Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: A Pretty Good Year

  1. -11
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    476
    vCash:
    1846
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinmanniac View Post
    Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

    God it sucks being a Dolphin fan!
    So in a year with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, rookie DC, new offensive and defensive systems (and philosophies) and we achieve what we have achieved. Either you are blind or you like to drown in your own self pity.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    damanref10's Avatar
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,520
    vCash:
    1139
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    So in a year with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, rookie DC, new offensive and defensive systems (and philosophies) and we achieve what we have achieved. Either you are blind or you like to drown in your own self pity.
    See Indianapolis Colts...
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,076
    vCash:
    31032
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    Agree Sobe, the biggest things to come out of this season are getting a franchise QB, knowing we have a great set of coaches and arguably that Ireland can draft. All in one season is great.
    How many here actually thought that, coming into this season, we would really believe in a QB and HC? Not me. I know it's early for both but, I DO believe in both now, and I surprise myself in saying so.

    I cannot imagine how anyone can think differently at this point. I see stability in the two most important people in a football team's life. It may take a couple of years to see a finished product but, I can now wait, and hope it happens sooner.

    I talked wit a long time Phinatic, season's tickets for over 35 years. He said that he did not like any of our coaches after Shula or, any of our QB's after Marino, until now. I have to agree with him.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    476
    vCash:
    1846
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    See Indianapolis Colts...
    To be fair Luck is a once in a generation type QB, may have something to do with how they have performed.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    170
    vCash:
    1017
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    nobody holding a gun to your head to be a fin fan,from what i hear the jets are looking for a leader.We have our qb,5 early draft picks,ton of cap space,young and gained invaluable experience this year! I for one am excited for the offseason, to all you haters last chance to board the fins express
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,076
    vCash:
    31032
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    no they didnt. there was a massive thread before the season started here asking to post what we all thought our record would be, and the most valuable offensive, defensive, and rookie players... and the general consensus was a team that would win 6-9 games, with the usual outliers of 11 wins or less than 5 wins.

    positives about this year... easy we finally sacked up and found the quarterback of the future.
    negatives.... same old ****. middle draft pick. no playoffs. and same needs as last offseason sans a QB. ho hum.
    I was posting of the national media.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    damanref10's Avatar
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,520
    vCash:
    1139
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    To be fair Luck is a once in a generation type QB, may have something to do with how they have performed.
    Sure he has, he's also leading the league in interceptions i think, and he also lost his head coach for the entire season.... that team last year had what 2 wins? new coach. (and again new coach after pagano went for treatment), new OC, new DC, and a roster that many looked at last year as being devoid of talent.

    they could have come up with every excuse in the book if they had a mediocre season, but they didnt. prior to the start of the season if you took a straw poll on here which team had more talent, us or the colts, it would be a resounding us. all i'm pointing out is that although you are totally correct in saying how with all the change the dolphins had this year how there are essentially built in excuses for why this team can settle for a mediocre season, i was just showing an extremely similar situation, with in some regards worse situations, and how one team still is "bright for the future" but didnt have to once again deal with a "dolphins season" and now reveling in moral victories about the season.

    Is the future BRIGHTER than it has been in the past, sure it has. But trying to spin this season into some sort of grandeur success against insurmountable odds after beating the mighty Jaguars and Bills is slightly out of place.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    DphinBillkiller's Avatar
    Touchdown

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    6,391
    vCash:
    6484
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Overall the Dolphins have exceeded my expectations for the season and with some additional play makers could continue to do so.

    Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    9,076
    vCash:
    31032
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by phinmanniac View Post
    Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

    God it sucks being a Dolphin fan!
    GOD, it SUCKS to read this from a supposed Dolphan, aka Debbie Downer ot one of The Whiners. LOL
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    476
    vCash:
    1846
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    Sure he has, he's also leading the league in interceptions i think, and he also lost his head coach for the entire season.... that team last year had what 2 wins? new coach. (and again new coach after pagano went for treatment), new OC, new DC, and a roster that many looked at last year as being devoid of talent.

    they could have come up with every excuse in the book if they had a mediocre season, but they didnt. prior to the start of the season if you took a straw poll on here which team had more talent, us or the colts, it would be a resounding us. all i'm pointing out is that although you are totally correct in saying how with all the change the dolphins had this year how there are essentially built in excuses for why this team can settle for a mediocre season, i was just showing an extremely similar situation, with in some regards worse situations, and how one team still is "bright for the future" but didnt have to once again deal with a "dolphins season" and now reveling in moral victories about the season.

    Is the future BRIGHTER than it has been in the past, sure it has. But trying to spin this season into some sort of grandeur success against insurmountable odds after beating the mighty Jaguars and Bills is slightly out of place.
    I don't think we disagree to much to be honest, what the Colts have done this season has been outstanding. What we have done has been very good, some lows like some of the tight losses and the loss to the Titans was very poor, but to finally have our first franchise QB and a really intelligent and talented head coach who should be here for years is just great. The future is bright.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Take a look at this mock i think it looks pretty good
    By #1dolphinsfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 02:49 AM
  2. This looks pretty good.
    By Pagan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 02:00 AM
  3. Our OL will be pretty good this year IMO
    By phinfan2003 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 02:01 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •