Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Why did the Dolphins not address the WR position THIS season?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeff Ireland didn't think it was necessary.

27 17.09%
  • The Phins tried but trade(s) fell through.

24 15.19%
  • Philbin did not want additional receivers based on the options available.

20 12.66%
  • The salary cap prevented the Phins from doing it.

5 3.16%
  • Jeff Ireland did think it was necessary but there were no suitable options.

57 36.08%
  • Other

25 15.82%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season?

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I voted "other" because there was no option for "Jeff Ireland is an incompetent GM who does not know what he is doing".

That would be a landslide winner lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I would agree if we hadnt drafted a 3rd runningback and a third te before we drafted a damn receiver.
    Reggie Wayne was a pretty decent receiver that had interest in Miami and would have cost the same as scrub Richard marshall.
    There was no excuse not to address receiver esp when we traded Marshall March 14
    You don't give big money to an aging WR like Wayne when you're at least 2 years away from contending for any type of titles. Is we signed Wayne, by the time were good enough to make a REAL playoff push he'd be on the downside. I'm glad they didn't sign an aging fee agent, i'd much rather draft a couple of receivers this year and let them grow with Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    You don't give big money to an aging WR like Wayne when you're at least 2 years away from contending for any type of titles. Is we signed Wayne, by the time were good enough to make a REAL playoff push he'd be on the downside. I'm glad they didn't sign an aging fee agent, i'd much rather draft a couple of receivers this year and let them grow with Tannehill.

Wayne signed for the exact same money that we gave perpetual scrub Richard Marshall so how is spending money on a scrub better than a good wr. There is no logic here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    There was a decent group in the draft.
    Outside of Ty Hilton, none of the receivers drafter in the last draft are that good so far. So I'd rather have our picks than the WR's that were there.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Outside of Ty Hilton, none of the receivers drafter in the last draft are that good so far. So I'd rather have our picks than the WR's that were there.
    So u prefer taking our third string rb and our 4th string TE over taking a receiver.
    I mean who cares if we have the worst backup receivers in the league. I mean cmon Tannehill's receivers accounted for for a grand total of 66 yards an u feel no need to draft anybody last year ok
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wayne signed for the exact same money that we gave perpetual scrub Richard Marshall so how is spending money on a scrub better than a good wr. There is no logic here.
    Richard Marshall is 28 ie in his prime and young enough to be here several years. Wayne is 34 and won't be that good several years from now. And how can you say Marshall was a scrub when he only played a couple of games before getting hurt?? If you look at the free agents that Miami signed to multiple year contracts, most of them were under 30 if I'm not mistaken. You don't sign aging free agents unless you're ready to contend and we're not there yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Richard Marshall is 28 ie in his prime and young enough to be here several years. Wayne is 34 and won't be that good several years from now. And how can you say Marshall was a scrub when he only played a couple of games before getting hurt?? If you look at the free agents that Miami signed to multiple year contracts, most of them were under 30 if I'm not mistaken. You don't sign aging free agents unless you're ready to contend and we're not there yet.
    Marshall has been a starter with Carolina for years and he was not a good starter. Marshall is a scrub based on his career in nfl. Yea u are right better to spend that money on scrub younger players than give your young qb a reliable target I mean he only needs 66 yards from his wr;s like he got this week. Indy is in playoffs much because of Wayne's play while we are watching once again with people that are not ready to play meaningful minutes in the NFL like Matthews and Moore but to each their own
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So u prefer taking our third string rb and our 4th string TE over taking a receiver.
    I mean who cares if we have the worst backup receivers in the league. I mean cmon Tannehill's receivers accounted for for a grand total of 66 yards an u feel no need to draft anybody last year ok
    Like I said, outside of TY hilton, give me ONE receiver that was there when we picked that is performing better than our picks? Our 3rd String RB Miller and Backup DE Vernon are out performing every WR that was drafted in this past draft (outside of hilton of course) So yes I'd rather have players that are producing even in limited roles than just drafting a WR high just to say we did. None of those receivers have amounted to anything so far.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like I said, outside of TY hilton, give me ONE receiver that was there when we picked that is performing better than our picks? Our 3rd String RB Miller and Backup DE Vernon are out performing every WR that was drafted in this past draft (outside of hilton of course) So yes I'd rather have players that are producing even in limited roles than just drafting a WR high just to say we did. None of those receivers have amounted to anything so far.
    HMM Egnew has done nothing this year so I would take Mihammed Sanu and his 16 receptions anyday which is way more than our third wr. Ty Hilton of course. Chris Givens and his 37 receptions and 3 tds. Even Travis Benjamin and his 11 rec and 2 tds.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marshall has been a starter with Carolina for years and he was not a good starter. Marshall is a scrub based on his career in nfl. Yea u are right better to spend that money on scrub younger players than give your young qb a reliable target I mean he only needs 66 yards from his wr;s like he got this week. Indy is in playoffs much because of Wayne's play while we are watching once again with people that are not ready to play meaningful minutes in the NFL like Matthews and Moore but to each their own
    You're sounding like a typical misguided fan, The colts will make the playoffs, but will probably lose in the first round maybe second if they get lucky, by the time they are good enough to contend for a super bowl or conference championship, wayne will be long gone buddy. I want my team to contend for Championships and signing wayne would not have put us there. I remember those days under wandstat when we would go 11-5, 10-6 every year and get knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round. I want to be better than that and contend for titles on a consistent basis, ie patriots, steelers and packers and the only way to do that is to build your team via the draft and\or by signing YOUNG STUD FA, and supplementing with older FA.
    Quote Quote