Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins could be only team in NFL to reach this statistical accomplishment

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    And our close wins could've easily been losses. This is always a dumb argument.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    No actually it's not. No matter who we played the Dolphins were in almost every game to the end. The stats that have been posted do tell a story, just not the whole story. Miami has the second youngest team in the NFL. It's a team that is learning how to win. It's a team with young players that are playing better towards the end of the season than they did at the beginning of the season. Yes we had some bad games, but that's to be expected with a young team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Harder to isolate performance in football with stats, also combined with a small sample size of 16 games makes stats not as important as they are in baseball.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These stats show the glass is at half of its capacity. Whether you want to say its half full or half empty is up to you.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guess what stat Cinci, San Fran and Seattle all have in common that Miami doesn't??? That's right turnover ratio! The first three are soundly in the plus the last is firmly in the negative.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2 Field goal kicks and we're in. Simple as that. 2 field goals and we're 9-6 and having a MUCH different conversation. Haters are gonna hate...even on their own team unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    It shows our close losses could've very easily been wins. It shows we're close with some tweaking.
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see what a smart QB & an well prepared HC will do this off season.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every year there will be something new. New Players, new injuries, bad weather, turnovers, bad calls, disappointments and so on. It's only been 4 years since we made the playoffs and the only thing I was dead wrong on was bringing in Chad Pennington, because I felt he was too fragile. Well, for 1 season he won our division and I never expected that. I just hope we can build from this season and not make anymore excuses about receivers, defense, kickers, GM's and so on.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Phinfan since 1982

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is shows is that 1000 yard rusher is not that big of a deal in a 16 game season. How many yards per game? It just shows that you were healthy. 100 tackles could be good or bad, so that's not an indicator. You could get all those tackles 5-15 yards from the line of scrimmage. 1000 yards recieving is decieving here because Hartline got 1/4 of those in 1 game, plus his TD numbers are extremely low.

Bottom line: We need playmakers. Ireland better go get some. Draft, Trade, Freeagent, CFL where ever, he needs to get at least 2 starters on offense to help our talent starved franchise QB.
    "Fiction can be fun, but I find the reference section a bit more enlightening." Ace Ventura
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Having a 1,000 yard receiver isn't necessarily a good thing if he's not a dominant talent, it may just mean that there aren't other good receiving options. Remember when O.J. McDuffie caught 90 balls? It wasn't because he was a great talent, it was because Marino had no one else to throw to.
    If you want to look at statistics, you really need to look at team statistics, as focusing an offense around 1 or 2 guys does not necessarily lead to success.

On the defensive side, the tackles stat is completely useless. Somebody has to make the tackle - whether it's one or two guys doing it most of the time or a team effort doesn't necessarily correlate to success. If anything, the latter works better - remember our dominant No Name Defense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a cool stat. I don't think it means much other than the fact that we've been astonishingly healthy throughout the year. Cam's sack production is what really separates us. There are maybe 4 or 5 teams who will have a player with 15+ sacks. Because of Wake we're one of the lucky ones.
    Quote Quote