* Miami won the turnover differential 4-0. The defense finally got after the opponent. It was the difference in the game. The offense came close to giving a few away, but ultimately did not. Getting turnovers is the quickest way to become a legit team. The ultimate equalizer.
* Awesome to see the Offense cash in 17 points off of 3 turnovers.
* The running game was dominant today. 182 yards rushing. The interior of the Oline was getting a good push. Pouncey was once again agile on his pulls. It was good to see Jonathan Martin getting out in front on a few runs. Nate Garner held his own as well. Let this group be able to be the aggressor and drive forward.
* Lamar Miller was outstanding today. I have been a huge supporter of Miller this year and took heat with how bullish I was on him. Whether he gets to that level, who knows, but he is going to be an excellent pro.
* Reggie Bush 3 TD's today. His two receiving TD's were things of beauty. He also ran tough. Outstanding performance.
* Ryan Tannehill did a nice job today overall. He again showed some nice mobility running for 44 yards.
* Ryan Tannehill went another game without a interception. Considering he is playing with an inexperienced group that is an excellent performance.
* RT had nice touch on Bush's TD.
* Rishard Matthews has a future. He is a big strong kid. He made a nice play down the middle for a big chunk play. He was also belted on his catches and showed a ton of toughness holding on.
* Armon Binns made some nifty catches. Good frame and athleticism. He will be interesting with a full camp.
* Props to Kevin Coyle for adjusting early in the game. Plus, as the Bills started to come back he continued to attack and then shifted to a prevent look as the Bills were up against the clock.
* The D did a much better job of trying to get turnovers.
* The 3rd down defense was really strong overall until the Bills started to make some plays near the end.
* Sean Smith had a good game until leaving the game with a knee. His forced fumble of Stevie Johnson was a big momentum swing. Plus, he was trying to punch at the ball more, which I like to see.
* Good pass rush today. Ryan Fitzpatrick was hit a lot even though the sack numbers were not huge
* Kevin Burnett had a nice strip causing a fumble.
* Cam Wake with a strip/sack. Great player.
* Reshard Jones made one of the best interceptions I have seen in awhile. All I could say is "wow". His developing into a difference maker.
* Karlos Dansby was active and was a great leader communicating with his teammates. With all the new players in the back half, Dansby's leadership was invaluable.
* Dimitri Patterson showed well for being with the team for a few days. He covered well. Seems like a physical tackler.
* The team dominated field position all game. They got enough offense to flip field position. The D got off the field quick enough so the Bills could not pin the Fins. Finally, the Special Teams executed with their coverage and return units.
* Brandon Fields was money today.
* Miami's coaching staff deserves props for weathering the injury bug of late. A great sign for the future of this team. It shows great preparation, player development and in game adjustments.
* Tannehill had a few ball placement issues in the first half. The bomb to Brian Hartline needed to be thrown over the wrong shoulder. He threw behind Anthony Fasano on a 3rd down. He hit on 13-25.
* RT also has been a little too free with the ball. Sticking it out for the TD and having knocked away could have been disastrous for the Fins. Also, Mario Williams came free and Tannehill was smacked trying to make a play while the Fins were up two scores. There is fine line between being aggressive and careless. True though, he did not turn it over.
* Marlon Moore had two drops. He is being passed over by Matthews and Binns.
* C.J. Spiller got loose after defenders did not control their gaps.
* Jared Odrick had some undisciplined play. A personal foul and an offsides as the Bills were attempting a comeback.
* The FG operation was a bit shaky early. Must work on that this week going into the last game of the year.
* I have been a big Mike Sherman supporter. However, I was puzzled at some calls today. The running game was killing the Bills and I thought they put it up too much especially in the 2nd Half. You can say this: there are no training wheels on Ryan Tannehill. Sherm has no issue putting it in RT's hands.
* The pass protection got a little leaky in the 2nd half. I think Buffalo has a good D-line, but again, allow the O-line to be the aggressor and play going forward.
* I surprised that Miami let the clock wind down in the 1st half. They had a TO and could have forced a punt. Maybe Miami could have blocked a punt? Maybe Buffalo muffed the snap? Maybe Thigpen could have returned it for some yards?
* Excellent win. Winning games to end the year was big IMO. Coach Philbin has at least got 7 wins...more than last year. He has built momentum going into the offseason. Good for Joe.
* Won the TO differential 4-0. Excellent.
* Miami FINALLY got some calls to go this way. In all honesty, I thought the game was called well. Solid officiating. I thought Winter's crew did a nice job. Not being a homer, but the refs did a nice job. I truly believe those calls should have gone Miami's way.
* I was very surprised to see Patterson start. Shows the lack of depth and the injury bug waving its ugly head.
* Olivier Vernon is very athletic. He got a sack, close on others and he was keeping up running with Spiller. Not sure where he fits in, but his future is bright.
* Signing Jones THIS offseason might have to be a priority.
* Garner is a must re-sign. He should be allowed to compete for the RT job next year and is at least a tremendous depth guy. He has ran with the reps and done ok.
* Martin has showed me enough to allow Long to walk.
* I am excited to see what Matthews does next year. I am interested what he does with a full offseason in the weight room and learning more.
* Scott Chandler's injury was big.
* Stevie Johnson was an ass today. He lost his cool and is a diva.
* Don't blame Pittsburgh for losing. Two OT losses in September and winning one game in November did the Fins in. Take control of your destiny next time. Lesson learned.
* I have said all this season it is about PROGRESSION...well, this team has progressed. Good things are happening and there is a lot to be fired up about going into the offseason. One more left to play.