Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Thread: "Iíve got picks and money"

1. -171
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CanFan View Post
    I hope he gets it right
    I hope he's been relegated to glorified scout and Philbin has final say over player personnel.
    Quote Quote  

2. -172
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I hope he's been relegated to glorified scout and Philbin has final say over player personnel.

I hope he goes to seaworld is is engulfed in gulls lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

3. -173
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope he does a great job just like he did in the 2012 draft. Or you can just continue to whine and whine about it!
    Draft:
    1/ R.Shazier OLB
    2/ C.Borland MLB
    3/ G.Jackson OG
    4/ J.Hurst OT
    Quote Quote  

4. -174
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Ireland may not be the answer but he is the best we have had going back to those 1970's years.
    Phintim, I have great respect for you because you have seen with your own eyes what it is like to have a well-run Dolphins franchise. You remember when the team was excellent and you understand what was required to achieve that excellence.

Ireland may very well be he best GM we have had going back to Joe Thomas and Bobby Betheard. We have had some really awful GMs since our Super Bowl victories. Since I don't think it accomplishes anything for us to have an extended debate over who is the best of the awful lot we have lived with over the last thirty years., I will avoid the temptation to enter into such a debate.

Are you at least willing to agree with my contention that Ireland's body of work does not place him on the same level with Thomas/Betheard? If we can agree that Ireland is not in the same league as Thomas/Betheard, then I feel as if the continuity issue is our main point of disagreement. You appear to believe that maintaining continuity with a less than excellent GM is most important thing at this time in the history of the Dolphins. I believe that finding and keeping an excellent GM at the level of Thomas/Betheard is the most important element at this point in time in improving the franchse.

I truly do not understand the argument behind your continuity position. A General Manager will acquire and replace a less than superstar player with a superstar player whenever he has the opportunity to do so. Why should it be any different in the organization for the General Manager position? If you can find a way to improve the position, you improve the position.
    Quote Quote  

5. -175
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    I hope he does a great job just like he did in the 2012 draft. Or you can just continue to whine and whine about it!

Stating he has done a bad job overall. GOOD dRAFT EXcept neglecting a major need and horrible free agent signings
    Quote Quote  

6. -176
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Phintim, I have great respect for you because you have seen with your own eyes what it is like to have a well-run Dolphins franchise. You remember when the team was excellent and you understand what was required to achieve that excellence.

Ireland may very well be he best GM we have had going back to Joe Thomas and Bobby Betheard. We have had some really awful GMs since our Super Bowl victories. Since I don't think it accomplishes anything for us to have an extended debate over who is the best of the awful lot we have lived with over the last thirty years., I will avoid the temptation to enter into such a debate.

Are you at least willing to agree with my contention that Ireland's body of work does not place him on the same level with Thomas/Betheard? If we can agree that Ireland is not in the same league as Thomas/Betheard, then I feel as if the continuity issue is our main point of disagreement. You appear to believe that maintaining continuity with a less than excellent GM is most important thing at this time in the history of the Dolphins. I believe that finding and keeping an excellent GM at the level of Thomas/Betheard is the most important element at this point in time in improving the franchse.

I truly do not understand the argument behind your continuity position. A General Manager will acquire and replace a less than superstar player with a superstar player whenever he has the opportunity to do so. Why should it be any different in the organization for the General Manager position? If you can find a way to improve the position, you improve the position.
    Yes I certainly agree with you Ireland is not on the level of Bethard and the staff that led us to the Super Bowl who left the Dolpins for the skins and led them to Super Bowl. I certainly do not mind seeing Ireland go "if" we can land some of those guys.

So I am with you on that point but I do not want to change for change sake as I have seen done since Shula left with the coaching changes and front office changes we have had since Shula was basically fired.

