Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

1. -51
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    What if, what if. Are we talking about an extract from the movie TAKEN or something that happens in reality?
    Reality is home invasions happen everyday in this country. Prove me otherwise.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Reality is home invasions happen everyday in this country. Prove me otherwise.
    What percentage involve three or more people?
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What percentage involve three or more people?
    Does it matter???

1 or 2 is more than enough. Splitting hairs there buddy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Does it matter???

1 or 2 is more than enough. Splitting hairs there buddy.
    Of course it matters. Your whole point about justifying semi automatics was the scenario of 3 intruders. I highly doubt anyone out for burglary will have an army of people with them if they want to get in and out as quietly as possibly. In other words, it's just another red herring by the pro gun supporters. I'm sure cases exist but are nothing in comparison to the amount of people killed with semis etc.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course it matters. Your whole point about justifying semi automatics was the scenario of 3 intruders. I highly doubt anyone out for burglary will have an army of people with them if they want to get in and out as quietly as possibly. In other words, it's just another red herring by the pro gun supporters. I'm sure cases exist but are nothing in comparison to the amount of people killed with semis etc.
    Does it really matter if 2 guys with guns or a few guys with guns invade my home??? Something that happens everyday by the way.

Either way I'm f***ed unless I have the ability to defend myself against such a daily threat. You want to take away that right and make me a victim??? I say the constitution and bill of rights has it correct and that's it's my right as a human being to bear the arms to defend myself and family against those that invade and attack me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One day the fact this country has more guns per capita than any other (at least modern countries) will finally result in less overall crime and gun murders right? The fact we have more than twenty to thirty times the gun related homicides than countries in Europe will eventually come down as we arm more and more more people and others up their personal arsenals to the size of a small army (totally for protection).
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Does it really matter if 2 guys with guns or a few guys with guns invade my home??? Something that happens everyday by the way.

Either way I'm f***ed unless I have the ability to defend myself against such a daily threat. You want to take away that right and make me a victim??? I say the constitution and bill of rights has it correct and that's it's my right as a human being to bear the arms to defend myself and family against those that invade and attack me.
    Youre really a freightened little man arent you.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Youre really a freightened little man arent you.
    One could argue that the people so quick to give up their rights for the perceived cause of safety are the scared little men.

Spy on my internet searches? I've got nothing to hide! Detain citizens indefinitely w/out trial? I'm no terrorist! Take my guns? Please do I'm s-s-scared of guns!

You know the type.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insom187 View Post
    One day the fact this country has more guns per capita than any other (at least modern countries) will finally result in less overall crime and gun murders right? The fact we have more than twenty to thirty times the gun related homicides than countries in Europe will eventually come down as we arm more and more more people and others up their personal arsenals to the size of a small army (totally for protection).
    Homicide rates have been steadily dropping for decades as gun ownership has risen. In fact, they've dropped since the assault weapons ban expired.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    One could argue that the people so quick to give up their rights for the perceived cause of safety are the scared little men.

Spy on my internet searches? I've got nothing to hide! Detain citizens indefinitely w/out trial? I'm no terrorist! Take my guns? Please do I'm s-s-scared of guns!

You know the type.
    Great post.

What's been frightening to me is how biased and ridiculously dishonest the news media has been on this issue.

There was an article yesterday titled "lake Ontario gunman used same weapon as Newtown shooter" but upon reading the article they said that all they knew was that some bystanders thought it sounded like a semi automatic weapon. It's ridiculous how hard the media is trying to avoid having any kind of honest debate. There are thousands of educated, intelligent people to bring on for debate but they just show a few Lapierre clips and chuckle at how stupid pro-gun people are.
    Quote Quote