Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Believe In A Playoff Miracle?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Anyone Believe In A Playoff Miracle?

The odds on the Dolphins making the playoffs have to be at least 50 to 1. However, still having something to play for in week #16 far exceeds what the vast majority thought possible of this team.

Screw the draft position, go out and kick some Buffalo ass, and let the chips fall where they may. It may not mean much but, winning, especially at home, does mean something.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think it's entirely possible that the Jets lose a game, the Steelers eke out a win against the Bengals today, and both of those teams definitely have a shot to lose next week.

However, I don't see this Dolphins team beating the Patriots in Foxboro, so...

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    One week at a time. All they need to do is win and give themselves a chance.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I think it's entirely possible that the Jets lose a game, the Steelers eke out a win against the Bengals today, and both of those teams definitely have a shot to lose next week.

I think we will still be in it after this week. Next week is much more difficult to expect. Beating the Pats is very unlikely, as is Pitt losing to Cleve. It is still some fun to watch the game, and know it could matter, however unlikely.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well maybe if we had more actial nfl receivers and actual good nfl corners but I guess thats too much to ask
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it would be truly a miracle as u stated if we made the playoffs.

this week is not even the hard part, but next week needing a baltimore team that will have clinched the division already and no chance at a 1st round bye, so basically nothing to play for, going into cincy and beating a desperate bengals team for everything to play for, and then a cleveland team that is deff playing better, but still going into heinz field and winning vs a steeler team that must win, and then us going into foxboro in a game that pats will need to have for any chance at a 1st round bye or seeding in general.

if we make the playoffs, the dolphins fortunes will have been totally reversed and we would be one lucky team

sad part is if we had just beaten the ****ing cards, jets, bills, and titans, 4 atrocious teams, or heck even go 2-2 in those games, good shot we would make playoffs. unfortunately, in 3 of those 4 game, being the jet, titan, and bill game, our offense decided to not show up
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In RealVille, where I live, this team would not be a factor if it did make the POs. There for, I rather this team, especially Tannehill finish strong. Win or lose.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post

I'm still not entirely clear on what it would take for us to make it, but I think you just clarified it, but just to be sure:

-the Steelers need to beat the Bengals today
    -the Dolphins need to win the next two games
    -the Steelers and Bengals both need to lose their last game of the season
    -the Jets need to lose one of their last two games

Is that all that is needed?

Bengals play the Ravens the final week, so I could seem them losing that.
    Steelers play the Browns the final week, so that one is probably not happening for us.
    I think we can take Buffalo today, I don't feel good about our chances against the Pats.
    Jets have the Titans and Chargers the next two weeks, I think they'll lose one of the two (probably the Chargers).

So overall, while not impossible, I would certainly say a miracle is exactly what would be needed in this particular scenario.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Definitely a long shot but this has been a strange year. Just win today baby and lets the chips fall where they may.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    it would be truly a miracle as u stated if we made the playoffs.

this week is not even the hard part, but next week needing a baltimore team that will have clinched the division already and no chance at a 1st round bye, so basically nothing to play for, going into cincy and beating a desperate bengals team for everything to play for, and then a cleveland team that is deff playing better, but still going into heinz field and winning vs a steeler team that must win, and then us going into foxboro in a game that pats will need to have for any chance at a 1st round bye or seeding in general.

if we make the playoffs, the dolphins fortunes will have been totally reversed and we would be one lucky team

sad part is if we had just beaten the ****ing cards, jets, bills, and titans, 4 atrocious teams, or heck even go 2-2 in those games, good shot we would make playoffs. unfortunately, in 3 of those 4 game, being the jet, titan, and bill game, our offense decided to not show up
    This game isn't the hard part? Please remind me who won the last meeting. This is the NFL, every game is the hard part.
    Quote Quote