Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: the Santa Claus mock drafts

  1. -1
    utahphinsfan's Avatar
    it is what it is

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,662
    vCash:
    9702
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2

    the Santa Claus mock drafts

    I threw together 2 hypotheticals.

    option 1 option 2
    rd player pos school rd player pos school
    1 Jordan DE Oregon 1 Eifert TE Notre Dame
    2a Reed TE Florida 2a Rhodes CB Florida St
    2b Wheaton WR Oregon St 2b Wheaton WR Oregon St
    3a Rambo FS Georgia 3a Skov ILB Stanford
    3b Wagner OL Wisconsin 3b Barner RB Oregon

    Rationale... Miami needs depth @ LB.
    Wagner could be an OG and Incog's replacment.
    Barner is a playmaker as is Jordan.
    Wheaton replaces Hartline as the deep threat and unlike Ginn isn't afraid to get hit.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.








    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,251
    vCash:
    7629
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll take Option #2...thanks!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,145
    vCash:
    3335
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like how you're thinking. Eifert is really someone that makes a ton of sense for this offense as he would give Tannehill a safety net and a seam stretcher at tight end. I love Jordan, but I wonder how he'd do in a 4-3. I would actually combine the two options with some minor tweaking.

    1. Eifert or Patterson (perfect pick for this team)
    2. Trufant over Rhodes
    2. Wheaton (love this pick, wonder if he lasts to RD 3?)
    3. Carradine (fits our 4-3 well)
    3. Barner (unless Bush is signed)
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    utahphinsfan's Avatar
    it is what it is

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,662
    vCash:
    9702
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like how you're thinking. Eifert is really someone that makes a ton of sense for this offense as he would give Tannehill a safety net and a seam stretcher at tight end. I love Jordan, but I wonder how he'd do in a 4-3. I would actually combine the two options with some minor tweaking.

    1. Eifert or Patterson (perfect pick for this team)
    2. Trufant over Rhodes
    2. Wheaton (love this pick, wonder if he lasts to RD 3?)
    3. Carradine (fits our 4-3 well)
    3. Barner (unless Bush is signed)
    My rationale for Jordan is simple... Think of JPP for the Gmen but with more experience against better competition in college. He is a 4-3 DE. Imagine the phins infrequently running a wide 9 w/ Wake & Jordan coming off the edges.

    I say resign Reggie for a reasonable amount. Trade Thomas. Draft Barner.

    I'm surprised the world hasn't ended as much as I'm advocating for the phins to draft a Notre Dame skill player. ROFL!?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    MiamiDolphin618's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,205
    vCash:
    2487
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Eifert...but I think Id take Fauria in the 2nd. Fauria is going to be a red zone monster. He would finally give Tannehill a legitimate red zone threat. It looks as if were going to be in the 15 range so Id like something like:
    1. Mingo/Jordan
    2. Patterson/Hunter/Hopkins/Bailey/Patton (lots of options...just depends on who is here but there will be a legitimate WR available)
    2. Fauria
    3. Rambo
    3. Marquess Wilson
    4. James Gayle/Quanterus Smith

    Obviously just depends on how the draft falls...and as you can see I didn't address CB in this particular draft. But adding another playmaker to the secondary such as Rambo and pass rushers would help. In addition to possibly adding another vet in FA.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    272
    vCash:
    1239
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Need a CB in first 3 rounds...


    DE round 1 Jordan
    TE round 2 Ertz or Fauria
    FS round 2b Rambo
    CB round 3a Hawthorne
    WR Round 3b Bailey or Wilson
    Round 4: BPA RB, OG, LB


    Let walk:
    Long-will want too much cash, not playing at elite level


    Hartline-tough call here, love his work ethic, great sideline catches, but no YAC ability and can't go up for the ball. Jennings, wilson/Bailey, bess, Matthews, binns


    McDaniel-making too much for a backup DT


    Moore-great backup but will get more money elsewhere


    Fasano-solid pro, but need some young blood here, ESP a TE that can block


    Resign:
    Starks: arguably our best Def player, argument could be made to let him walk and shift odrick to DT, but I don't think we should let our best players walk. DL is only posicin of depth on this team. Let's keep it that way.


    Bush- 3 weeks ago I was ready to let him walk, but he is one of our few playmakers. If used correctly, he will be an asset!


    Clemons-under the condition that he's a backup


    Smith-i hate the fact that were in this position, but we're stuck between a rock and hard place here. I'd pay him up to 6, not a penny more.


    fA:
    OT Volmer
    WR Jennings
    CB Cox
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,145
    vCash:
    3335
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    My rationale for Jordan is simple... Think of JPP for the Gmen but with more experience against better competition in college. He is a 4-3 DE. Imagine the phins infrequently running a wide 9 w/ Wake & Jordan coming off the edges.

    I say resign Reggie for a reasonable amount. Trade Thomas. Draft Barner.

    I'm surprised the world hasn't ended as much as I'm advocating for the phins to draft a Notre Dame skill player. ROFL!?
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of Jordan. I see Werner as the perfect fit opposite Wake, but we'd have to trade up for him. I think Jordan is a guy you move around for best matchups and I would love that pick. I don't think there will be a cb worthy of taking in the middle of round 1, you can find a wr in round 2 so a pass rusher makes a ton of sense. That said, Patterson and Eifert are two very intriguing players who I think would fit very well. Patterson's elite with the ball in his hands, but needs experience. Eifert seems like a guy Philibin would love based on how he used tight ends in Green Bay.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,145
    vCash:
    3335
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I like Eifert...but I think Id take Fauria in the 2nd. Fauria is going to be a red zone monster. He would finally give Tannehill a legitimate red zone threat. It looks as if were going to be in the 15 range so Id like something like:
    1. Mingo/Jordan
    2. Patterson/Hunter/Hopkins/Bailey/Patton (lots of options...just depends on who is here but there will be a legitimate WR available)
    2. Fauria
    3. Rambo
    3. Marquess Wilson
    4. James Gayle/Quanterus Smith

    Obviously just depends on how the draft falls...and as you can see I didn't address CB in this particular draft. But adding another playmaker to the secondary such as Rambo and pass rushers would help. In addition to possibly adding another vet in FA.
    Still not sold on Mingo. He seems like a boom or bust guy to me, although I do recognize his talent. Marquess Wilson in Round 3 would be really nice.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    MiamiDolphin618's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,205
    vCash:
    2487
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Still not sold on Mingo. He seems like a boom or bust guy to me, although I do recognize his talent. Marquess Wilson in Round 3 would be really nice.
    Yeah Mingo is probably boom or bust. Its just too hard to ignore those tools though and Im willing to swing for the fences on someone like him rather than take someone like his teammate Montgomery who I think looks pretty average.
    I really like Wilson..I think he will be there in Rd 3..but you might end up having to take him in the 2nd. He's a first round talent IMO. There are a ton of receivers in this draft I like..but that could be because Ive been looking at them more due to our glaring need
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    utahphinsfan's Avatar
    it is what it is

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,662
    vCash:
    9702
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    I tried to have a 3rd option where Keenan Allen was the 1st round pick but seemed nothing clicked after that.

    Nothing against Werner but I'd rather go w/ Margus Hunt in the 3rd or 4th.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ‘Is Santa Claus Real?’
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 12:10 PM
  2. Rumsfeld to GIs’ families: I’m not Santa Claus
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 04:02 PM
  3. Santa Claus is ocming to town...jingle song!!
    By Prime Time in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 09:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •