Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

1. -61
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Yes, I am against gun manufacturers running the government.
    I thought Big Oil ran the government? Or was it the Illuminati? Or the Pentavarate? I guess you really can't tell the players without a program

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Does it really matter if 2 guys with guns or a few guys with guns invade my home??? Something that happens everyday by the way.

Either way I'm f***ed unless I have the ability to defend myself against such a daily threat. You want to take away that right and make me a victim??? I say the constitution and bill of rights has it correct and that's it's my right as a human being to bear the arms to defend myself and family against those that invade and attack me.
    No, take your shot gun and defend however you want in your house.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I thought Big Oil ran the government? Or was it the Illuminati? Or the Pentavarate? I guess you really can't tell the players without a program
    See my follow up post for clarification.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Homicide rates have been steadily dropping for decades as gun ownership has risen. In fact, they've dropped since the assault weapons ban expired.
    Mainly because of the Roe v Wade decision.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Mainly because of the Roe v Wade decision.
    That's just a theory. Even if true it's usually incorrect to attribute something to just one factor.

Funny how the anti gun nuts will use the data that supports their cause but then ignore facts such as the declining murder rate as gun ownership increased. More guns may not equal less crime but it definitely doesn't mean more crime or more murder.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's just a theory. Even if true it's usually incorrect to attribute something to just one factor.

Funny how the anti gun nuts will use the data that supports their cause but then ignore facts such as the declining murder rate as gun ownership increased. More guns may not equal less crime but it definitely doesn't mean more crime or more murder.
    I would also add that the majority of gun crimes in this country are related to the War On Drugs too. Very similar to the gun crimes and murders during prohibition.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

6. -66

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    No, take your shot gun and defend however you want in your house.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

See my follow up post for clarification.
    So semi-automatic weapons are the devil yet shotguns which do far more damage are fine and dandy. Seems legit. Gun control arguments are retarded. Fact of the matter is "assault weapons" very, very rarely kill people. Handguns kill people all the time. They're far more deadly than "assault weapons" because they're concealable, maneuverable/easier to aim, can pump out rounds just as fast, and not to mention, at the ranges the vast majority of shootings occur, many pistol rounds as effective as a 5.56 NATO rifle round. Shotguns kill more than "assault weapons". So do knives. Let's just ban all of those to make liberals happy. Who cares if 99% of legal gun owners don't kill people. Who cares if criminals get their firearms illegally meaning a ban won't affect them whatsoever anyways. The more freedoms the government takes away the better...
    Last edited by Clipse; 12-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The illusion of safety. I'm sure the Mexican cartels are already building gun smuggling networks.

I moved away from the Republican Party mostly because of their faith-based policies, which are appalling to me. The democrats' blind faith in government is even scarier when it comes to this issue.

Prohibition has never worked. Where a demand for a product exists, someone will find a way to feed that demand. They are disarming the wrong people and skirting the real issues here- a lack of access to mental health resources and the prevalence of violence across all forms of media.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The illusion of safety. I'm sure the Mexican cartels are already building gun smuggling networks.
    I moved away from the Republican Party mostly because of their faith-based policies, which are appalling to me. The democrats' blind faith in government is even scarier when it comes to this issue.

Prohibition has never worked. Where a demand for a product exists, someone will find a way to feed that demand. They are disarming the wrong people and skirting the real issues here- a lack of access to mental health resources and the prevalence of violence across all forms of media.
    WAIT!!! That's it. Fast and Furious was just about Holder being a Doomsday Prepper for the US and storing our guns in Mexico. The only guys he could find to handle such a stockpile was the cartels. After The Bride of Feinsten disarms every law abiding US citizen, we will all be able to go to mexico and buy back some US arms......NAFTA at work if you will

BRILLIANT!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    So semi-automatic weapons are the devil yet shotguns which do far more damage are fine and dandy. Seems legit. Gun control arguments are retarded. Fact of the matter is "assault weapons" very, very rarely kill people. Handguns kill people all the time. They're far more deadly than "assault weapons" because they're concealable, maneuverable/easier to aim, can pump out rounds just as fast, and not to mention, at the ranges the vast majority of shootings occur, many pistol rounds as effective as a 5.56 NATO rifle round. Shotguns kill more than "assault weapons". So do knives. Let's just ban all of those to make liberals happy. Who cares if 99% of legal gun owners don't kill people. Who cares if criminals get their firearms illegally meaning a ban won't affect them whatsoever anyways. The more freedoms the government takes away the better...
    Good post. It's always funny to me that the weapon that rarely kills people in this country gets called the "assault" weapon. While handguns account for over 97% off all gun murders in the country. Further proof of how things get manipulated and twisted by politicians and the media. Public Enemy's song "Don't Believe The Hype" is playing in the background. Like you said 99% of gun owners follow the law and don't kill people especially those armed with Semi-Automatic Rifles(the proper term).
    Quote Quote