Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Pretty Good Year

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

A Pretty Good Year

All things considered, with next week not mattering much, I believe that our team has had a pretty good year. Most expected us to win around 3 games, and we surprised many.

We have a LEGIT QB, and that is the most important thing this year has shown. NOTHING is as important. Philbin looks good, and we have a very young team. I'm liking this team, and looking forward to the off season, and next year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: A Pretty Good Year

Pretty good year against a soft ass schedule... bleh

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agree Sobe, the biggest things to come out of this season are getting a franchise QB, knowing we have a great set of coaches and arguably that Ireland can draft. All in one season is great.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    Agree Sobe, the biggest things to come out of this season are getting a franchise QB, knowing we have a great set of coaches and arguably that Ireland can draft. All in one season is great.
    How many here actually thought that, coming into this season, we would really believe in a QB and HC? Not me. I know it's early for both but, I DO believe in both now, and I surprise myself in saying so.

I cannot imagine how anyone can think differently at this point. I see stability in the two most important people in a football team's life. It may take a couple of years to see a finished product but, I can now wait, and hope it happens sooner.

I talked wit a long time Phinatic, season's tickets for over 35 years. He said that he did not like any of our coaches after Shula or, any of our QB's after Marino, until now. I have to agree with him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

God it sucks being a Dolphin fan!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The ATL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinmanniac View Post
    Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

What a bunch of haters on here.
    You must really have a miserable life.
    Did you expect to win the Super Bowl this year?
    I think they exceeded expectations this year?
    Already more wins than last year.
    Franchise QB of the future.
    First franchise coach since Shula.
    Good young core of players?
    Top 10 defense.
    What the hell did you expect???
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinmanniac View Post

So in a year with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, rookie DC, new offensive and defensive systems (and philosophies) and we achieve what we have achieved. Either you are blind or you like to drown in your own self pity.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So in a year with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, rookie DC, new offensive and defensive systems (and philosophies) and we achieve what we have achieved. Either you are blind or you like to drown in your own self pity.
    See Indianapolis Colts...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    See Indianapolis Colts...
    To be fair Luck is a once in a generation type QB, may have something to do with how they have performed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be fair Luck is a once in a generation type QB, may have something to do with how they have performed.
    Sure he has, he's also leading the league in interceptions i think, and he also lost his head coach for the entire season.... that team last year had what 2 wins? new coach. (and again new coach after pagano went for treatment), new OC, new DC, and a roster that many looked at last year as being devoid of talent.

they could have come up with every excuse in the book if they had a mediocre season, but they didnt. prior to the start of the season if you took a straw poll on here which team had more talent, us or the colts, it would be a resounding us. all i'm pointing out is that although you are totally correct in saying how with all the change the dolphins had this year how there are essentially built in excuses for why this team can settle for a mediocre season, i was just showing an extremely similar situation, with in some regards worse situations, and how one team still is "bright for the future" but didnt have to once again deal with a "dolphins season" and now reveling in moral victories about the season.

Is the future BRIGHTER than it has been in the past, sure it has. But trying to spin this season into some sort of grandeur success against insurmountable odds after beating the mighty Jaguars and Bills is slightly out of place.
    Quote Quote