Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3

1. -11
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    what kind of comp specs do you have, Spesh?

i want to get this game, as I loved Skyrim, but i am not sure if my computer can run it smoothly and effectively.
    I play on Xbox. Id love to play these sort of games on PC, but my computer gives me attitude when trying to install games. Nothing kills my desire to play a game faster than having to fight my PC before even starting it up.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I play on Xbox. Id love to play these sort of games on PC, but my computer gives me attitude when trying to install games. Nothing kills my desire to play a game faster than having to fight my PC before even starting it up.
    gotcha...

well, i know from experience that there is no way I can stand playing FPS games on consoles. I absolutely need the keyboard/mouse combo in order to enjoy the game. Last time I played a console FPS and enjoyed it was GoldenEye for N64.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    gotcha...

well, i know from experience that there is no way I can stand playing FPS games on consoles. I absolutely need the keyboard/mouse combo in order to enjoy the game. Last time I played a console FPS and enjoyed it was GoldenEye for N64.
    Picked a great game to go out on though.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm currently working on my second playthrough of Dragonborn. Once I get that finished, I'm going to jump back into Far Cry.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I'm currently working on my second playthrough of Dragonborn. Once I get that finished, I'm going to jump back into Far Cry.
    Such a Skyrim slut...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Such a Skyrim slut...
    Probably, but my first playthrough of DB wasn't really for fun.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Probably, but my first playthrough of DB wasn't really for fun.
    No judgement at all. I'm a Mass Effect slut, and I'll readily admit it to anyone...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I beat farcry 3 and a few things to take away from it is its driving mechanics and gunplay. Driving feels like you're actually driving a car. Gunplay isn't dumbed down at all just because its an exploration game. Feels like it should.

It's got good replay value. I just purchased State of Decay or I would play it through again until NCAA Came out. Plus it's only $30 now so it's a no brainer.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suppose truckparts felt we wouldnt notice him pump this so he could get his 10 posts in, but this was a great game to bring back up.

Finally beat it right before Bioshock Infinite came out. Fantastic game, brilliant mechanics, solid narrative...and i immediately traded it in upon beating it

The game is dark and twisted. There were parts that were difficult to watch. Like a chilling movie and riveting book, its a game thats difficult to immediately replay. Its not without its problems, but it might have been the best game of last year. Mass Effect 3 would be my only other choice.
    I plan on buying it again for PC later this year. While Ubisoft isnt as friendly with the modding community as, say, Bethesda, this is a game that should have some good ones. Im hoping there is something to make the hunting more realistic. Hitting a deer with a .50 sniper shouldnt just put it down, it should blow the damn thing apart.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I suppose truckparts felt we wouldnt notice him pump this so he could get his 10 posts in, but this was a great game to bring back up.

Finally beat it right before Bioshock Infinite came out. Fantastic game, brilliant mechanics, solid narrative...and i immediately traded it in upon beating it

The game is dark and twisted. There were parts that were difficult to watch. Like a chilling movie and riveting book, its a game thats difficult to immediately replay. Its not without its problems, but it might have been the best game of last year. Mass Effect 3 would be my only other choice.
    I plan on buying it again for PC later this year. While Ubisoft isnt as friendly with the modding community as, say, Bethesda, this is a game that should have some good ones. Im hoping there is something to make the hunting more realistic. Hitting a deer with a .50 sniper shouldnt just put it down, it should blow the damn thing apart.
    I may pick it up on PC as well. I just got my GTX 780 hooked up and I need more games that push it. I thought Witcher 2 looked ridiculous before. I was wrong.
    Quote Quote