Here is my perspective we fired Shula to chase some very high and expensive coaches just because we perceived that Shula was the problem. In hindsight that was a mistake and the issue was not Shula the coach but our front office staff providng the talent. In fact our rosters probably is more talented outside of what Shula had in Marinio than any roster Shula had his last 10 plus years.

Moving back to the Ireland years remember he inhirited a 1-15 club his first year and his job was to retool it. Ireland's first year this club should have gone 4-12 or there abouts talent wise but primarily with the invention of the wildcat and a lucky 1 year pickup of Pennington the club got lucky and we finished something like 10-6 or something and all the fans got overexcited and the coaching and front office staf got over confident in their original plan and started building a team to run the wildcat instead of compete in convintial football. So year 2 of the Pat White pick that everyone like to complain about was built around changing directions for the Phins to compete using the wildcat but the rest of the league had already figured out how to stop it so we wasted time and picks ,blamed the defensive coordinator for loosing fired him. This was Heene coming out party and we also decided that he needed a top nth receiver.
    Year 3 we bring in Brandon Marshall for 2 second rounders still cannot get it going and fire the offensive coordinator as the fall guy.
    Year 3 brings IMO the end of then Henne and Sporano tenures for then Dolphins as Marshall takes control of the team in the last game of the year and refuses to catch balls from Henne and insists that Thigpen should be the QB. Sporano caves into Marshall and looses then team. Ross and Ireland do a coaching search at the last minute that year because Sporano lost his gonads in that game. To little to late we have to keep the guy as coach.
    Year 4 more of the same except we fire then special teams coach early this year and later Sporano and the team basically wins out later in the season.
    Year 5 this year is all about rebuilding just like it was back 5 years ago except this year we go legit 7-9 with lots of new faces all new coaches and a veteran roster of players that can keep us in then game plus this is important a huge rookie draft class with some very good contributors. Now if you wish to debate me on our veteran look at how many are alternates on the pro bowl this year.

So yes I believe that Ireland can provide enough talent for us to build a good team and do not mind seeing him stay until we can land your proverbial super GM. Plus I believe Ireland is improving as a GM learning from his mistakes and as long as that upward trend continues then I am willing to be patient for that magical GM to be found
    Quote Quote  

7. -177
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Picks, Money, and the Areas of Need are very easy to spot with this team.
    Jeff screws up, and I'd be surprised if he ever gets another chance to be GM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -178
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to see Ireland fired after the season in time to hire a new GM that is on the same page as the coaching staff. If that doesn't happen I am crossing my fingers that the free agency and draft is handled by committee and not solely in Ireland's hands.

Then again I am used to missing playoffs being a golden state warriors and dolphins fan.

Those of you who think Ireland has done a good job and could be trusted with the future should be ashamed of applauding less than mediocre performance. There has to be a time when enough is enough.

for me, that time is now.
    Quote Quote  

9. -179
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Stating he has done a bad job overall. GOOD dRAFT EXcept neglecting a major need and horrible free agent signings
    Ya your right he missed a major need, how could that have happened????? He only drafted the QB in the first round people have been crying for, he drafted a starting RT that could eventually take over at LT if needed, he drafted a RB to fill in for Rbush if he was let go, he drafted depth at DE who played a solid roll for us, he drafted future depth aswell. He also got us a great HC who will bring this team back to repectability. But he missed out on a WR even though R.Mathews looks like there is some pretty good talent there. You know, developing our own but whatever.
    Quote Quote  

10. -180
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skaarsgard View Post
    I would like to see Ireland fired after the season in time to hire a new GM that is on the same page as the coaching staff. If that doesn't happen I am crossing my fingers that the free agency and draft is handled by committee and not solely in Ireland's hands.

Then again I am used to missing playoffs being a golden state warriors and dolphins fan.

Those of you who think Ireland has done a good job and could be trusted with the future should be ashamed of applauding less than mediocre performance. There has to be a time when enough is enough.

for me, that time is now.
    That time was 2 years ago for me but i'm with you
    Quote Quote