. Just leave me out of it. Im not frieghtened by the almost non existant possibility of a home invader entering my house with a gun. There is probably a better chance I get shot in some public place that is supposed to be safe and peaceful just because you gun nuts wont put your weapons away.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i got plenty of guns, in the gaming virtual world, i got every gun you can think off and it only cost me 60 bux!! wanna feel like macho man wit guns? do it on bf3 xbox 360 and not risk peoples lives by having miltary weapons in your home. for your personal satisfaction.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK guys I've shut my mouth on this topic out of respect for the victims. The congress man that said now is not the time to talk about gun control was right, let the community morn and let's figure out why, now is the time for grieving. The time to talk about gun control will come soon however, a few months from now open the talks.

That being said I'm pro gun, all the way. I am also pro freedom and under no circumstances will I ever support legislation to limit those freedoms. So you say why would you need assault type weapons and the freedom to own the. The founding fathers had muskets in mind when that amendment was placed into the constitution.

Well the speed limit is usually anywhere from 55mph to 65mph on the interstate systems and cars hands down kill more people so why do we produce cars that will travel faster than 65mph? We as citizen have no right to drive faster than 65mph due to traffic laws, so why not limit those cars that go faster than 65mph to trained professionals with a need to use those cars for work?

It is an absurd notion right? But it would save lives for sure, so why not do it? That 100,000 dollar car would be so costly to insure if we limited it to 65mph.

So as completely asinine as that automobile comparison is it leads to one thing, the limitations of freedoms and the slippery slope you start to climb as you limit them. I know I know I hear you guys who start using countries like England etc...as examples for regulation laws it didn't stop a guy Derrick Bird in 2010. What people fail to see about the UK is that in every statistical category except murder. Crime is much more ramped in England than in the US and as early as 2004 England was kicking are ass in crime despite the most restrictive gun laws in the world. So while I agree it reduced the murder rate it did nothing for crime which they are ranked 3rd in compared to the US at 15th.

I have no problem limiting high volume magazines, even I will coincide there is no reason to own mags over 15 rounds. There are also many many many things we can continue to do around education and guns. We educate our children on everything else from sex to driving but we overlook the glaring need to educate them on something as important as guns. It is amazing to me that we choose to turn a blind eye to that glaring hole and especially a topic that it solely responsible for shaping modern world history.

So maybe it isn't guns that are the end all fix all to the US problems, maybe the real end all fix all to the problems in the US is educating the populous so that "we" as a society can make informed level headed decisions and not reactionary decisions based on emotion.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote