Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Besides RT who was r best draft pick

1. -51
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Jonathan Martin may have cost Jake Long a contract extension with the Dolphins (aside from what Jake Long has done to himself already)

He's been great in the ZBS, and I can see him anchoring the left tackle spot for as long as Philbin is here.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Best bang for the buck has got to be Thigpen, he was undrafted right?

Martin is easily the best pick, but the whole draft class was a good draft by ireland.

Look at Dallas' Defense. You know who was evaluating most of those players before they were drafted, right?

I feel much better about ireland drafting players than him signing free agents.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdrover View Post
    Best bang for the buck has got to be Thigpen, he was undrafted right?

Martin is easily the best pick, but the whole draft class was a good draft by ireland.

Look at Dallas' Defense. You know who was evaluating most of those players before they were drafted, right?

I feel much better about ireland drafting players than him signing free agents.
    Thigpen went undrafted years ago. He was a free agent signing from Canada
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I never said cut Egnew although we may have to if we resign Fasano. I said Hilton is a better NFL player than Egnew and I dont see that changing. Egnew was really not that good in college if u really watch the games he played. Not sure why we drafted him so high.
    Because his problem is up top, physically he could be a nightmare for defenses if the light switch on. In College he was not dominant, but he was a weapon, and did have quite a few good games. Physically talented players like Egnew that take time to comprehend offenses normally see one of two things happen to them....

1. The light finally comes on, and their physical ability takes over making them a tough player for defenses to control.

Or

2. The offense becomes too much for that player, and instead of working harder to succeed, he goes the opposite direction, and within a few years, is out of football all together.

Ireland and Phibin obviously took a risk with Egnew, but I really think there is a plan in motion, they could have gotten a plenty of good receiver in the 2nd, but didn't because they wanted to wait for 2013 to fix the WR position with a Vet they could count on, while still having a good list of potential receivers in the 2013 draft. I don't think they were expecting to have Tannehill start so early, so they hoped to give him some work with what they had, and eventually surround him with better talent, of which Egnew was going to be one of them at TE.

He may never be anything special, but it's way to early to say he's not as a good a pick as someone else that has been playing more then Egnew, when/if he gets his shot, we will see if he has what it takes.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    without a doubt reshad jones 5th round 2010
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well let's look at the other picks.

Jonathan Martin- Started every game. Struggled with power at times, but was far from a weakness.
    Olivier Vernon- Stats aren't pretty, but he was asked to do a bunch of different things (rush the passer, drop into coverage) but had a few blocked kicks, a ST TD, and made some timely sacks early this season.
    Michael Egnew- Not a good rookie season, but no reason to write him off completely
    Lamar Miller- Probably didn't get enough touches. Looked dangerous when he got plays.
    Josh Kaddu-Pretty much strict ST player
    BJ Cunningham-Didn't make team
    Kheeston Randall-Spent most of the season in the DT rotation. Can't ask for more from a 7th round DT
    Rishard Matthews-Inactive most of the season but has shown some encouraging skills since being forced into actions.

I'll go with OV cause his impact plays had good timing
    Quote Quote